Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 165 chainset crank – cant find one !
  • uch255g
    Free Member

Hi

I have searched high and low for a 165mm double or triple chainset for my daughters next MTB. I am building up a 14 inch frame for her.

Anyone have any ideas? needs to be reasonably priced (as far under £40 as possible) and reasonable weight.

Thanks

nickjb
    Free Member

You might get a sinz on ebay. They seem more common in the USA but you might get one with shipping in budget.

scaredypants

cheapest 165 mtb cranset I found when lookinga year or 2 ago was XT 🙄

you can get junior cyclocross ones 155 or 160 I think – sq taper so BB cheap and should last the rest of her life – but I think they were road bcd so wouldn’t get a granny on there

I got a 150 cheapaschips from SJS I think in the end. heavy but was a triple with a smallish granny

HermanShake
    Free Member

Sugino RD2 (double that’s often used single) or any other square taper track chainset will come in at that length. Just needs an MTB BB (I think) and you’re sorted. Ebay should have something!

I specified the RD2 as it’s a double that’s used as a single. I just ebay searched “165 chainset” and a fair bit came up, maybe the Onza stuff’s worth a look too?

uch255g
    Free Member

Result !

Thnaks

mamadirt
    Free Member

You might get a sinz on ebay

I know you’re sorted now but prob worth posting for future ref . . . Winstanleys and Source BMX do short sq taper BMX race cranks along with V levers sized for small hands, etc.

timbur
    Free Member

Just ordered a 135mm Sinz for my lads new bike.
    Looks nice for £30 delivered from the USofA. Wonder if it’s water damaged now??? 😮

rootes1

Spa as above best bet and £35 notes – just the job even a 160mm option

PaulD
    Free Member

St John Street Cycles is always worth a look for anything a bit out of the mainstream or touring/tandem needs.

PaulD

mlucas666
    Free Member

Just ordered a 135mm Sinz for my lads new bike.
    Looks nice for £30 delivered from the USofA.

My sons racing BMX came with a Sinz Square Taper Crankset, seems pretty good quality TBH.

Speshpaul

if you are not sorted i’ve got a set drop me a email.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘165 chainset crank – cant find one !’ is closed to new replies.