• This topic has 15,382 replies, 380 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Caher.
Viewing 40 posts - 11,681 through 11,720 (of 15,383 total)
  • Zwift, my journey, my weight and my fitness.
  • weeksy

LOL it’s 50% of the reason i Zwift race…. fitness being the other 50% of course.

My fall from grace saddens me lots.

weeksy

Another fun and slightly silly race.

https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=229260

Silver after sort out, but was 9th before it on Zwiftpower with the winner being an A rider at over 4w/kg.

On Zwift companion I show as 16th. Which as I say is a bit dsft

Went out well and was in the usual lead group, big big group. About 6km in I could see a split coming but embraced it and let it split as I wanted to save a bit for the hill at Titans Grove. So I jumped with the group catching us, so did all my group of 4.
    As we hit Titans I tried, I really did. Honest. I averaged 178 bpm up it and set PR in lead in to it, the climb itself and the way down after. But it’s not enough. I ended up in a group of 5 to the line, but a sustained silly HR meant I had no sprint.

crosshair
    Free Member

Nice one well done. Some strong segments in there 👍🏻

trail_rat
    Free Member

Well I said I wasn’t a crit racer and I’m still not.

Rode the 19:25 dtcc crit on the London classique Held the pack I was with for whole event then they **** off with about 300m to go doing 7-10w/kg I could barely muster 5 by that point

15th of 22 in the b’s or 30 out of 97 total.

Averaged 3.6w/kg which was much better than j was going on yesterday’s TT.

That little 5% grade on every lap is killer.

weeksy

Nice work there!

dirtyrider
    Free Member

i don’t mind that hill in Titans, just the right length to really hit it hard without blowing

good results all round!

classique – yer last time i did that i was dead on my arse, was essentially full gas last km, no idea where you pull a sprint from at that point

trail_rat
    Free Member

I think If I wanted to go for it id have to get up the 5% then go full gas for the long game.

I can hold a midling power (4-450watt for 2km) output into the wind for quite some time but I cannot hit the big numbers for short periods come sprint time.

I do like the climb up in titans as it’s not too steep like say zwift Kom or the climb to the mast.

weeksy

Any love for the 17:05 today then ?

5 laps of the volcano CCW. One of them courses that isn’t 100% suited to my profile, but it’s far from terrible and looks like being a massive field, so will be an entertaining one at the very least.

minimind
    Free Member

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

35-49 riders per category signed up for that 1705 now, but I really shouldn’t sign up, been feeling under the weather since last weekend with minor sore throat and physical fatigue, as today has progressed I’m now feeling a bit “chesty.” Gentle turbo spins might the fullest extent of cycling I do over the coming days. 🙁

minimind
    Free Member

trail_rat
    Free Member

Are you me nobody.

I’ve decided a couple of days off. .
    Chest is sore and I can feel it working its way down in so in a scorching hot bath instead of riding my bike.

Coupled I guess with after that session last night I didn’t sleep till 12:40am and was up again at 4.30 with the little one.

4 hours on MTB on sat so don’t want to be crock for that so zwift loses out.

Setting the wife up with zwift trial on Saturday ….which is good as If she likes it I’ll get justification to insulate and plyline the pain cave.

weeksy

come on boys

J-R

You inspired me to give it a go , and it was painful, but fun.

weeksy

Where did you finish mate?

I’m half happy, half angry and half meh.

It went wrong early on as the C/D pen goes off about 80m behind A/B. So when you meet the As are gone. Boom.

So settled in with the easy B and fast C group and fast they were too! Decent lap times. By lap 3 I’m finding it hard. As we climb to the line and cross it I lost a wheel or 2, then another few meters and the guy ahead of me kicks, I’m then floundering. I wallop the power to close, but it’s too late, the group went. Damn! I knew for sure they’d be the top of the legitimate C’s. Into lap 4 and the group behind me and 4 other are about 30s down. They slowly close with some B who must have been asleep for 3 laps now sticking in 4 w/kg. Dragging another 5-6 riders with him.
    Last lap they’re 15s behind us and we’re 45s behind group in front. I power on 3-4 times to maintain the gap behind but the others are not doing enough and as we hit the climb for the line they catch us and with momentum fly past, I latch on to hold but on the push for the line I’m 5th out of our group of 9. Meh.

