• This topic has 15,382 replies, 380 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Caher.
Viewing 40 posts - 14,161 through 14,200 (of 15,383 total)
  • Zwift, my journey, my weight and my fitness.
  • weeksy

I was feeling a bit low today, but as my leg didn’t feel bad I jumped on the 3:45 Crit.

https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=843981

It went ok. Sat in the lead group until lap 6 and I saw it was going to split apart, so i held my power instead of kicking for the lead bunch, which I think was the right plan as I don’t think I’d have hung in.
    That went ok too and we had a decent battle for the minor placings. All in all, fairly happy

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Glad you’re not too badly damaged!

trail_rat
    Free Member

I’m in assuming still needed. Terry Davidson (stw)

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

As I’ve not seen it mentioned above were on for 4.5 min delay tomorrow folks so another short one.

zilog6128

I’m in assuming still needed. Terry Davidson (stw)

👍 Make sure you get on the discord channel if not on already!

weeksy

Who’s in for tonight then ? I’m still waiting to see if an outside ride is happening.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I’m in tonight. I think – feeling a bit naff at the moment but sure a few hours of coffee drinking will sort it out

zilog6128

Who’s in for tonight then ? I’m still waiting to see if an outside ride is happening.

I’m in! Cold (and maybe rain!) outside today anyway!!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Im on discord not had much success with it…..

What’s the room //group I’m looking for

zilog6128

@trail_rat You need an invite to join, I’ve just realised that anyone already in the group can invite others so this link should work: https://discord.gg/p8bzNC

Try to get it sorted if you can, really helpful for co-ordinating the start, plus we will need some way of telling you to slow down & wait for us 😂

ljarch
    Free Member

If there’s room I’d been keen to join the TTT fun..if there’s no space no worries though.

trail_rat
    Free Member

zilog – that worked im in.

Ive got a pass for jnrs bed time as ive done bed the last few nights so should be good

Will fire up the machine at lunch and be sure its updated – elected to go out on the road sunday so zwifts not been fired up since wednesday last week.

zilog6128

@ljarch not sure where to look to see how many team members we have so far. Out of the STWers I follow on Zwift, I can only see 4 (including me) signed up, but there might be others who I’m not following. The max is 8 so there may well be spaces! Hopefully @savoyad can help, he manages the team via WTRL

EDIT: just seen @trail_rat on the big, unsorted list so that makes at least 5… potentially up to 3 places left

savoyad

Yes, there’s still room in the team for tonight. There are 6 of us on the start sheet so far (dangeourbrain, phil56, tiger6791, me, trail_rat, zilog6128).

@ljarch
    – sign up to cat A here: https://www.zwift.com/events/view/847415 (cat A whatever your normal cat, the TTT doesn’t use the categories like normal, they are more like start pens)

then go to zwiftpower.com — settings and add (STW) to the end of your Rider Name (not on zwift, just zwiftpower).

then join the discord server: https://discord.gg/PGyyvm

@weeksy
    how are things going for you? Are you planning to ride with us this evening?

And I think @IvanDobski was pondering joining us over in the meetups thread as well.

I’ll post some actual concrete arrangements (with patronising precision probably) later rather than tangling them up in this mess.

zilog6128

Just to add: for the TTT (and STW meet-ups in general) change to the stripy bee jersey if you haven’t already, looks cool as a swarm & helps ID other team members (even though there were at least 2 other teams last time wearing the same tops which did get confusing 😂)

Also personally I find it really helpful for telling individual STWers apart if everyone picks a unique hairstyle/colour/hat etc as this is the easiest way to differentiate riders!

kelvinshuffle
    Free Member

Good luck for tonight lads, looks like you’ve got a decent line-up sorted and the course should work well for you

savoyad

Thanks Kelvin. Same to you (and to Tom and nixie and garry and the other people I’m overlooking who ride for various other teams!).

weeksy

Savo, I’m good physically now mate.. I was/am waiting for a mate to let me know if we’re riding, but i’m thinking that’s unlikely. If that’s the case, then yeah, i’ll be with you 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

