Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 160mm forks on a Blur LT? Lyriks?
  • agentdagnamit
    Free Member

I'm toying with the idea of getting some 2 step air Lyriks for my Blur LT, just for 3 or 4 weeks per year riding the more demanding stuff abroad. I'd keep my Pikes for the UK.

I know the frame can take a 160mm fork, but I havent seen too many examples around. The bike is already a little light at the front when climbing, maybe the slightly heavier forks and step down will help. The benefits on the downs are more obvious.

Any comments or experience of this set up?

cheers

Neil-S
    Free Member

I have a BLT1, currently running Pikes. I have a pair of 36 VAN RC2 on another bike that I keep meaning to try, but I've not managed to get round to it yet.

I have the same concerns as you, I think it might make it worse at climbing and maybe a bit slow steering.

pedalhead
    Free Member

I've got a 36 Talas on my LT carbon. The full 160mm is great for the downs but makes for an extremely wandery front end on steep climbs. It's fine when dialled down though.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

any more advice? getting nearer to my Alps trip and still not sure about this. Lyriks are going for under £500 for 160mm 2 step air, so still very interested.

blurltrider
    Free Member

I've got u turn lyriks on my LT and found them brilliant in the alps. Just wound them down for steeper climbs.

StuE
    Free Member

2 steps not too reliable, might be better with coil uturn or solo airs

RicB

Why don't you buy some solo airs and spacer them down to 140mm for the UK. You'll get the better damping/stiffness etc and you can take the spacer out for alps stuff.

geetee1972
    Free Member

If you're only going to use them for the alps, then definitely go for the coil Lyriks. They are far more reliable, perform better and a lot cheaper. Plus you can adjust them down to 120mm (I think).
    If you're interested I have a set I am looking to sell. If you're intereted drop me an email and I can send you pics and thoughts on price.

grantway
    Free Member

Still hear a lot of problems with the Lyriks
    so go with a Fox Talas if you want the adjustability

crocodilian
    Free Member

I have some 2-steps that were very good but lost the 2-step ability after about a month or so. I only hear bad things about the 2-step system. Don't let that put you off Lyriks though, I now have some coil u-turns that are just great! You get 115mm to 160mm and anywhere inbetween.

oxnop
    Free Member

I ride my LTc with 150 RLC FIT's (0 deg rise & low rise bars) – I have not missed the adjustability of the Uturn revs I had previous.

lookoutkid
    Free Member

Where have you seen them for that price Agentdagnamit?

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

RicB – what's involved in reducing the travel with spacers?

U turn seems a bit in the @rse compared with 2 step, in princple and having owned u turn revs, Pikes and Talas – but if 2 step is really that unreliable…..

lookoutkid – search on ebay, Rutland cycling I think

flyingmonkeycorps

Geetee – may well be interested in your Lyriks if OP isn't, dependant on price and steerer. Drop me an email if you're interested 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘160mm forks on a Blur LT? Lyriks?’ is closed to new replies.