8th overall and the group 1 min ahead were the main C’s as predicted.
    Power was decent at 260w. But overall I just need a day or 2 rest.

mossimus
    Free Member

KISS race this morning, a lap of Watopia Waistband, pretty big field. As usual a rapid start, couldn’t hang onto the fast gang so settled in with some faster C and slower B riders. As the kicks came we slowly lost more from the group, on the kick into the volcano I nearly lost contact but managed to power back to the group on the flat, by this time we are down to 9. The sprint wound up with .3m to go, don’t have much of a sprint at the best of times, dropped 2 seconds to top 3 in the sprint but came home 4/9 of the group. Turned out 1 C was up the road with the fast B riders, after ZP did it’s stuff ended up in Bronze for a relatively low 241W.

Legs were tired today, think I am on 33 consecutive days of cycling or running, couple of easy days/rest coming up.

weeksy

33 days, you’re worse than me!!!!

tomlevell

Confirmation that 8 minute climbs in a Zwift race is too much for me. 2 laps of whole lotta lava up the volcano. Couldn’t hold onto groups over it both time. Nearly held the people I wanted to but lost them on the flat at the top as couldn’t raise myself anymore. Basically a TT from there with a small group forming the next lap but couldn’t stay with it.
    Too many Bs sandbagging in C pulling people away too. 16th on Zwift but 9 got binned!
    Not that interesting race either due to not being able to do anything other than try to hang on.
    Still leading the overall though.
    https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=229283

Hoping for something like the standard Watopia hilly circuit up the KOM next week.

J-R

Weeksy, I got 12th in the Bs. As usual the race was mad at the start and after the fast ones had pulled away it was all I could do to cling on to the group I was with. Luckily it was quite a big group so I could sit in the slipstream and save myself for holding onto them on climbs.

When the final lap came around it was all I could do to stay with the group with nothing much left for a final sprint with the top 10 getting a few seconds ahead of me.

Looking at the zwiftpower w/kg for people above me I think my sprint is what really lets me down, but I felt so drained by the end I had nothing left to give.

https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=231267

crosshair
    Free Member

Binned a sweetspot workout scheduled for tonight so may race TFC @7pm tomorrow instead. It’s London Loop so likely to get shelled up Box Hill but being a split start I might get lucky.

winston
    Free Member

No big deal but I’m not seeing the route achievement badges being added to my profile. i.e I did Sand and Sequoia last night(one of the marked achievement routes) but not showing up as a badge. As you get an extra 200 or so XP pointsfor these and Im a newbie it would be useful to help me get to the levels which unlock the mountains quicker!

I’m using IOS btw

tomlevell

You have to do the official route from the choice on the menu and not just navigate it yourself.
    If you did you actually finish it correctly over whatever the actual finish line for the route is.

https://zwiftinsider.com/route-achievement-badges/

trail_rat
    Free Member

I got my badge for doing London classique .

But didn’t see my xp increase. Just assumed that didn’t happen for route badges

dirtyrider
    Free Member

don’t take your eyes off the race

12:20 3R LaGuardia Loop Reverse Flat Race – 8 Lap

what the hell was i doing? to start with i almost missed the jump at the start as i was messing about with headphones, then i missed the split when i was mid/back of the group, then when there was 5 of us left for a few laps i was trying to work out where i was going to make an attack on the last lap as we were sat about 250w and i thought i could break us up with a sustained attack, but come the last lap i glanced at the scoreboard and notice a lone B 30 seconds up the road, it keeps coming down, then i noticed I’ve lost 3 up the road!! bollocks, 340w for the last 3 minutes reels 2 of the 3 back

must concentrate more, heads all over this week, demotivated

5/15 in B – some daft numbers for the ones up the road

https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=230087

nixie

@tomlevell I was in that Dirt race as well, pace was pretty high. Got dumped out on my own half way up the first climb then had to TT till the B pack caught me in the volcano. Second climb I just sat in with the B leaders. Very demoralising but I didn’t feel right so trying not to let it get to me. Seem to be going backwards at the moment.

winston
    Free Member

@tomlevell

I selected the official route (i.e the turns are highlighted) and definitely finished it as did an extra k to spin down. Its happened both times I have attempted a achivement route now which is 700xp points! I’m obvioulsy doing something wrong but just can’t work out what. I’m getting other badges for speed, drafting etc and the normal 20xp per km

dirtyrider
    Free Member

i think you have to log in and log out

dknwhy

6th in class C for the London Hilly one today.

https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=230090

Fast start as per usual. Settled into the second group but then got dropped. Got picked up by the third group and then rode until Box Hill. Lost a couple of places on the first half but then climbed at a steady tempo for the second half and coasted the downhill.

