Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 2009 SID Race's not fully locking out.
  • Dimmadan
    Free Member

Does anyone have a pair that fully lock off or is there supposed to be 10mm of movement?

I have a brand new set on my Merida and when the poplock is on they are still a little soft and don't fully lock like my Fox's.

Dino
    Free Member

think thats how they are

njee20
    Free Member

Twiddled your Flood gate?

They won't ever be quite rock solid, the whole point is that they do still move if you whack them, and IME they're not as firm as something like a DT.

mattp
    Free Member

Changing the floodgate doesn't affect the lock out on mine only the point at which they go from locked out to normal. i'd say i get more than 10mm when locked out but i've never measured it that just what it feels like…

rickon
    Free Member

If they're brand new they may need priming… trying cycling them through their travel a dozen times to get the compression damper working.

njee20
    Free Member

Changing the floodgate doesn't affect the lock out on mine only the point at which they go from locked out to normal.

Correct, so if you have it a long way 'open' there'll be more movement. Depends if we're talking about 10mm of travel followed by a hard stop, in which case there's more likely a problem!

sl2000

10mm sounds normal to me too.

I've a little issue with my SIDs in that the poplock (actually pushlock on mine) cable needs to be set exactly right to lock out. With too much cable it's still in the squidgy zone when locked out; with too little I can't push the pushlock far enough to lock because it hits the end stop. There's only a mm or two of leeway in this – and I've not noticed similar on my other RS forks.

So maybe you need to tighten the cable a little?

And does anyone know off hand if there's an adjustment I could make on mine to make the lock out kick in earlier in the rotation of poploc control?

Dimmadan
    Free Member

I will have a go at playing with the cable tightness.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

If the twiddling doesn't sort it (it should, but may not) there isn't enough oil in the fork and you should have a chat with Fisher's about how to top it up.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘2009 SID Race's not fully locking out.’ is closed to new replies.