Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • 100km times please
  • 29erconvert
    Free Member

I’m doing the on-one 100km at Dalby on the 23rd, I’ve got an idea of the time I would like to complete it in. but was woundering what times people on here complete a 100km in? Pedal power time only please. 😀

gringojimi
    Free Member

I’m doing it too.

Never done any long distance riding before, so just finishing will be a real achievement.

I expect it’ll take me at least 3 days 😳

RealMan
    Free Member

19 mins 3 secs, on a rigid fixie of course.

Wally

7hr and 20mins 100K IOW offroad ride 🙂
    In my slight defence there was a 30mph+ wind and lots of exposed bits.

steve_b77
    Free Member

All depends on the amount of climbing and if you’ve ridden that kind of distance before, oh yeah if you’re about as fit as a post fight Ricky Hatton you’re screwed 😆

29erconvert
    Free Member

not really sure about the course i know it goes through dalby which i’ve done many time my fastest time around the red is 2hr 10mins cant wait now gonna try and get under 7hrs but we shall see!

sleigh62
    Free Member

just dont do a Wally and ride with your ‘bits exposed’ 😆

michaelmcc
    Free Member

5.30 hours – 6.30 hours, i imagine most times are around there.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

First time I did a 100k off road took me 8:30. I was almost last (just inside the cut offs). Next time 7:00 (2/3 way down of finishers). Last year 6:30 (almost exactly at the half way point of finishers). This year: who knows. I looked at the time of the winner the first time (4:00 I think) and almost took up golf!

This was all at the Selkirk 100 (formerly Merida, now CRC). Bear in mind – its not usually 100km, but it is bloody steep.

drdjpower

Like 29erconvert, I’ve managed 2.10 on the Dalby red route on a good dry quiet day. More usually 2.30+.

I haven’t been on the bike since April (but done some flat road miles) so for the 100K next weekend I have absolutely no idea. Planning to set off slowly and try to enjoy it, then see what happens. In the mud it could be horrendously slow.

Looking forward to it!

donsimon
    Free Member

First and last was 109km in 6:43 with about 2.000m of climbing.

RealMan
    Free Member

with about 2.000m of climbing.

A whole 2m?

Kryton57

It doesnt matter. Like me, your doing it, and no doubt will complete it. The time is irrelevant, just completing it is an achievement.

Good luck fella, see you there….

donsimon
    Free Member

RealMan – Member

with about 2.000m of climbing.

A whole 2m?
    Bless. 🙄

alexathome
    Free Member

Depends on weather, a lot.

13thfloormonk

A whole 2m?

Well I thought it was funny…

5:30 on the Merida ‘100km’ course a couple of years ago, which worked out about 88km. Started a long way back so spent most of the race overtaking, then chasing people down who turned out not to even be doing the same distance. All good fun at least. Think the ascent on that course is over 2500m?

Had hoped to improve significantly this year with lots of road miles and a much racier bike.

29erconvert
    Free Member

DONE IT in 6 hr08mins but it was only 90km still happy though

disben

Did my first 100km (106km in the end) in 5 hr 50 min back in May – was very enjoyable!

dickie
    Free Member

6hrs 8mins here too for the Dalby 100km – recorded 59 miles on my computer, but I did take an off route detour of about 0.5 miles due to poor signing.
    Recorded 5hrs 35mins riding time.

superfli
    Free Member

6hr 2mins IOW offroad (65miles), but in fairness to Wally, it was last year which was a very pleasant day – I suspect Wally did it this year, in not so pleasant conditions. 2,900m ascent.

Bernaard
    Free Member

Did the honc 100k in 5hrs but there was a fair bit of road.
    Then last week did 74 miles in 6.5 hrs on the SS.
    Depends how you feel on the day

Edric64
    Free Member

About 2hrs 12 mins ,but that was on the road in a team timetrial 😆

drdjpower

5 hours fifty-something at Dalby, and I think I might have followed the same detour as dickie (through fields, just before the 75k feed station).

thesurfbus
    Free Member

I did the first 100km of Kielder last year in just under 6 hours, I was reasonably fit and had done a few 100 mile road rides as training.
    The next 60km were hell.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘100km times please’ is closed to new replies.