• This topic has 126 replies, 65 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by alpin.
Viewing 7 posts - 121 through 127 (of 127 total)
  • 20 year wait
  • TheDTs
    Free Member

My Dad did this. He always wanted a Porsche.
    Took him a while, And lot us of hard work.
    Did his research, found the one he always wanted.
    993 Carrera 4 Cabrio. One of the last ones with the Varioram engine.
    It is great, he loves using it, him and mum go off for days and weeks here and there.
    It doesn’t come out in the winter.
    It’s actually quite a rare model, so shouldn’t lose value.
    I do get to drive it occasionally, which is nice.

Edukator
    Free Member

very tasteless Aria Pro

Better in the hands than some US guitars of the day (once the trem was locked) but the pickups were dreadful.

kerley
    Free Member

For me it would have to be a Caterham

Me too. Had one 20 years ago as my only car and used it as my daily driver for 3 years doing 10,000+ miles a year.

Not great for carrying a family though…

tpbiker
    Free Member

Always wanted a les paul when I played as a student. One of the main reasons I wont take it up again is because I know ill want to buy all the kit I lusted after when I was a nipper. Same thing happened with mountain biking.

Taking back up an activity you did on a budget years later, when you have disposal income, is a recipe for throwing away cash!

julians
    Free Member

For me it would have to be a Caterham…. Not the 80bhp, nor the silly 500+bhp. Something in the middle. Weekends down to Liguria, Italy (where I currently am sitting in the terrace looking out with my chianti), via a few mountain passes.

Have you driven a caterham?

Ive got one,had it for the last 17 years,theyre horrendous over any sort of distance, i mean truly awful. Great on a race track or an empty twisty road,but essentially awful on the sort of roads that make up 99% of driving

downshep

I always wanted to be able to fart louder than any of my mates. Its taken a lot of practice, dedication and commitment, but I like to think it was worth all the years of effort

So rewarding to follow through on your dreams..

alpin
    Free Member

Ive got one,had it for the last 17 years,theyre horrendous over any sort of distance, i mean truly awful.

You’re probably right…. And the state of Italy’s roads probably wouldn’t help.

Went over the Passo Ceste Croci and on to Lago di Garda today and got shaken to bits at times. To be fair the MX5 has very stiff, lowered suspension, but imagine a Cat would be worse….

Still, don’t piss on my chips…..

Viewing 7 posts - 121 through 127 (of 127 total)

The topic ‘20 year wait’ is closed to new replies.