Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • 100 days until the Kielder 100
  • Ti29er
    Free Member

It's only a short ride back to the hall of shame.
    The route is sort-of a figure of 8-ish.

forge197
    Free Member

I like the thought of the hall of shame the expectant crowds amazed how fast the front runners got around only to find it's the backmarkers, do we get a special hat to wear so we are identifiable 🙂

Anyway off out on a training ride….. to try and avoid the hall of shame 😉

miketually
    Free Member

The 50 mile checkpoint is easy. Getting to the lunchstop at Newcastleton is okay. Making the final checkpoint is hard (I has 15 minutes to spare last year).

From there it's only 25 mile to the finish, with the light failing alongside your legs. The first 15 or so miles of that was the most deathly-dull of the route last year, and I was alone for most of it.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Sat with my 4 week old daughter nodding off in my arms after the second nappy in an hour thinking "yea, I will be able to squeeze in enough training, won't I?"
    Her trailer arrives before too long and although she might be a little small now she will be able to chip in with some resistance training during the summer so it will be all good 🙂

warton
    Free Member

Sat with my 4 week old daughter nodding off in my arms after the second nappy in an hour thinking "yea, I will be able to squeeze in enough training, won't I?"

lol, sitting here with my 2 week old son, after pulling out of a 90 mile road ride this morning. piling on the timber, worried!

Tracker1972
    Free Member

It's OK warton, we can take pictures of them round with us, not for inspiration but in case we don't make a cut.
    We can show everyone the pictures and say "that's the b4572rd who screwed up my training!" 🙂
    To be honest, don't think I would have needed much of an excuse to pull out of a 90 mile road ride, having to do it on an MTB would suffice 🙂

trusslebabes
    Free Member

I'm getting excited now been training steadily through winter and early spring gradually increasing mileage on longer rides each month. Mixing it up with interval training and doing some longer rides on my own deliberately to help with the mental side of the challenge which everyone who competed last year said was almost harder than the physical side of it.

Looking forward to rolling down the start with 649 others 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘100 days until the Kielder 100’ is closed to new replies.