Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 140 mm pike on Whyte t129s
  • jonnyb1972
    Free Member

Hi I’ve not been on here for ages so not sure if this has been discussed previously. Is the above possible, is it worth doing or does it affect geometry handling in a negative way ?

z1ppy
    kirky72
    Free Member

I switched mine o 140mm pikes a few weeks back after asking the same on here, I could only find one or two posts online where people had done it or reccomended.

i called the LBS they said it would alter the Geo and invalidate the warranty etc etc.

However comparing the frame build to the G150 and the angles there didn’t seem to be a lot in it. I checked the trail measurements on line and read a similiar topic on a Ibis conversion and decided to opt for the 51mm offset.

I would say initially that it felt a bit monster truck like but I’ve got used to it now, I’ve measured the bottom bracket and that seems now higher than advertised.

I’ve ridden all types of terrain now, the front end is marginally more sketchy when climbing. On the downs and knarly stuff the bike now shreds. The forks are really plush and just roll over everything so far.

I’ve knocked out some fairly rough DH sections 20 secs quicker than my longer travel 26″ bike whilst climbing and general xc riding as good as ever.

jonnyb1972
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘140 mm pike on Whyte t129s’ is closed to new replies.