Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 1×9 (with pics)
  • scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Set it up today. Bunnyhopped it everywhere and couldn’t get the chain off, but I’ll still be a little bit cautious over rough ground and get a stinger if need be:

takisawa2

Nice.
    I’m convinced.
    Where do I sign…:)

SeanOrange
    Free Member

Nice set-up.
    What size front ring is that? Just trying to gauge the size of the inner plate. I’ve got a 32t with outer bash and front mech on my 1×9 but not tried it on any rough stuff yet so may need one of those blackguards. The outer bash on mine just covers the ring so if the inner was bigger it would look odd.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Is that a med cage mech and 11-32 cassette?

allankelly

You’ve got an inner and an outer bashguard on, so you’ll be OK with the chain (not) falling off. I tried it once without guards and it was hopeless. I bought a DMR chaincage, which worked but was about the fiddliest piece of tin I’ve ever used.

Front gears are fine. I went the other way…. 1×3

😉

Cheers, al.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

The front ring is 32T with a 36 bashguard on it. The blackguard is just a touch bigger than the chain ring, and gives me about 5mm clearance between it and the chainstay.

It is actually a long cage mech with a 11-32 cassette.

1 x 3? Mmm, that would leave me with my most hated bike component – the front mech. Hate setting them up with a passion.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hmmm, how about that 1X3 concept, but with a Hammershmidt up front……Interesting…!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘1×9 (with pics)’ is closed to new replies.