• This topic has 15,382 replies, 380 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Caher.
Viewing 40 posts - 14,241 through 14,280 (of 15,383 total)
  • Zwift, my journey, my weight and my fitness.
  • dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Now if those celebs were Nino and Ganna that might be interesting.

zilog6128

Freddie is in STW kit! What’s his login? 😂

robbo1234biking

Anyone want to take on this format for a Tuesday night ride? Just need someone the calculate the time difference and stop people from going until the right time!

zilog6128

Anyone want to take on this format for a Tuesday night ride?

could be a laugh!

This is surprisingly entertaining with the commentary. Some impressive numbers from the slebs. How is Froome’s HR so low?!

robbo1234biking

I think he has a very low max hr anyway.

kelvinshuffle
    Free Member

I love for a televised event they still had the hack-y wait in the pen system used by the TTT and everyone jumped the line

zilog6128

They could’ve done with @Phil56 on the stopwatch 😂

With the amount of exposure Zwift is getting plus the massive increase in use during lockdown, maybe they will start taking the racing as seriously as everyone else does!

robbo1234biking

I love for a televised event they still had the hack-y wait in the pen system used by the TTT and everyone jumped the line

I did the Bologna time trial on Friday and they had a conveyor belt system that released you at your designated slot. You could pedal to warm up no problem. I think 1 rider was released every 10 secs. Worked really well. Why don’t they use this elsewhere?

trail_rat
    Free Member

maybe they will start taking the racing as seriously as everyone else does!

I do feel that folk need to wind their neck in a bit on the seriousness of the racing.

Until we are all using the same device with someway of weight verification-say your race standard static bike has scales built in.

Racing will always be sketchy and tbh I think it’s a good thing zwift have not them selves tried to make it too serious…… It means folk like me can avoid those race events where the organisers take it so seriously they have forgotten what it’s like to ride outside.

Anyway we did our club ride of 70k on Bigfoot hills yesterday morning. Slept in hit woke at 7:10 it with an espresso and was on the bike at 7:28 for a 7.30 start.

First climb in titans was good. In touch with the front runners and a new pr. Volcano was pretty much a pr and was 3rd. .. last epic Kom nearly ended me. There was nothing in the tank and from there it was a grovel to the finish.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

It means folk like me can avoid those race events where the organisers take it so seriously they have forgotten what it’s like to ride outside

There’s plenty of that in the real world too, in fact I think they’re by and large the same people but at the moment they’re cooped up inside. The sort who think “the rules” really are and enforce sock length on club rides.

You’re right though, as an amateur endeavour it’s very open to abuse and there’s little point in zwift taking racing too seriously until there’s a solution for that. It would be nice though if the televised/pro end didn’t look quite so amateur though.

kelvinshuffle
    Free Member

It means folk like me can avoid those race events where the organisers take it so seriously they have forgotten what it’s like to ride outside.

Have you seen the Facebook group “Zwift Transparency” in which is racers in their bib shorts and clattering SPD cleats videoing themselves getting on the scales with and without kettlebells to prove their weight? Some even show a copy of that day’s newspaper to prove the date!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

which is racers in their bib shorts and clattering SPD cleats videoing themselves getting on the scales

Why, why, why would you want to watch this? Drp’s mid ride sausage retrieval is bad enough.

trail_rat
    Free Member

indeed and i find it laughable.

If im going to race im going to go race somewhere where handling and such like come to the fore more than just brute strength …. its essentially the bike equivalent of a smith machine. lift the weight but you dont need the core skills such as if it were a olympic bar lift.

this wednesday in non serious racing

we have moved our local TT onto zwift.

https://www.facebook.com/DeesideMorayFirthCrit/

Wednesday times from 19:25 – tempus fugit out and back. Lotta big names (in scotland) turning up……

I can confirm you wont have to stand in cleats and shorts weighing your self holding todays newspaper…. even if you win – No Zpower though.

zilog6128

You’re right though, as an amateur endeavour it’s very open to abuse and there’s little point in zwift taking racing too seriously until there’s a solution for that. It would be nice though if the televised/pro end didn’t look quite so amateur though.

yeah, by “taking it more seriously” I really just mean “make it less shit/hacky” 😂 i.e. do away with the need for ZP by providing that functionality built into Zwift, just make everything a bit slicker/more pro looking for people who want to put on race series or just one-off events like the one yesterday.

I’m not even really bothered by people who feel the need to cheat tbh (because I’m not & never will be at the sharp end 😃) as for me Zwift racing is more about challenging myself than other people.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Well the ZHR turned out a lot better than expected given at 17.20 I was debating taking some paracetamol and going to bed. Good to see weeksy and Ivan in there.

I think I’m about 2W from tipping into A now though so I imagine my racing success is about to take a massive knock.

weeksy

I was on my 2nd ride of the day having done 40km this morning outside.. It went really really badly !!!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

We all have those ones!

I remember once getting off my bike at the top of a hill and just collapsing in a heap on the floor trying to shovel in the few snacks I had in the hope of getting me back to the car

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I wasn’t best pleased to find it was a draft-free TT, especially after closing the gap to the guys who went off like rockets only to not get a rest in the nonexistent slipstream!

I don’t think I was the only one, there were def some others finding out the hard way.

Pretty pleased with the result though, 7th in cat and 33rd overall – if I’d had an actual TT bike then who knows, I might even have got 32nd.

