Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 2009 Revelations -Problems.
  • ScottChegg
    Free Member

Hi, after a bit of brain picking. I've got a set of Maxle Revs, and they have packed down. There's only about 3" of travel and they won't return.

They have only been back from Rockshox for 2 months after the damping side let go. Is there a simple fix that can be done to reset them, or is it back to Rockshox for another 4 weeks?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Let all the negative air out, I bet £20 they rise up again…..

Reset your air pressures (Positive first – Note what the pressure is when you first attach the pump, a smaller bet says it's higer than you'd expect it to be….) then try them again. If they drop down again its the seal between thr +ve & -ve chambers that's failed. It might just need some lubrication, but it's only an O ring. If it were me, I'd just open 'em up and fix it myself because it would be cheaper and less hassle then sending them back.
    FFS don't ask me how to do it though, I can't be arsed to explain it!! 🙂

james-o
    Free Member

some of the early forks had an issue from nicked o-rings, meaning the air leaked from +ve to -ve chambers. Peter's right to suggest the above check, if not i'll have £20 on it being the o-ring )

scruzer
    Free Member

if petepoddy got 20£ every time he gave advice on Revs he'd be a very rich man! Trust him though his stuff has always worked for me. try it scotchegg

ScottChegg
    Free Member

PP – Good advice above. Let the negative out and up they popped. I reset teh pressures and went for a spin and they are back to how they should be again.

If they have another floppy moment I'll strip them down, in the meantime I'll leave well alone.

Thanks for the help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘2009 Revelations -Problems.’ is closed to new replies.