Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • 167g of houmous a day..
  • slimjim78
    Free Member

..excessive?

consider my plan, to lose weight.
    Is a bag of carrot sticks and a tub of houmous too much for a breakfast/lunch combo?

If I were to go by calorie readings alone, the houmous would come in at around 600cal, the carrots sticks around 100cal.
    In those terms, calorie content seems high. But calories mean nada on this low GI superfood, right?

I’m confused. Maybe i’ll just stick to the carrots.

I’m riding tonight if it makes any difference?
    Seriously, what’s the score?

Drac

1g is excessive in my eyes, awful stuff.

slimjim78
    Free Member

WRONG ANSWER! (it’s dee lish ous)

ton

i eat a small carton about 4 times a week.
    still losing 2lbs a week, so i reckon you will be ok with the hummous.

Drac

WRONG ANSWER!

That depends, I don’t eat it and I don’t need to diet. 🙂

slimjim78
    Free Member

I would call these cartons ‘small’, but I guess they’re more of a medium.

It’s the standard tesco 2 for £1.50 jobbies

binners

Why not just gain a similar culinary experience by eating a bucket of wallpaper paste?

D0NK

wouldn’t want to be sharing an office with you.

slimjim78
    Free Member

these responses are weird to me.
    a) I genuinly love the stuff
    b) I barely fart these days since cutting out breads/spuds/refined carbs etc
    c) farting less is actually a negative side effect in my eyes

ton

just eaten a small whole chicken, a tub of hummous and a punnit of cherry toms.
    idiet rocks………. 8)

slimjim78
    Free Member

please somebody, tell me the truth, on a weight loss/dietry level – should I eat less?
    or is it the perfect food?

kayak23

You simply cannot have too much houmous. Nectar of the Gods it is.. 😀

binners

If its actively contributing to you farting less, the I’d definitely knock it on the head. It’s having a profoundly detrimental impact on your quality of life!! 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

Try it and see how it works for you. See if you continue to lose weight.

Matt24k
    Free Member

Waitrose Morocan Style Humous is my lunch of choice. I have have half a standard tub with 1 large carrot AND 2 whole meal pitta breads. No idea of the calories but I am 5’7″, a 31 inch waist and ticking the age 45+ box.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

you can lose weigh this way but you are not going to be attractive due to the smell of garlic and gaseous nature of the after effects… 😀

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Is a bag of carrot sticks and a tub of houmous too much for a breakfast/lunch combo?

Sounds boring and too little for breakfast and lunch combined. 2 meals so 2/3 of your daily intake…. 1200 kcal?

kudos100
    Free Member

I often eat 300 grammes of humous in a day. Delicious.

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Worried Theo is making you look a bit chunky 🙂

messiah
    Free Member

Do you “pimp your houmous”?

Olive oil, salt, pepper, Blairs Death sauce… yum yum yum.

surfer
    Free Member

Just dont eat one of the 500g Costco one per day. My favourite.

slimjim78
    Free Member

I LOVE super spicy foods, yes I do occasionally pimp it.

I’ve been eating this way for a few weeks, and the weight is coming off but not exactly dropping off.
    Although, training was setback after suffering two chest infections/colds in the last month..

Sounds boring and too little for breakfast and lunch combined. 2 meals so 2/3 of your daily intake…. 1200 kcal?

Actually, i tend to skip breakfast and have the lunch earlyish so its around 700kcal for lunch and bfast combined. I then usually have an iDavish tea around 1000/1250kcal. On hard training days ill eat a little more.

Weight should be dropping off, right?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

You’re not eating enough.

ton

you need to eat loads of lean meat and fish with your hummous.

loum
    Free Member

You’re not eating enough for breakfast.
    Try reversing the quantities so you have your 1000-1250 cal meal at the start of the day when you need it, then the smaller humus meals later for lunch and/or tea.
    If you’re really worried that you’re missing out on the trumps, try some hard boiled eggs and jalapeños chopped into the humus.

ahwiles
    Free Member

humous is great, but the supermarket stuff needs a little ‘pimping’

add lemon juice, ground cumin, and a pinch of salt.

slimjim78
    Free Member

I sometimes throw in some chicken or tuna at lunch, and always have loads of lean meat and veg for tea.
    I tend to train mostly in the evening too, so appreciate a bigger meal in the evening.

