• This topic has 15,382 replies, 380 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Caher.
Viewing 40 posts - 641 through 680 (of 15,383 total)
  • Zwift, my journey, my weight and my fitness.
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

would be a brave man who buys an ex-demo Neo!!

My initial thought too! Happy to pay a few quid more and have a new (hopefully 2017) one.

Don’t get me wrong, I can see the attraction, but its still a lot of money for an indoor trainer.

It is quite a lot of cash…. but when you have a look out there for something that does the job as well as the Neo you’re looking at a lot more cash (as in at least 3 or 4 times as much.) Other turbos in the same price bracket (Kickr, Hammer, the Elite thing) are not comparable offerings. If that’s something you care about then the Neo is actually quite the bargain. Assuming you get one that works 🙂

Don’t get me wrong, I can see the attraction, but its still a lot of money for an indoor trainer. Could buy left side PM for 2 bikes with change left over for that much.

I already have 4 dual sided and one single sided PM, I don’t actually need any more 😉

blader1611
    Free Member

When is zwift rolling out to ios? Been waiting for so long now with very few updates as to when.

gazhurst
    Free Member

I’m confused by it though, the map is on London today but the route for that ride says “Watopia Flat Route”??

Errrrrr I have no idea….

allfankledup

Will be on the PAC Social ride hopefully – done the ZZRC Sub2 rider twice this week – it’s been a good intro to Zwift – love the use of team speak

gazhurst
    Free Member

Why can’t I see the PAC Social ride on the Events page?

allfankledup

Can see it on the mobile app…

crosshair
    Free Member

Nath, the course schedule changes every month so it often takes the event organisers a while to respond to the changes as Zwift don’t release the monthly schedule until a couple of days before the end of the month for some unknown reason.

nathb
    Free Member

Thanks @crosshair – was just checking I didn’t need to edit the settings file 🙂

Aiming for the PAC still I think, I want/need a light session.

nathb
    Free Member

Missed both by minutes 😆

I’m on their at the moment doing a lazy cycle if anyone wants to join.

crosshair
    Free Member

Just finished 90mins Z1. I was pretty disciplined until the last minute when I had a friendly sprint 😉

gazhurst
    Free Member

Did the PAC social ride but I got a bit carried away. I sat within 35m of the leader until bottom of Box Hill when I thought I’d go for it and ‘wait’ at the top. I soft pedaled for a while but got a bit bored waiting for the leader and the group to catch back up so I just decided to ride to the end…

zilog6128

Did my first 1 hr+ race – I’m definitely Cat D!! Averaged 2.3 w/kg. Could have gone slightly harder, but not much. Pleased with myself though – managed to race tactically and draft almost the whole way round. Had a good fight with 2 guys the whole race who I noticed weren’t drafting as well & beat them in the sprint finish despite them both averaging more than me for the race!

crosshair
    Free Member

Great live streaming of KISS races by Vision Cycling. The ‘Zwift Onboard’ feature is very cool 🙂

nathb
    Free Member

crosshair –
    Great live streaming of KISS races by Vision Cycling. The ‘Zwift Onboard’ feature is very cool

https://youtu.be/9QT3pWCL60g

Interesting, gutted he didn’t do it last night. 😈

The onboard feature, is that for iOS users?

crosshair
    Free Member

Nope, I don’t know how they do it. When Jesper Anker from Cyclinghub on YouTube does it, he does it via Skype for the same effect.
    Vision and KISS are looking for more regularl-racing volunteers I think.

weeksy

2.3 is a solid D Zilog, good work mate. Give it a few weeks and you’ll be beating me in C.

zilog6128

Thanks, definitely addicted now! So much more engaging than a normal turbo session, the time just flies by!

dc2.0

My first race tonight as well – KISS. Another Cat D here, but with >125 miles on Zwift this week I’m hoping I’ll come out of this winter fitter than I have been for years!

As an, ahem, heavier bloke I find drafting quite hard to finesse. When crossing a gap I’m finding it hard to judge power to catch but then fall in behind the rider in front, rather than carry on past them. Also, when we go downhill I seem to carry a lot more momentum than some of the other riders so again need to rein it in a bit.

More practice required

mrblobby
    Free Member

No, but Amazon are still out of stock so I’m not expecting it yet!

The amazon random price generator has put it back up to 1057.90 today. I’m getting increasingly impatient! 🙂

nathb
    Free Member

mrblobby
    No, but Amazon are still out of stock so I’m not expecting it yet!
    The amazon random price generator has put it back up to 1057.90 today. I’m getting increasingly impatient!

The more folk that click into it, the higher the price goes along with scanning the market place. If it goes out of stock they drop the price to get interest/preorders = minimal warehouse time. The amazon model is incredible, they win if you purchase from them and they win if you don’t. There’s also flubit which can give you up to 15% discount on items from amazon.

No Zwifting this weekend, but planning on doing a Zwift race at some point next week. What are folk thinking of entering?

wolfenstein
    Free Member

just when all gears/gadget and new shiny road bike has arrived for zwift world, I caught a nasty virus manflu 😡 😡 😡

caspian
    Free Member

No Zwifting this weekend, but planning on doing a Zwift race at some point next week. What are folk thinking of entering?

I’ll try another KISS 8pm weekday race next week. First one was yesterday and I went for CAT B which was a huge mistake! Second from last!

