Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • 2007 Yeti 575 medium frame size for me at 5'9" tall?
  • trxrincon
    Free Member

Hey, I’m looking into buying an 07 yeti 575 frame in a Medium, I’m 5’9″ tall with a 30 inside leg, will it fit me ok? I’ve heard they run larger than normal? Any help would be great. Thanks Rob

P20

Yes. You’ll be fine. I’m 5’8″ on a medium. They are long for their size, but it suits me fine

alfabus
    Free Member

I’ve got an ’06 575 in medium; I’m 5’11” with 31″ inside leg… you should be OK; I’ve got a lot of seatpost showing

Can you test ride it? If not, you’re welcome to try mine if you’re near cheltenham.

Dave

jota180
    Free Member

This is a 2007 in medium
    I’m 6′ with a 32″ inside leg

I reckon you’ll be OK

trxrincon
    Free Member

oh thanks for the very speedy replys! p20 I’ve heard they’re quite long, could I just run a shot stem on it would that help? Dave, thanks for the offer to test ride yours but I’m not close to you at all, I like In North Northumberland (otterburn) Its frame only so may just chance it, I wold like to run with a good bit of seatpost, thinking a dropper.

trxrincon
    Free Member

Jota, that looks awesome! Looking at your set up I’d just need to lower the seat post a few inch? Also what length stem you running?

P20

The toptubes are around 23.4″ from memory which is long for the size. I run mine with an inline thomson post and a 120mm stem, so you could easily shorten it. I’m about a 31″ inside leg.

IMG_0423-2 by ritcheyp20, on Flickr

jota180
    Free Member

@P20
    Where the ****’s that? Lilliput

trxrincon
    Free Member

oh that also looks awesome, same colour as the one I’m looking at I really like that colour.

P20

Bottom of Burma Road Aviemore 😆

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Work out how the TT length fits you. When I nearly bought an ASR7 and did some research the yeti size guide is different to other brands. I’m 5’10 and like a 22.5″ TT, which is medium (where I am top end of rider size guide) on a Santa Cruz, small on a Yeti (which is recommended for shorter riders).

Above posters are happy but I’d look up geometry guide on internet and compare with your current bike; what reach (TT + stem) do you like, and how would the Yeti match that?

yoshimi

I had a medium and at 5’8″ it was too big for me, tried swapping stems etc but never felt right although it did round the car park….

I’d honestly advise getting a good few miles of testing before to make sure-personally I’d say too big but reckon you might be between sizes

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

5’10” with 30″ inside leg and my medium 07 with a 90mm stem and inline post was superb! How I miss thee… 🙁

keppoch

Hmm,

Does this make me the odd one out at 6′ with a 32″ inside leg to be riding a large?

It is the old style with the same frame as pictured above.

keppoch

double post

trxrincon
    Free Member

Crash,the TT of the 07 is 23.4 inch and on my 03 Marin its 23 inch which I’m comfortable on, I’m running a 110mm stem on my marin too which is a tad long really, so a 575 with a 90mm stem I think will be ok. Yoshi, ah right its gonna be hard to get a ride on one to be honest, but judging from the pic of P20s bike I think it may be fine.

althepal

6 ft with a 32/33″ leg and a large is fine with me!
    Longer in the TT than the 04 enduro it replaced but its all good!

trxrincon
    Free Member

Ah right cool.

P20

I’m just south of the tyne on the Northumberland/Durham border, but with work, I wouldn’t be able to let you try mine for size for at least a week

trxrincon
    Free Member

Cool thanks, thing is tho I dont drive so getting to you might be a problem?

trxrincon
    Free Member

Any more opinions on this?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

its 10mm longer than your old bike, and youre running a tiller of a stem 🙂 . So yes, going to a shorter stem would make it feel the same length as your old bike, but not steer excessively differently (I ride 90mm which is long by modern fashion standards so your’e not going down to some twitchy stubby length). Fitting a 90mm would seem a sound idea if you think your current one isa bit too long; 10mm to take account of the longer TT, 10mm to make it fit better than the old bike.

The design of the frame means there’s loads of stand over height so that was never going to be an issue, so I would say if you are happy with your current bike’s size it will fit you. It’d be too long for me but that’s down to personal preferences.

trxrincon
    Free Member

Dunno it might be worth a shot if I can get it for the right price! haha

brianh
    Free Member

5′ 10″ and inside leg 30 – fine for me on medium 2012 575 Yeti – a great bike 😉

Denbighshire-20120630-00032 by brianh06, on Flickr

althepal

Brianh can you please stop posting that pic!!!

trxrincon
    Free Member

Brianh, wow that is a very sexy looking bit if kit. Well I think I’m gonna call the guy today and make an offer on it. It needs a few cable rub mnarks touched in and the lacour is coming off the swing arm, any fixes for that?

lzbones
    Free Member

buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it 😉

trxrincon
    Free Member

Haha Lee you daft bugger! 🙂

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘2007 Yeti 575 medium frame size for me at 5'9" tall?’ is closed to new replies.