Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • 10 Under The Ben
  • nouseevents
    Free Member

Are you riding?

45 quid for a solo!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you get for your money? I’ve had a look on the website but it doesn’t tell me.

boxelder

You get a cable car lift up the mountain for dinner at the top, followed by 10+ hours riding one of the best events there is, with some music and japery thrown in. Comes with free rain and/or midges.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9p7n9Hdbok[/video]

nouseevents
    Free Member

Tell you what. Keep the cable car trip. That would reduce the entry fee by about a tenner. If the food’s decent…fine. Looks like a lot of £ to ride trails that you can ride any time of the year for free. Do you get a timed? Mechanical support? Go gels and bars like most of the decent events? Free t-shirt? Sell it to me. I’m struggling to see where the money’s going.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Your money is going nowhere seeing as you obviously have an axe to grind against no fuss events and wont be entering it.

nouseevents
    Free Member

My dear fellow, that doesn’t answer my question. I have no axe.

bruneep

buy one with the £45 you’ve saved

Kit
    Free Member

They inflate the prices to keep moaning **** like you away from the excellent events that No Fuss organise, my dear fellow.

nouseevents
    Free Member

Moaning stars! I am to moan. It’s my hard earned that’s being spent. All I’m seeing is lots of pro No Fuss comments, but nobody answering my question. If it’s that good, I’ll enter it, but PLEASE TELL ME WHAT’S SO GOOD ABOUT IT?????

bruneep

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT’S SO GOOD ABOUT IT?????

You know what, you’re right its shite. Best if you stay away from it.

jordie
    Free Member

if you think it is a bit on the expensive side then don`t enter, but you will never know if it as any good. A free t shirt is that really what you want from a cycle event????

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Spend your money on hilarious t-shirts instead.

Everybody wins.

Stu_N

I refer you to boxelder’s post and the video he’s embedded.

Great event and IMO good value for a very full day of MTB racing.

If that’s not your bag then fine, spend your money on something else.

nouseevents
    Free Member

Jordie, I think you are the first poster who really understands where I’m coming from. I don’t want free tat. Just a decent event where I can see what everyone’s £ is going on.

nouseevents
    Free Member

Boxelder, what’s for dinner?

Stu_N

goat?

blahblah
    Free Member

Went to a local duathlon – cost nothing, marshall at every junction,
    Red cross standby, soup/sandwiches,cakes (all free). 10/10

10under the ben – £45, ride a track that I could ride and time myself any day of the week? 2/10

Caledonian etape – £50, closed roads, free feed stations, given to charity, bag of goodies. 10/10

nouseevents
    Free Member

Do you promise not to poison mine if I turn up? For daring to question the Mighty No Fuss! Who’s that banging at the door………….?

nouseevents
    Free Member

Blahblah, thank you. Someone at last answers my question. So is this the truth? Why did nobody else step up to tell me? Think I’ll take up mountain bike event organising. Seems too many of you have too much money.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

So you’re not coming?

Cool.

andyl46
    Free Member

You pays yer money, you takes your choice. nouseevents, do you know that some people spend thousands of pounds on a bicycle when you can get one in Tescos for less than £100? Rip off Britain eh? etc, yadda yadda…

Interesting forum history for the two anti No Fuss guys on this thread. Oh wait, they have none…

nouseevents
    Free Member

Stuartie. I so wanted to be in your gang. Can nobody speak up and ask a reasonable question? If you want to pay that, carry on. Seems like there are plenty other sheep like you. When you stop asking questions, you lose so much. You people should stand up.

radoggair
    Free Member

Heard a rumour that there’s also a weekend event called T in the Park. Think they charge you £150.For that you get shitty toilets, overpriced food, a probable stabbing and potential weekend of rain….oohh and some people singing that you probably dont like anyway.

may as well buy a CD and listen to it them at home

Stu_N

nouseevents – bye bye.

Don’t let the door clap your arse on your way out.

Diane
    Free Member

I understand what you are saying but these things cost a lot of money to set up. Yes you do get a T shirt. Creating a user name like that just for the post seems very odd.

blahblah
    Free Member

maybe the £45 is optional? It is public trails after all! Just turn up!

nouseevents
    Free Member

Oh no! I have no history! Gutted.

Stu_N

I am waiting for the plug for a similar event in the near future that is “just as good but half the price”.

nouseevents
    Free Member

Think I will just turn up and see what all the “Fuss” is about. I’m so glad I asked about this. from all the protection this event has, it must be good.

nouseevents
    Free Member

Stu N, just wait and see. If there are people out there willing to pay nearly 50 quid, who knows? I am tempted. Location not a problem. Sponsors just a phone call away.

radoggair
    Free Member

o.k. nouseevents,

For your cash you get.

Pasta party night before
    time chipped event
    party after race if you stick around
    Goodies which are gifted out after the event ( helmets, water bottle etc)
    Normally a skillz show by the clan
    Day full of great ( to be decided ) music
    A great course
    fantastic atmosphere
    Free burger at the end ( or pasta )
    A great memory

Sure, its a high price but Etape Caledonia costs way more for a 4 hour ride, closed roads but thats it
    Other events are similiar priced around the country, merida , kielder etc.

Its a choice thing and if you dont fancy it you dont have to enter it but at the end of the day whats £45 nowadays, an XT cassette. It could be classed as a lot of money but then a family for 4 to the cinema costs about the same time you get snacks and all that in

Its up to you

HTH ( and is logical )

andyl46
    Free Member

Actually it is rather good, and the organisers do tend to build trails for the event so you never know if you enter you might like it. Of course, nothing to stop you waiting till the next day and riding the trails. If thats your sort of thing. Personally, that would be like avoiding parking fees at a trail centre, even though the trails were built for mountainbikers by mountainbikers. But that would of course be your shout.

nouseevents
    Free Member

Radoggair, thanks. The rest of you, that wasn’t so hard, was it?

nouseevents
    Free Member

Radoggair, thanks. The rest of you, that wasn’t so hard, was it?

nouseevents
    Free Member

Andyl46, thank you. I am glad to see some people coming out of the woodwork to tell me how it really is.

Waderider
    Free Member

I’m not coming this time. My axe to grind concerns that heli-lift thing they did the other week.

I’m deeply unhappy and I object.

blahblah
    Free Member

£45 x 1000 riders. Wet pasta, ghetto blaster, public trail, Free? burger
    o.k! chipped timing. You do the maths.

nouseevents
    Free Member

By the way, Andy146, why can’t I ride the trails that day? Are they closed?

nouseevents
    Free Member

Waderider, another with a voice. Please tell.

Waderider
    Free Member

I love the planet 😉

nouseevents
    Free Member

Waderider, good for you. Look after Mother Earth and she will look after us. She has given us all the seed bearing plants on Earth to use.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘10 Under The Ben’ is closed to new replies.