Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • £100 Bn to spend…..
  • mrwhyte
    Free Member

I do not want to get in to a discussion regards the advantages disadvantages of a nuclear deterrent, but I was wondering what people would spend £100Bn on?

With the recent collapse of key industries up north due to foreign backers, the building of a nuclear power station going to the Chinese… it is time to reinvest money in to flailing industries? to opt for British engineers to design and build our infrastructure? or do we just say that is part of a capitalist system and let these companies collapse, and jobs go abroad?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hookers and booze. And a sausage roll.

creamegg
    Free Member

New Orange Five with Enve wheels, and hookers, coke and booze obvs

jam-bo

dont forget the supercar.

ahwiles
    Free Member

tidal lagoons, modular reactors, a rail network that’s approximately fit for purpose, and cycle infrastructure.

beefheart
    Free Member

A massive gold statue of myself.

edhornby

a REALLY FAST T5 !!!

ok sensible – some of it retained by the defence for conventional weapons, the rest should be invested in renewable energies and Rail transport for the non-london services that are desparate for it ( that utilises the renewable capability )

cranberry
    Free Member

I’d take every member of my family to Bettys

somouk
    Free Member

I’d be investing in a space laser program to shoot down nuclear missiles fired at us.

Then if there is any spare i’m sure some tea and medals could be purchased to celebrate when it worked.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I’d buy up loads of land and then I could allow people to ride bikes anywhere on it.

Then when a local NIMBY tells me I can’t ride there, I can have them ejected from MY land.

Although, the sausage roll sounds good…..

Rubber_Buccaneer

I’d buy STW and lord it over the forum running amok with the ban hammer.

Probably invest the other £99,999,999,999,500.00 in an Audi and buy to let properties 🙂

tthew

tidal lagoons, modular reactors, a rail network that’s approximately fit for purpose, and cycle infrastructure.

ahwiles and myself disagree on the best bearings to run a bike wheel on, but other than that, I like the cut of his jib.

(edit – I came on here expecting that you’d had a spectacularly generous CRC voucher for your birthday OP) 😀

thestabiliser
    Free Member

I’d give to a donkey sanctuary

swanny853

I’d be investing in a space laser program to shoot down nuclear missiles fired at us.

If the aim of disarmament is stability and there being less big weapons kicking around, I’m not sure a massive, probably illegal, one-sided space based weapons system is the way to go….

mrwhyte
    Free Member

I should have expected this response….

PJM1974
    Free Member

An arse-kicking machine, built for politicians who are rubbish on purpose.

I’d like to see Cameron and IDS have first go.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

I’d kill all these YouTube/Instagram/Vine “internet sensations” with a big hammer – then use the money to get a reduced sentence

Dapper Laughs? Whack
    Mr Cian Twomney? Whack
    Zoella? Whack

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’d use it to weather the storm after I re-regulated the banking industry in the UK – wean us off relying on the rest of the world using a few thousand people in London to look after their money, which would devalue the £ from it’s lofty heights and allow for a more balanced, less London-centric economy.

binners

I wouldn’t stop at sausage rolls. Pork pies…. steak bakes… cheese and onion pasties….. PASTRY BASED PRODUCTS FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!

MrNice
    Free Member

I can’t believe you’re talking about buying one sausage roll when you have £100 Bn to spend! What a limited outlook some of you have.

Assuming 80p per Greggs sausage roll and 7.1 Bn people in the world, I would use the money to end world hunger by buying every person alive 17.6 sausage rolls.

I would then spend my Nobel prize money on coke and hookers 8)

lunge

A few things spring to mind.

A time machine to take people back in time and show them how shite the rail system was under British Rail.
    Gin.
    A proper CX bike for everyone to show them how crap they are as commuter bikes.
    Port.
    A grammar school, in a nice area, obviously.
    A few crates of Sadlers Mud City Stout.
    Privatise Jeremey Corbyn
    A good bottle of red, a Nuit St George I think.
    Scotland.

enfht
    Free Member

Invade Scotsland.

tthew

A time machine to take people back in time and show them how shite the rail system was under British Rail.

A time machine won’t be able to travel back to a time before it was invented. Radio 4 science fact.

Leaves more money for port beer and wine, so win anyhow.

sbob
    Free Member

I’d book a half-term holiday.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Why can the time machine not go back?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

100,000,000 cannondale trigger 4’s

aracer
    Free Member

er, cancel cuts to tax credits?

Harry_the_Spider

100,000,000 cannondale trigger 4’s

Don’t forget to factor in 200,000,000 new tires and the WTB Wolverines will kill you before you even get them out of the box*. Apparently.

jekkyl

I’d buy helvellyn and turn it into an uplift mtb centre. Build a quality but cheap hotel at the top with a good bar, a hot swimming pool and a large jacuzzi overlooking the fantastic lake district scenery. In fact not just mtbs but all extreme sports that require height so you could zip line to the bottom, hang glide, parachute or wing suit down, there’d be a toboggan run too. All stw members would get cheap exclusive entry. I’d run charity days for under privileged people to come experience extreme sports for nought.

Harry_the_Spider

*They won’t.

jimdubleyou

Will £100B buy one of these?

convert

Assuming 80p per Greggs sausage roll and 7.1 Bn people in the world, I would use the money to end world hunger by buying every person alive 17.6 sausage rolls.

Making a very rash(er) assumption that there might be pork in a Greggs sausage roll, there are a fair few folk that don’t dig on swine. 1.57 billion muslims, 14 million jews, 400 million vegetarians and a few fussy eaters. That’s a few more for the rest of us. Add a bit of a bulk discount – we must have 25 each surely.

Are there enough pigs in the world – be afraid piggies, be very afraid.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I remember vividly how rubbish BR was.

However, back in 1994 we weren’t paying anything near as much for a season ticket as we are now, so I’m all for renationalising the railways, plus shooting any politician who voted in favour of privatisation back in the 90s.

lunge

However, back in 1994 we weren’t paying anything near as much for a season ticket as we are now

Don’t you worry, I’m sure BR could deliver both extortionate fairs AND 80’s reliability if it was renationalised. Winning.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

#sausagerollenomics

wrecker
    Free Member

I’d buy an Evil uprising with fox suspension, Hope brakes and ENVE wheels. I could afford to buy a new one every day for the rest of my life 😀

Would evil run out of frames though?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Hookers, Coke, a rubber chicken, a supercar, a fridge freezer, a box of cornflakes, a set of pans complete with lids, a BBQ, a jigsaw, a range of bed linen, two tickets for a weekend away in Doncaster, a cuddly toy…..

Awe, didn’t he do well!!

*claps loudly

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

I would buy Anglesey, turn it into Monkeysfeetland. A place where folk can only vote UKip, drive Audi’s and the only shop would be Greggs.
    Staffed by Binners. 😀

scandal42
    Free Member

Change my name to Tony Soprano and start a crew in my local village.

MrNice
    Free Member

Making a very rash(er) assumption that there might be pork in a Greggs sausage roll, there are a fair few folk that don’t dig on swine. 1.57 billion muslims, 14 million jews, 400 million vegetarians and a few fussy eaters.

those who are pig-averse may have one of those cheese-based things

I admit some vegans may starve but I’m not convinced they’ll be a great loss to the world 😈

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘£100 Bn to spend…..’ is closed to new replies.