• This topic has 126 replies, 65 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by alpin.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 127 total)
  • 20 year wait
  • j5kol
    Free Member

So when i started my working life i vowed that i would buy a Porsche one day. It has taken me 20years but my long term goal is finally en route to Grimsby docks in a container, slightly excited. Has anyone set a similar goal and how long did it take to achieve ?

jekkyl

christ. How much have you spent?

philbuh

My whole life I’ve been gagging to be a Singletrack lifetime subscriber, and as of 3 minutes ago I am one.

binners

I always wanted to be able to fart louder than any of my mates. Its taken a lot of practice, dedication and commitment, but I like to think it was worth all the years of effort

Sundayjumper

Intrigued as to what it is, that it needs to be shipped in !

When I was ickle I had one of these:

And from then on I always wanted a silver Porsche with a big spoiler.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Congratulations.

I can’t say I waited all my life for my Porsche but it was a joyous day when I got mine (aged 44). One of the first Cayman’s in 2007. Still have it and it brings a smile to my face everytime I get into it. Fabulous cars superbly well made.

What did you get ?

Enjoy.

jekkyl

How many bikes could you have bought with the money? 😯

perchypanther
    Free Member

I dream of one day owning a Porch.

Just have to make do with my Vestibule for now. 😥

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

All I want is a power kite to call my own.

perchypanther
    Free Member

#prayforflashy

jambalaya
    Free Member

My whole life I’ve been gagging to be a Singletrack lifetime subscriber, and as of 3 minutes ago I am one.

Congrats. None of the links worked for me so I remain just a plain old P

binners

I could display my ceramic poppy in the window

*sighs*

Rubber_Buccaneer

Just have to make do with my Vestibule for now

I so envy your vestibule as I stand in the rain fumbling for my keys 🙁

munrobiker
    Free Member

If you’re not fussy about which Porche you can just about get one on Bangernomics! It might end up looking like this more regularly than one fresh off the boat, though. It’s probably actually cheaper than the porch perchy’s after. Less dry, though.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

fumbling for my keys

Haven’t heard it called that before.

kerley
    Free Member

I don’t tend to wait for anything. I would have bought the Porsche 20 years ago with a massive loan.

The way I see it is I would have had 20 years more use out of it that you ever will. Plus there is a chance you could actually be dead before you get to the 20 years…

Rubber_Buccaneer

Haven’t heard it called that before.

Honest, that’s what I’m doing. The other pocket has the hole in it….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Honest, that’s what I’m doing

Jingle, jangle…..

Sundayjumper

None of the links worked for me so I remain just a plain old P

Lifers still only get a “P”.

maxtorque

Sorry to be the barer of bad news, but it’s just a car. A nice car yeah, but just a car. Perhaps i’m a bit jaded, or maybe because i’m lucky enough to actually get paid to drive nice cars, but what i think people actually want when they say “I want a Ferrari” is the Ferrari lifestyle, ie the private jet, large house in Surrey, yacht in the Med, Supermodel wife etc.

Just having a Ferrari, but with a normal lifestyle is just like having a Golf, but a lot less practical……. 😆

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

the willy waving has begun and you haven’t got it yet, congrats:)

johndoh
    Free Member

Hats off to Maxtorque for pissing on the OPs chips. There was no need for that 🙁

Well done OP – I hope you enjoy your new car 🙂

tomhoward

To not be as miserable as maxtorque

*tick*

fooman

If I was in the market for a bargain Porsche I’d look at the Boxster, still a great car and history has shown unloved Porsches eventually become classics. Origonal Audi TTs are great value too, lots of mint examples still about.

prawny

I’ve always wanted a porsche, but then I married a very lovely practical and thrifty lady.

I think I did well to convince her to get a used 320d 😡

mogrim

I’d love to have a Porsche, wish I had the money for one! What did you get???

Anyway, did get a new bike last week so not complaining 8)

tomhoward

Back to the OP, Not really planned, as I wasn’t aware it was possible until it was mentioned in a thread in here.

When I were a lad I had a poster of a spitfire that you coloured in yourself. My dad made a load of copies so I had all sorts of different colour schemes and I’ve loved spitfires since.

I’m going up in a 2 seat one and possibly having a wiggle of the stick (fnar fnar) in July. Can’t actually find the words to describe how excited I am.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Have fun OP! I’m intruigued, does it have the steering wheel on the right side?

As Jamba said, they’re beautifully put together but as has also been said, it’s just a car with the usual car bills – but probably a bit bigger.
    I have to deal with the, almost, perfect storm of needing new tyres, pads and disks on mine in the next couple of weeks.
    *sigh*

history has shown unloved Porsches eventually become classics.

Unloved? probably the best handling model they’ve ever made – MrsSB would dearly love [an older] one.

Trimix
    Free Member

What did you get then ?

I’m close to buying a 997 S2.

Wanted one since about 1985 when my neighbour used to drive me to college in his. He let me have a go in it once and I stalled it about 5 times. It had the old style pedals which hinged from the bottom up.

MoreCashThanDash

Always wanted a Ferrari…..

….Red bike:

and here it is

allthepies
    Free Member

ElShalimo

@allthepies – was maxtorque in Oasis?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

After 20 years I don’t know what… A car probably won’t make a difference

binners

How about a power kite?

squirrelking
    Free Member

Hope you have the same sense of humour that the Cayman owner who passed my wife had.

TU66 OFF

mikewsmith
    Free Member

binners – Member
    How about a power kite?

Would you colour it in for me Binners?

binners

If it’ll bring you happiness, I’d be delighted too.

Who needs a Porsche eh? 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Honestly it won’t fit a bike and I walk to work

mikey3
    Free Member

I’ve waited 20 years for a penis reduction operation,have you seen the length of the waiting list? oh and my penis.

Drac

Nice to treat yourself. Me I have a Golf not because it matches my life style though.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 127 total)

The topic ‘20 year wait’ is closed to new replies.