Rob Scullion, rubbermaster for Continental Tyres UK, has just got in touch to tell us that one of their team bikes has been stolen from Widnes. It’s just the latest in a spate of thefts of high profile one-off bikes, following the loss (and eventual return) of Joe Barne’s Orange 322 proto, Transition Bikes test/proto bikes and many others. Where are they all going anyway? Who’s buying blatantly stolen bikes?
Anyway, Rob and the Conti Team would be very grateful if the ST massive could keep their eyes peeled for this bike:
Spec is as follows:
- Orange Alpine 160 frame, custom Continental/Orange graphics kit.
Orange serial 11-34882JCN
Frame number 1109908D
Swingarm number 1102718B
Fox RP23 Kashima
- Marzocchi 55 RC3 Ti (white)
- OE Avid Elixir 5 brakes (white)
- Mavic XM816/EN321 on Continental Rubber Queen 2.2
- Rockshox Reverb dropper post
- Gamut device, Raceface Respond cranks, Shimano SPD
- Nukeproof finishing kit
Posted on: May 24, 2012