Put an effort in for the last ramp before the finish and then it came down to a sprint for the line…

Early days of Zwift racing for me but I’m enjoying it!

tomlevell

@nixie

You weren’t in my race ;0)
    You were way ahead and no just the 2minute head start.

I didn’t feel brilliant but overall power was up with the first week but no zip to do anything but then I didn’t get to rest on the downhill in a group as I was trying to stay ahead of a IRL friend too :0)

weeksy

With the weather looking like it is, we should ahve a STW B and C event at the weekend.

BadlyWiredDog

I selected the official route (i.e the turns are highlighted) and definitely finished it as did an extra k to spin down. Its happened both times I have attempted a achivement route now which is 700xp points! I’m obvioulsy doing something wrong but just can’t work out what. I’m getting other badges for speed, drafting etc and the normal 20xp per km

I just pottered around Three Sisters or whatever it is at a mellow pace listening to podcasts and feeling thankful I wasn’t outside getting soaked. Instant extra 950 wotnot points towards new virtual socks or whatever, deep joy. No logging in or out here. I’d drop a line to Zwift support. The one time I’ve used them, they were very good. I wouldn’t worry though, none of the level-up swag is remotely worth having unless you lust after really disgustingly garish virtual kit.

weeksy

i’m on level 42 i think, i stopped caring about points a long long time ago 🙂

8:25am for the flat race tomorrow ?

I may then do the 2 hour Sportive after it.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Just done Richmond Hilly route using Emily’s Short Mix ERG workout, except I was using something like ~130W for my FTP, rather than 275W set a week ago… Felt stupidly hard for what is was, well and truly in the land of lurgy, legs of lead when they should feel fresh given how little I’ve done in the past week. :/

No issues getting my lap completion achievement using Android mobile Zwift app.

mossimus
    Free Member

I’ve signed up for the WKG winter series, round 1 is tomorrow, a TT on the Bologna course. Anyone else doing the series?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Tbh I only want to level up as I’m 11.5 and I want 12 so I don’t have to play random darts if I want to ride alpe du zwift.

Spent a couple hours this afternoon having a clear out in the garage and making it a nicer and less dusty place to zwift. putting the telly on the wall. It’s no longer precariously balanced on 4 winter tires and a box of paslode nails.

The rest of the stuff in the garage has been tidied and there’s actually more than half a garage that’s entirely empty.

Poopscoop

Quick question guys!

Can you know choose any map to just “free ride” on or just the 2 on rotation?

If boot…. Does that app still work that lets you ride any map you like?

Thanks for the help guys.

winston
    Free Member

@BadlyWiredDog

lol I couldn’t give a toss about the neon socks or whatever but I want to ride the locked down routes!

I’ll have one more go tonight and if it doesn’t work I’ll ‘reach out’ as they say.

Poopscoop

Sorry guys, found my own answer. The program is on Zwift hacks! Doh.

J-R

Weeksy, at the last minute I decided to give the 8.25 a go and spotted you nearby a few times.

https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=230497

Ouch – a distant 8/13 in B. I think I’ll avoid flat races in future, they are clearly not my thing.

I clung onto the front group until about 4km out then just could not stay at FTP and above any longer, so I lost touch with them. Give me a hilly race any day!

weeksy

I went pop earlier than you, about 7.5km out. I knew before the race even started it was a disaster in waiting, legs felt rubbish on the warm up. Nothing in them at all.

First 5km was ok, the next 3-4km seemed to take forever, then I was hanging on. After I got spat out I was looking behind. 6km to go and 1min 20 ahead of group, but the lead rider was averaging 5.5w/kg. I mean seriously, averaging it. Ridiculous. He was racing as a B.

Him and his group caught me and 2 others I’d pulled back to me, 900m out. They caught and went. Meh, I was dead by then and couldn’t get after or even hold them. So I rolled to the line.

6th in C. If we could have held them off, we’d have got 2nd.

Viewing 40 posts - 11,681 through 11,720 (of 15,383 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.