Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 1 x 10 Rear mech advice
  • coopersport1
    Free Member

Right I think I’m about to ditch the 9 speed triple set up on the 5, I can’t remember the last time I used the granny and my big ring is smashed from rocks. Also my HT and the wifes bikes are all 10 speed so spares compatibility wise it makes sense.

Looking at an MRP G2 Sl chain device.
    Being and older (’08) Five as well i’m limted in that I can’t run a 34T middle ring and keep the granny as the chain catches the swing arm dropping down.

Ok so I’ve got Middleburn X-Type cranks and if I can ever find any in stock I’ll just change the spider to one of the Middleburn Uno 34T jobs.
    XT/XTR shifter

What rear mech????? Obviously needs to be Short Cage or can I get away with a medium cage? Saint isn’t 10 speed? Are there XT/XTR Short cage mechs out there??

Result will be a full 9speed XTR set up for sale 😉

7hz
    Free Member

Just ordered an upgrade myself, going from 1×9 to 1×10.

Decided in the end on the XTR M985 GS rear mech. This has a new feature of a clutch / ratchet mechanism that prevents the cage swinging forward and thereby de-tensioning the chain, causing the chain to jump off the chainring, chain slap, and other problems. It is supposed to work well, and I am hoping it will relegate my bashring and chain catcher to the spare parts drawer. It’s expensive, but fingers crossed it works well. If it wasn’t for that, I’d just get a medium cage XT derailleur.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘1 x 10 Rear mech advice’ is closed to new replies.