Also personally I find it really helpful for telling individual STWers apart if everyone picks a unique hairstyle/colour/hat etc as this is the easiest way to differentiate riders!

ginger beard and pink socks.

ljarch
    Free Member

Thanks Savoyad entered stw added will get discord sorted shortly

savoyad

OK. We have – for the first time ever – a full house of 8 riders on the start sheet for tonight, all correctly tagged and entered. Here’s the plan:

– Dress as bumblebees. Ride a road bike. Try to look distinctive.
    – Comms will be in the STW Voice channel on discord. I think everyone has access to that. Push to talk is better, less panting etc.
    – Join the event before 6.30pm. We’re in category A this week, which starts on the dot. Late joining doesn’t work.
    – Stop pedalling just before it says “go” at 6.30, so you don’t roll over the line before our start time. Don’t “go” when it says “go”. Sit there and wait until our start time, which is…
    – … +4.5 minutes this week, so we’re off at 18:34:30. We will confirm who on the line but someone will do the timer and count us down to start together.

I think that’s it. The eight people are:

phil56
    trail_rat
    dangeourbrain
    tiger6791
    weeksy
    ljarch
    savoyad
    zilog6128

See you in the pen.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Silly q’s ahoy

Are we aiming for a line of conkers or a blob and how many we need to cross the line

Tiger6791

Right sorry chaps but I’m withdrawing my hat.

Been out today and my legs are heavy so I’ll just hold you back

zilog6128

@trail_rat conkers… WAY more efficient! (there was a link to an article explaining how it works in the game a while back.) The big boys can take turns on the front & everyone else will try to hang on at the back 😂 Only need 4 over the line but (so far) we’ve been waiting/regrouping for the slower riders rather than intentionally dropping them as it’s a team effort!! (Obviously if anyone is happy to be dropped or wants to that’s fine, they can make it known, plenty of scope for it with a full team!)

One problem we’ve had so far is a bit of confusion when overtaking or being overtaken by other teams (esp. if they’re wearing the same or similar jerseys). Basically if we’re being overtaken the idea is to ease off a bit to let the other team get clear. Similarly when overtaking you dig a little deeper to get through them quicker. But everyone in the team needs to do the same otherwise we’ll very quickly get strung out which is no good! So communication via discord is vital.

phil56

We aim for a line, but that rarely works – it’s like herding cats!

It’s the first four across the line – but we’ve never had the luxury of considering that before.

Also we’re very much on the side of trying to keep everyone together (unless someone really has a big problem) rather than shelling people off the back

ljarch
    Free Member

Unfortunately I’m also having to bow out crossed wires with the better half have a good one!

weeksy

I’m in…. not sure what i’ve got !

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Cheers for this evening folks

weeksy

Bleurgh. That was ok, then found a wall after the final kick. The chase back after escalator finished me off.

zilog6128

Yeah really hate that escalator. Battered myself up it so as not to lose the guys in front! Good ride that, well done all, felt fast!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Cheers gents , that was tough but enjoyable.

I wondered if everyone knew about that last kicker ….it’s not pleasent if you have buried your self along the river.

My discord is really quiet. Through the phone or when I connected it to my speaker really broken up. Just watched the side bar in the end

phil56

Thanks everyone – enjoyed that, good effort

zilog6128

Sound quality on discord has always been a bit crap! Must be a better option out there.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

We used to use team speak or raid call back in the day.

Or Skype worked well if there weren’t too many of us

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Provisionally 140 of 189 in Frappe which I don’t think I’d too bad given we only just met the minimum requirement for that category.

zilog6128

@dangeourbrain yes considering you can have 3 As in that cat & we had none 😂

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Well there’s one in my name…

trail_rat
    Free Member

Given we largely looked like the number balls inside the Camelot lottery machine most of the way round that’s not bad 🙂

weeksy

Apart from me and Sav who were strung out nicely at the back. We did our job, wft were you lot doing

*Kidding

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Looks like 159 of 224 on the final standings.

By heck some of those teams were quick!

Viewing 40 posts - 14,161 through 14,200 (of 15,383 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.