Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 2 New Builds – ENJOY!
  • jim_1980
    Free Member

I attempted to post these up last Friday and being a newbie with posting pictures i made a rite hash of it! So here goes again.
    Built myself a Pipedream Sirius back in Oct 2009 and only just got round to posting a pic of it up here. I had a Focus Northern Light before and swapped most of the parts over. The frame was purchased from the classifieds and im chuffed to bits with it. Also just finished an odds and sods build for my GF using bits purchased off here and through friends.

Comments welcome.

PipeDream Sirius:

Odds and Sods Bike:

If anyone else wants to post images of their Pipedream's (id love to see what other people have got) and any bikes made of odds and sods please feel free.

Thanks to all who helped me out with both builds. I have learnt a lot and realised i have a lot still to learn.

Please excuse the cr@p in the conservatory behind, that is the contents of my loft which i am boarding this weekend.

austen

I think that's a trend for 2010 right there – it's all about black front wheels and silver rear wheels!

I'm clearly a little ahead of the trend as have been running this combination since November… Chameleon is looking a dogs dinner at the moment (even fork upper and lower don't match) but is the bike I _always_ take out. Odds and sods bikes rule.

tinsy
    Free Member

Tis just a braking surface, he was lucky the old rockrider came with a disk ready hub at the rear, but not the front wich was a shame, but would always touch in the rim with a bit of black…

Jim.. its no good I cant stand it, turn the discs around on it, in case small children point and laugh at your Doris…(or you)

jim_1980
    Free Member

corr there's no pleaseing some people, like tinsy said its just a braking surface and i needed a disc ready front wheel hence the difference in colour (and my doris doesnt mind what it looks like).
    I shall turn the disc's around tinsy as i dont want people laughing at my creation :o)

wwaswas

need to sort the storage in the conservatory out and there appears to be a homebase carrier ziptied to the pipedream?

jim_1980
    Free Member

that will be sorted this coming weekend wwaswas dont you worry about that :o)
    well spotted with the homebase carrier bag its my gash looking pump cover to keep it dry and mud free in these winter months (idea courtsy of tinsy)

jim_1980
    Free Member

any more pipedream users on here want to post their pics?

charliedontsurf

Your conservatory seems to be used for conserving old boxes.

I have been Reading a bit of zen recently and got a whole mondeo boot of junk out of my conservatory. Don't keep crap, complete the job, and get rid of the clutter.

Then you will have more room for your growing quiver of bikes. Nice pipedream.

tinsy
    Free Member

ha ha ha… enjoy boarding the lift out Jim….. in hindsight maybe that should have been last weeks job! 🙂

jim_1980
    Free Member

ha ha im getting more comments about whats in my conservatory than the bikes. isnt this a bike forum? or am i getting a taste of the legendary sense of humour ive read about that exists in this forum?

jim_1980
    Free Member

tinsy you may be correct there. now i know why people take snaps of their bikes in the garden with a fence in the background or indoors with a nice big blank wall behind.

tinsy
    Free Member

Yeah but that has its own problems algi on decking, pointing on walls, fences in a state, they all get scrutiny..

What I cant work out is the Pipedream is inside looking into another room full of stuff, the Rockrider is on the outside looking in to the conservatory full of stuff… Do you have anywhere to sit?

jim_1980
    Free Member

ha ha you div! pipedream pic was taken in poor light so flash went off and the rockrider was in better light hence no flash. However i can see what you mean in regards the Pipedream pic. I can assure you its outside though :o) or is it ;o)
    Probably a good idea i dont take any pictures of my bike in my lounge then, they will have a field day on here picking holes in the plaster work the lack of a fire place the dodgy carpet the lack of skirting.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘2 New Builds – ENJOY!’ is closed to new replies.