Are you suggesting that not eating enough is putting me into a fasting mode? I thought that circa 2000kcal daily was plenty, especially considering the quality of the food eaten.

I intend to eat healthily for life having now gotten into the habit, but please remember my curent main priority is maxiumum weight loss – 8 weeks to go until wedding day

maccruiskeen

Why not just gain a similar culinary experience by eating a bucket of wallpaper paste?

Where are you buying your humous if you think its like wallpaper paste (guesses at it being asda)

Actually – perhaps a I should really ask where you buy your wallpaper paste if it tastes like humous – delicious and tax deductible .

sam_underhill

Try making it yourself, it’s so easy – especially with a mini food processor. Jusp whack in anything nice with chickpeas, tahini, garlic, olive oil. Caramelised onion, paprika & tumeric is my current favourite combo.

maccruiskeen

Just dont eat one of the 500g Costco one per day. My favourite.

Its not a choice though is it – the costco ones are great value but they go fizzy quite quickly once you’ve opened it so you have to gorge on the stuff

molgrips
    Free Member

I can’t understand people wanting to look thin in their wedding photos. If you crash diet you’ll just end up getting fat again, and your wedding photos will just highlight that every time people see them!

cp

by skipping brekky, your body goes into self preservation mode and reduces its metabolic rate. When you then eat lunch and your larger dinner, your body wont be using the calories at the same rate as if you’d eaten a decent brekky. so although your calories in is relatively low, your calorie usage will be low.

Increase the amount you eat for brekky slowly over a few weeks and keep the other meal calorie quantities similar to what you’re eating now.

Solo
    Free Member

and I don’t need to diet.

You’re not too good at this, are you.
    😉

Actually – perhaps a I should really ask where you buy your wallpaper paste if it tastes like humous – delicious and tax deductible .
    LMFAO
    Excellent.
    😉

I can’t understand people wanting to look thin in their wedding photos. If you crash diet you’ll just end up getting fat again, and your wedding photos will just highlight that every time people see them

I was wondering if the OP is just Dieting, rather than learning a new diet.

philconsequence
    Free Member

I can’t understand people wanting to look thin in their wedding photos. If you crash diet you’ll just end up getting fat again, and your wedding photos will just highlight that every time people see them!

some people dont feel comfortable in photos cos of their weight, a fair amount of those people would feel happier being photographed at a lower weight, seeing as a wedding tends to be pretty photo heavy, especially for the bride and groom then i dont see a problem with people working to make themselves more comfortable with being photographed, especially if there’s health benefits to losing that weight anyway!

maybe i’ve done it wrong and i should put on fat for the wedding and then lose it afterwards so whenever i look back or people looka t the photos they can think ‘oh wow he looks so much better now’ lets ignore the ‘shame he looked that chubby on his wedding day though’ part of it!

Solo
    Free Member

by skipping brekky, your body goes into self preservation mode and reduces its metabolic rate

Utter tush !.

You’ve slept for 8 hours, then you move about, a bit, for another 3-4 hours.
    Then you feed.
    That isn’t going to ring alarms bells in your metabolism bunker.

alex222
    Free Member

make it? olive oil, tahini, chick peas obviously, lemon juice or lime juice, dog dirt, and cracked black pepper.

(please note there is a red herring ingredient in there can you guess which on?)

Solo
    Free Member

make themselves more comfortable with being photos, especially if there’s health benefits to losing that weight anyway! So long as they maintain their new weight and don’t Bounce

maybe i’ve done it wrong and i should put on fat for the wedding and then lose it afterwards
    Calm down.
    Remember your nation service training.
    😉

Solo
    Free Member

please note there is a red herring ingredient in there can you guess which on?)

Yeap.
    The Chorizo is the red sausage there ^^^.
    Spotted that, Easy.

miketually
    Free Member

please somebody, tell me the truth, on a weight loss/dietry level – should I eat less? or is it the perfect food?

If you subscribe to the “eat less, move more” thermodynamics school of thought, you can eat whatever you like so long as you subsequently move enough. What else are you eating and how much are you moving?

If you subscribe to the insulin-response school of thought, eat as much houmous as you like. Why not have some chorizo with it?

slimjim78
    Free Member

wrong!
    I’m going to look thinner after my wedding as the weight will be coming off for a while yet – I just want to look as healthy as poss come the big day

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘167g of houmous a day..’ is closed to new replies.