Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 105 Rear Mech Jumpyness
  • scratch
    Free Member

Sure I’ve seen this on here before, I’ve posted at least once but it was not long after the group was launched (105/5800)

Every 12 months or so the bottom of the cage starts bouncing up and down with the chain miss-aligning on the gear, last weekend it involved the rear mech bouncing up and ripping itself off (through peddling force I admit….) and bending the rear hanger.

Checked all the usual, hanger straight, chain length, chain direction, indexing, everything you’d usually go through.

Is it a known fault?

Tempted to go Ultegra chain/cassette/RM this time around

variflex
    Free Member

Interesting as I had the same problem on my last frame….every so often the rear mech would jump up and down like a banshee when in the larger cogs. Never got the bottom of it as it happened quite infrequently. Since then I have swapped frames and cables and the problem seems to have gone but I wont rule it coming back as I havent ridden the new frame much. I wonder whether its related to chain alignment?

scotroutes

Sounds like a stiff link.

scratch
    Free Member

That’s exactly how it behaves SR, I’m using a Shimano 105 chain installed by the pin (I very rarely find these stiff link if joined correctly) and checked after.

scratch
    Free Member

Correct ratio RM’s been fitted as well

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘105 Rear Mech Jumpyness’ is closed to new replies.