Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • 1200 feet of climbing on the SSUK courrse – there’s not is there?
  • allankelly

It says here:
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/ssuk09-course
    that there’s 1200 feet of climbing on the SSUK course – there’s not is there?

In comparison, Innerleithen is about 500m vertical from carpark to Minch Moor, that’s 1640 feet over about 7 miles – and that’s fairly epic.

Some of the SSUK massive may not be able to take that on… here’s a top athlete from last year.

😉

Cheers, al.

epicyclo

Hey, he was faster than me….

longweight
    Free Member

MTFU

miketually
    Free Member

50km on the Hamsterley fire roads gets you about 3600 feet of climbing, which is the same as 1000′ over 14km, so 1200′ sounds about right.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I wouldn’t call the innerleithan climb epic. Just a bit of a slog

Big-Pete
    Free Member

Top of Inners ss is a bloomin long walk for the novice portly athlete

DaveGr
    Free Member

If you get to a steep bit don’t you just shift to a lower gear?

Oh I forgot, you can’t 😀

grumm
    Free Member

If you are worried about the climbs, I’ve heard of this crazy new-fangled invention…

Smee
    Free Member

Height gain from car park to Minch Moor is closer to 400m. You wouldn’t want to do that three times on a ss bike.

Raouligan
    Free Member

It’s a race with bikes with one gear, er isn’t that by definition supposed to hurt, is suffering not actually what racing is about….?

TTFU

Keva
    Free Member

whites level at Afan is 17km with 550m of climbing and plenty of people do that on a singlespeed don’t they ?

anyways there is obviously plenty of flat sections and downhill sections which everyone knows gives ther rider a rest on a singlespeed bike ’cause there is nowt to push against when pedalling a 2:1 or less on the flat. That only leaves three hills to climb up. Can’t be that hard can it ?

Kev

stevemcnalls
    Free Member

Agree that Inners is a bit of a slog on a SS – but to do it 3 times in a row on an SS (including compulsory beer) now we’re getting towards epic.

chopperT
    Free Member

Singlespeeders in “Hills are Hard” shocker.

miketually
    Free Member

Singlespeeders in “Hills are Hard” shocker.

It’s just psychological warfare – the opposite of smack talk. The people making the most noise about it being hard and not really racing are the ones that’ll be tucked up in bed with earplugs in at 9pm on Saturday so they can get up to warm up on rollers before the race on Sunday.

😉

thomthumb
    Free Member

MTFU

sats the man who sold his SS after one ride! 😯

Dave
    Free Member

It’s a race with bikes with one gear, er isn’t that by definition supposed to hurt, is suffering not actually what racing is about….?

TTFU

Irony alert!

igm

[/quote]DaveGr – Member
    If you get to a steep bit don’t you just shift to a lower gear?

Oh I forgot, you can’t [/unquote]

I swapped to a lower gear last night…

Pook

is he a massive man, or is he on a tiny bike?

:O

father
    Free Member

Top Athlete indeed, That’s me

See you Saturday. I’ve not got any better, just older!

Definitely in contention for the DFL trophy.

And no, the bike isn’t particularly little.

father
    Free Member

Aren’t hills for meant for walking?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘1200 feet of climbing on the SSUK courrse – there’s not is there?’ is closed to new replies.