Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 2009 RS Revelation 140mm
  • HarveyStedham
    Free Member

Looking at some RS revs on ebay set at 140mm but this is a bit too much travel really for my frame. Are all the revs adustable by using the spacers?

Are the spacers easy to get hold of? Or can something similar be used? And does trimming the suspension down (120mm?) also reduced the length of the fork, or does the overall length remain same as 140 forks and just compresses less? (if that makes sense!)

Many thanks;

Harvey

chunkypaul
    Free Member

if it is a dual air revelation yes

Rockshox All Travel Spacer Kit needed – you can get them from tf tuned or loco tuning

reduces the overall length of the fork (the uppers won’t extend as far due to the spacer)

HarveyStedham
    Free Member

Many thanks for info Paul, dont suppose you know what the available sizes are for rev 140? Is it 120, 130 and 140? Cheers

chunkypaul
    Free Member

you’ll need a 2009 spacer kit, particularly the 20mm spacer to reduce a 140mm fork to 120mm travel

take a look here

Andy

Shameless plug – i’m selling some 2009 Revs set to 120mm here

chakaping
    Free Member

Why not just get a Reba though?

HarveyStedham
    Free Member

Andy – i have been heavily considering your fork!!

The issue i have is that my giant has a rediculous 230mm steerer tube at present!! I could just get away with the 195 yours has without spacers but not sure how it would ride. Am i right in thinking 409 revs have a steel steerer tube? I always assumed they were alloy until something i read earlier….

chakaping – for same reason, needing something with such a big steerer (ideally 210mm +) heavily limits my choice of 2nd hand fork. Id happily settle for a reba if it came up!

Thanks again paul for the info

Andy

Actually the steerer is 193.5mm 🙁 but its definitely alloy 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘2009 RS Revelation 140mm’ is closed to new replies.