Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Whyte T129 with 140mm forks?
  • scrufftv
    Free Member

Anybody running 140mm forks on their Whyte T129?

I am having a demo on one at the weekend and have a pair of 140mm pikes that I would love to transfer over to it should I buy it. Don’t fancy the expensive lowering process and think they are bang on at 140mm.

singlecrack
    Free Member

140 revs on mine……not sure really …tends to wander a bit on climbs …but I’m running a 50mm stem ……downhill it’s great though ….fortunate thing is I’ve got other bikes and the whyte seems to be a play/trail centre/downhill type bike …..if it was my only bike I think 120 would be best…………..IMO.

scrufftv
    Free Member

Thanks, thought as much. Perhaps I’ll get those pikes machined down after all then. It’s probably not the travel but more the stiffness and support of the pikes I love. Either way the Whyte looks bang on for me, just got stung with a really short front center on a Fireline, so hoping this will be more like my Honzo in feel.

scrufftv
    Free Member

Well I took the demo out today and slipped on my pikes and some decent tyres before testing. Front end was spot on at 140 with bars slammed, really very impressed. Have had much taller and wandering front end bikes than this, I even slung a 10mm spacer under the stem half way round. Going to order the base model next week and sell the parts as I’m only after the frame. Anyone want to sell me their large frame before then, just shout. Good money waiting.

rollsroyce
    Free Member

I bought some 150 to 120 pike dpa’s and have been running them on my 2013 t129s for about three weeks. Bloody awesome! Don’t really drop them to 120 at all. It’s the type if fork the frames been begging for.
    I’ve a large frame that I maybe interested in selling….. Not yet a year old. Has paint chips from usual wear and tear. What’s your ballpark?

scrufftv
    Free Member

Around the £650 mark. There is a medium on Ebay that hasn’t shifted at 650 at the moment, so think that’s a fair price?

rollsroyce
    Free Member

Seems a fair price. When are you looking to get one? Just thinking about timescales for getting a new frame myself.

scrufftv
    Free Member

I was thinking next weekend would be good. Give us an email ( in profile ) to discuss. I am selling a Covert 29 which you may be interested in as a swap as an option?

rollsroyce
    Free Member

Emailed.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Whyte T129 with 140mm forks?’ is closed to new replies.