I am another recent convert 90% thanks to this thread.

crosshair
    Free Member

Guys, if you have any spare time today, jump on Zwift, join ANY event, ride to the end of the pier, log out, log in again and go ride for as many miles as you can (or stay in the event if it’s just starting).

Trek have challenged Zwifters to ride 250,000 miles today for World Bike Relief in which case they will stump up £40,000 of donation.

Last year, the community did the same with a 125,000 mile challenge so Trek have raised the stakes!

Lots of folks doing crazy stuff for it, Jesper Anker from Cyclinghub is doing a 12hour session streamed live. Drop into YouTube chat to give him some banter.

[video]https://youtu.be/vJjrX7Hk5tk[/video]

mrblobby
    Free Member

Crosshair, thanks, might give that a go as my first Zwift session if I don’t get to ride outside. Best of luck if racing Hillingdon today, get stuck in and enjoy 🙂

wilburt
    Free Member

I”‘m going to upgrade my Zwift station this morning with a remote variable switch for the fan I mounted on the ceiling last week. Presently it’s too cold to start with it on but when Inge get going I have to text someone in the house to come and turn it on for me!
    Anyone getting set up should not under estimate the value of a fan even in the cold weather and especially if your e sort that runs a bit hot (like me).

Then one of he WBR rides and some nice music feels like a nice way to amble through the afternoon.

crosshair
    Free Member

I dread to think how fast you’ll be on Zwift Mrblobby 😀 Although your aeroness will no doubt get underestimated so perhaps other folk will get a chance 😉

Thanks! I can’t wait to get out there- it’s all the other stuff I’m nervous about.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Crosshair, it’s been lots of slow and steady here so far this winter but a bit of a leg tester last night was most encouraging. Will be stepping it up a bit over the next couple of months so a Zwift race or two would fit in nicely.

Nice to see Tim, a rider from my local club, bossing the KISS time trial league 🙂 I race against him a fair bit and he’s rather rapid in real life too!

Oh and another local club rider, Rachael, is one of the final few in line for a spot on a pro team via the Zwift Academy and one of the top testers in the UK. She’s a big Zwifter now and bloody quick in real life also.

I’m on the PAC social for WBR, then I think I’ll try one of the other rides later too. I’ve been off riding for a few months since we had mini 10, and zwift is helping to get me riding without upsetting Mrs 10 too much!

NZCol

This thread has inspired me to lash out on some kit and I will be Zwift if soon. Small kids means time is limited but this will help

pahoehoe
    Free Member

Right thanks entirely to this thread and frustrations with the route to work being a slippery dark mess at this time of year I’m all setup.

Finished the pahoehoe conversion to 700c, unboxed the tacx 2240, mounted up, powered up, calibrated, connected via zwift iOS app to MacBook 2013 – seamless. No ant dongles needed. No dramas, no dropouts so far.

Mrs pahoehoe is doing a workout first (burning baby weight) then I’m up for a little leg stretch.

First impression – bloody brilliant. total cost £200 trainer. £50 “new” 700c wheels. £10 trainer tyre. Zwift sub.

nathb
    Free Member

Sorry if this is late, but if you sign up to trial of Strava premium you get until the end of year free on Zwift.

CrispyCSW

pahoehoe, I’ve just bought the Tacx 2240 and have a similar setup (6 month old Macbook Air and Zwift App on iPhone) and it’s not picking up as a controllable trainer. It does pickup the trainer as a “Speed Sensor & Classic Trainer” and “Cadence sensor”. I was assuming I would need to get an ANT+ Dongle to control the Tacx but it sounds like that’s not the case going by your set up.

Were you using Zwift previously with a “dumb” trainer and 3rd party sensors? I’m wondering if it’s due to it still picking up my Speed & Cadence sensor.

winrya
    Free Member

I have the 2240 and it’s brilliant. However for it to work with zwift I had to run an update on the turbo first through the tacx phone of tablet app. Probably fix your problem as I read about it before I purchased it so was the first thing I did

pahoehoe
    Free Member

As above – I ran the update via tacx app first.
    iPhone 5se 2013 Mbp on same wifi network which I think is important. I think it’s a bt connection from trainer to zwift app then wifi from phone to mbp.

dc2.0

Yep, run the firmware update on the trainer from the app and it’s all Bluetooth enabled. I’ve removed my ant dongle to double check

CrispyCSW

Had another crack this morning and all working fine now – I had to unpair my Panobike Speed & Cadence sensor (which was showing as a classic trainer + speed sensor) first, then when I searched for a controllable trainer the Tacx showed up, then repaired my Panobike as just a cadence sensor.

pahoehoe
    Free Member

Glad u sorted it – I’m struggling to get a look in – mrs p is loving it.

nathb
    Free Member

This weeks schedule:

Mon – WBR 5km Race at 7:05 pm all cats followed by 12? miles of chilled cycling.
    Tues – BRS Time trial 7:05pm x2 watopia flat route.
    Wed/Thurs/Fri – pootling in Zone 1 only.

Anyone else up for those 2 events & folk are welcome to join on my pootles. 🙂

wilburt
    Free Member

If you dont use Ant+ what sort of sensors do you have for cadence and HR or dont you bother?

nathb
    Free Member

I bought some cheap Chinese Bluetooth sensors, which are zip tied (reusable) and sit next to my mio ant+ for when the bike is taken off the tacx. Work fine.

Viewing 40 posts - 641 through 680 (of 15,383 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM