Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • DX light / P7 Question – 18650 rechargable battery – where to buy from
  • DT78
    Free Member

ok so finally my p7 light has turned up from DX. However I didn't realise it did not come with the rechargable batteries (bought a charger – just not the battery as I thought it came with it). Where can I buy from in the uk – amazon and maplin don't appear to be turning up any luck for a 18650 3.7v battery….

Oh and what mAh should I be purchasing – seem to be different ones!

Stoner
    Free Member
    DickBarton

DealExtreme…not in the UK but they have such good prices and free postage (or 1 cent cost) that it isn't a major issue…the lights were taking an age as the supplier was out of stock but the batteries should be fine so only a week or so to wait…

Where are you based?

I_Ache
    Free Member

From my basic knowledge you are best going for the highest mAh you can get as this dictates the run time but also increases the charge time. I hope I'm correct with this analogy. the voltage is the power of your car engine ant the mAh is the size of the fuel tank

NikNak7890
    Free Member
    will
    Free Member

Well this thread has answered my questions.

woody2000

You can buy them here – http://www.thephotonshop.co.uk/page44.htm but they're more expensive than DX. HTH

voodoo_chile

can you use normal batteries with this torch ?

DT78
    Free Member

ok thanks guys – helpful as ever – I'll order from DX – I just hope I don't wait a month for them to arrive!

z1ppy

V_C no you need that specific battery

DickBarton

voodoo – no as normal batteries are incorrectly sized and also incorrectly powered for the light.

AndyPaice
    Free Member

I got two Trustfire 2499mAh 18650 cells from pellacraft on ebay. £8 and two days to arrive

z1ppy

V_C actually I just remembered you can supposedly use 2x CR123A batteries, instead of the 18650. Though they aren't exactly 'normal' batteries

CountZero

Just spotted this thread. You really really don't want to use CR123's, unless you're really loaded. You can buy 50 for around $10 off eBay, but they'll cost anything up to £6 EACH in shops. Better to wait for the proper 18650's. Buy four while you're at it, then you can carry a couple charged up in a mobile phone case or similar in your bag. Mine go in a little case MBUK gave away, perfect size to keep all three of my spares.

voodoo_chile

does it take just one battery?

CountZero

The 18650 is one long battery, the same length as two CR123's. The real difference is that 18650's are rechargable and quite high capacity, around 2700 mAh, while rechargable CR123's are only around 700. Battery packs for On-One Airbike lights and the DX Bike light have three or four 18650's inside. 18650's aren't available in high street shops, but they're worth the trouble getting hold of, along with a good charger. The Trustfire ones are pretty good.

Northwind

Aren't 2 CR123s a little longer than a 18650?

Oh, this is total internet hearsay but I've heard some bad comments about the 3000mah 18650s now available from Dealextreme, high internal resistance/low maximum current seem to be common complaints. I just got some more of the Trustfire 2500mahs, they do the job.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘DX light / P7 Question – 18650 rechargable battery – where to buy from’ is closed to new replies.