You were flying btw dangeourbrian.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I don’t think I was the only one, there were def some others finding out the hard way.

Nope you weren’t the only one!

robbo1234biking

I am thinking of doing a ITT tomoz evening.

Got a choice of 3:

Newbury Velo at 19:00 (this is prob the preferred one)
    XRS at 19:10
    Deeside Thistle at 19:25

None fit great with bed time for the little guy though. Might have to let him stay up a bit late!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I would join you but Wednesday night is my night off.

Does remind me though, are we TTTing on Thursday? I’m looking out of the window trying to resist the temptation to book something in if the real world

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Thursdays have been become one of my real world ride days so I’m not likely to be TTTing if one does get posted.

I’ve just signed up for the HERD Racing points race for tomorrow night though, I’ve not done one before so it should be pretty interesting to see how it pans out.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

pretty inbreeding

No matter how hard you try you’re not going to tempt me to race on a Wednesday. Even if your sister has a mytee puurty fayce

trail_rat
    Free Member

Deeside thistle in B cat are giving you times around 7.40 now if that helps.

its a scratch race so CAT doesnt matter.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Don’t know what you mean…

I swear my predictive text waits a few seconds and then changes what I wrote!

Garry_Lager

Deeside thistle in B cat are giving you times around 7.40 now if that helps.

its a scratch race so CAT doesnt matter.

Going to try and get on this – the TTT goes over the epicKOM climb on thurs, did it last night on a gp ride and I’m just going to be a portly handbrake for my team, so need to do something else.

Changed to my cross bike on the turbo and it seemed good on the Alpe at the weekend, might eek out a couple more Watts. TT bike was OK but giving me a few aches and pains I think.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

the TTT goes over the epicKOM climb on thurs

That sounds mean

savoyad

The TTT entry is in. 6.30pm on Thursday. It’s 3 laps (27km) of the Hilly Route Reverse in Watopia This isn’t actually as hilly as it sounds, and (don’t listen to Garry!) it definitely doesn’t go over the epic KOM. It does go up the original non epic “Watopia KOM” but backwards, which is up the long drag we’ve ridden a few times together now (at 30km/h) and then a fast descent down the steeper side. The rest is just lumpy.

Enter here: https://www.zwift.com/events/view/868219 – category A this week
    Tag your rider name with (STW) in zwiftpower settings.

I’ll be back with a start time on Weds.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Zwift kom from the bridge side ?

phil56

Thanks Savoyad – I’ve entered

Garry_Lager

Sry, my watopia geography is a bit vague. Thought it was backwards over the epicKOM.

zilog6128

The TTT entry is in.

nice one! I’m in. Don’t mind the original KOM, just a lump in the road really!!

savoyad

That’s the one trail_rat. No probs Garry.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

it definitely doesn’t go over the epic KOM.

That sounds better, really don’t think I’d have fancied that as a TTT.

I’m signed on.

trail_rat
    Free Member

I’ll watch the start times . I’m riding late tonight and tomorrow so should be able to do jnrs bed tonight and tomorrow and may get out for early thursday but will let you know Thursday morning if I’m still needed.

ITT Tomorrow might kill me haha

tomlevell

Sorry rolling it back a bit.
    TPbiker (correct me if I’m wrong) you’re a TT rider typically. If you want to be competitive in zwift bunch racing on the flatter and short hill routes you need to develop your short power and recovery from efforts which doesn’t equate with TT riding.
    I’m competitive in C as I can put the power out to stay with groups and recover. When feeling good I can dictate the effort in the front C groups if needed to try and shake people out. I can still recover for a decent sprint, not always mind and I currently have a habit of starting too early.
    I am bothered about people cheating to keep under cat limits but it doesn’t really affect the racing as I can beat them and it adds a dynamic to try and beat them as they are the favourites. They also maybe legit. Worst is out of cat riders who are over the limits tearing groups apart or bringing dropped riders back. That’s pretty annoying.

A points category system would be nice where you win a bunch get promoted and then maybe get relegated again later.

zilog6128

just read this ZI article about Zwift potentially hosting some kind of virtual TdF event next month.

https://zwiftinsider.com/virtual-tdf/

exciting stuff! potentially some new routes (STW meet-ups with sprints on the Champs-Élysées would be AWESOME 😃), maybe even some long-awaited improvements to racing/spectating infrastructure.

weeksy

You’d be struggling to not back Rohan Dennis then ! He’s an animal on Zwift as we’ve seen. 1 hour efforts, he’s very very impressive !

trail_rat
    Free Member

Ha yeah saw an arguement in the comments of a Rohan dennis based zwift article where the fanbois were saying how the zwift pros would nail him on account of them being able to kick harder after a long effort like that.

Someone replied with the numbers off the zwift pros in question with the sign off that based on the numbers they wouldn’t even be able to see Rohan come the finish….

Top ranked zwift pro pushing 5.1for 20minutes Vs Dennis’s 5.9 for an hour. Monster !

nixie

Did anyone do the Deeside crit I’m the end? Pretty sure I saw at least one STW in the results.

I was well rested for this. Not done any zwift since Monday week as feeling rough. Only rides have been low intensity. Been ages since a iTT or FTP test as well. I pushed my zwift FTP up to 345W (from 332W) with a 4.7wkg AVG 😀. Very happy with that. With a few TTs I may just be able to sneak A+ soon.

Viewing 40 posts - 14,241 through 14,280 (of 15,383 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.