Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • 15 seconds?
  • Jolsa

I thought I'd initially misheard on the news headlines, but the BBC reporter has just said it takes just 15 seconds to get from the bottom to the top using the lift in the Burj Dubai building.

Isn't that something like 70mph?!

Jamie
    Free Member

I believe they use a combination of a cannon and a trampoline.

jam-bo

It was 50s

Jolsa

I'm assuming 15 minutes and a c*ck up by the BBC. Or my ears could be due for a severe syringe…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

According to my friend Google, the lift, which apparently is the fastest in the world, takes 22 minutes to reach the top.

Jolsa

Ah. Nurse!

Jolsa

He certainly didn't say 22 minutes. I'm gonna find the BBC clip…

Smee
    Free Member

9m/s so somewhere around the 60-70 sec mark.

Jolsa

50 seconds it is. Sounds more like it, although I quite liked the idea of 15…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member
    mr_whacky
    Free Member

"According to reports it will take only 15 minutes to arrive at the 160th floor, given the lift isn't full."

only 15 minutes? – and you have to change on the way apparently.. no single lift services all floors

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2010-01/04/content_12753604.htm

skidartist
    Free Member

15 seconds from the top back down to the bottom again though, if someone gives you a leg up over the handrail.

GrahamS

13 seconds to fall the 828m height assuming you are magically frictionless. So a bit more with drag 😀

avdave2

50 seconds, I'm surrounded by Idiots will be along in a minute to tell us that he did the stairs in 49.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Around the world, BASE jumpers are rubbing their hands together in eagerness….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘15 seconds?’ is closed to new replies.