• This topic has 311 replies, 221 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Daffy.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 312 total)
  • Your Car – while we’re in a judging mood!! 🤣🤣
  • idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

’05-plate Audi A3 3.2 V6 Quattro Sportback and an ’09-plate VW Tiguan TDi 4Motion.

chiefgrooveguru

I had two of the bread van era Civic Type S, and now with three children have had to go even more practical:

However, although it’s a family bus, it doesn’t hang about when you decide to “make progress” and it may four wheel drift rather nicely but I couldn’t possibly comment… Still recalibrating my brain from revvy petrol to turbodiesel. Briefly had a petrol version of the same but the engine totally failed.

Part of me thinks a Lotus Carlton would have been a better family car but I have to admit that the magic folding seats and van-like inside are rather useful. And it’s quite economical for something big and not slow.

Spud

T6 family lugger, with all the gaudy additions you’d expect; lowered, 20″ wheels, spoiler etc. It’s great. And, a 56 plate Fabia VRS, which frankly is coming to the end of it’s days I fear. Not really been looked after by the better half and again hardly moved for a year.

ads678

2008 Ford SMax – Bloody great car 155k but goes like a train. Will probably swap for a van in the next 6 months….

2017 Seat Ibiza – might swap this for an electric car at somepoint….

Paul-B

Yay I have Octavia Estate…it’s a VRS, does that get me extra points?

Cougar

Jamesoz in the lead at the first corner

Left for dust by julians by the second.

momo

Toyota Corolla sports touring, although only the lowly 1.8 hybrid.

Company car, so chosen because it’s
    a) Not a diesel
    b) auto
    c) cheap BIK
    d) Estate that I can fit in (6’1″) and there’s enough room that my 4 year old doesn’t have to keep kicking me (now she only does it when she really wants to!)
    e) Has a towbar for bike carrying duties
    f) Not a diesel (this was quite important to me!)

Was delivered 18 March last year, exactly 36 hours after my work put us on a travel ban, as such I’ve only covered 8500 miles in it so far

the-muffin-man

Seems we’ve killed postimages.org 🙂

chiefgrooveguru

“Was delivered 18 March last year, exactly 36 hours after my work put us on a travel ban, as such I’ve only covered 8500 miles in it so far”

That’s a lot of miles for someone banned from travel! 😉

ads678

@northernmatt – Is that photo taken at Camping le Giffre in Samoens?

onewilddiesel
    Free Member

Daily- Leon Cupra 300 4Drive

other daily- Defender 110 Double cab with extras

weekend toy

wobbliscott
    Free Member

JamesOz – love the 944. Takes me back to my 944 turbo. regret selling that.

I’m a year into M2 Competition ownership. A last ICE car hurrah before settling down with something boring and more economical and a motor home or caravan. Its a brilliant brilliant thing, but way too capable for the road so have some road trips and track days planned for when we’re able.

The wife has an X3 company car so I wont bother posting any pics up as I’d imagine they’re both high up on the STW vulgar score and I don’t want to offend.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

2018 Mini Clubman Cooper S.
    Love it but normally get asked if I’m driving the wife’s car!

DezB
    Free Member

This is what sits on my driveway 99.9% of it’s life

cx_monkey

’19 BMW X30 M40 – 2 years old and less than 10kmiles – currently getting a nice green coat from the tree it’s parked under. Its a car to be trolled about. I don’t care – i like it, but it’s going when the M3 Wagon appears…
    ’05 Nissan Pathfinder 2.5 dci – many, many miles on the clock – keeps on going.
    ’90/H BMW 318is – currently hiding under a cover and needing many bits of it rebuilt.

and the other half has:
    ’56 Suzuki Grand Vitara petrol. Just won’t die. Just had the control arms done, so should be good for another 5 years now

crazy-legs

Vauxhall Vectra diesel estate, 58 reg.

In early 2011, I wrote my car (an elderly Ford Mondeo estate) off on the motorway when I hit some debris. However at work, our lease car was due to go back to the leasing company so I asked if they’d be willing to sell it direct to me. Because it saved them the hassle of collecting, valeting and auctioning, they sold it to me quite cheap, it was only 2 years old and came with a full year of tax (back in the days when tax carried over when a car was sold). It also saved me the hassle of visiting garages and pretending I knew what I was looking at or talking about!

It’s the standard big steady rep-mobile, will cruise quite happily on the motorway at 70 with a boot full of bikes and kit. Yes, it’s incredibly dull – in fact so dull they even made the interior an ultra-bland dark grey – but it’s been solid and reliable and practical.

dannybgoode

@richmtb – why not go for an ST Estate or Golf R Estate 😀

windyg
    Free Member

2005 Mini Cooper S
    Nissan Navara
    Peugeot Partner
    Mini Cooper convertible

stgeorge

Do cars get better looking than this square jawed housebrick?

Only if it’s in blue 🙂

Great for bikes tho.

Blue one

hairyscary

This ugly thing. I can sleep comfortably in the back, it’ll carry heaps of stuff and fits a few bikes in easily. It is the ‘sporty’ version so gets me away from Aberdeen fast and in comfort.

doomanic

2010 F11 5er Touring. Povvo spec 2L tractor. Replaced an e91 325D Touring that a Punto driver decided was a foot too long on the M27 the month before I finished paying for it.

Hoping for a promotion at work that comes with a company car so I can go full electric. ID4, eNiro, ID3 or Mustang Mach-e would be good. The first three are on the company car list so there’s some hope.

a11y

No replacement for displacement. Last hurrah with a proper internal combustion engine before I get all sensible I guess.

https://tinyurl.com/597jjxprSix litres

Edit: FINALLY sussed out how to post pics from Google Photo I think.

lawman91

Me and the Mrs had a 58 plate 1.2 Corsa (mine) and a 17 plate Hyundai I10 (hers) last year and traded up to an Arona FR Sport like this when we realised having two cars was a bit pointless with her working from home for over a year. Loving it so far, all the toys, quick enough and room for the bike!

teethgrinder

05 Volvo V50 2.0D which is nice (but not as nice as the V70 D5 that drowned) and an 08 Passat Bluemotion estate which is totally uninspiring that the wife uses.

andybrad

rx8

Hope that works

love it and hate it in equal measure.
    makes everything fun.
    but too loud, drinks fuel and too slow

fruitbat

Straight out of the Classy Cars thread:

159 3.2 Q4

bensongd
    Free Member

An 08 civic type s but this needs to go so I can return to my old car, an appreciating modern classic xsara picasso 05 vintage.

the-muffin-man

Oooh RX8 – good ones of those have got to be on the rise price-wise?

bartesque

jan071501-Large

Owned and enjoyed for the last 14 years

bartesque

Image posting fail….now sorted

lesgrandepotato

Red Alfa 159 1750tbi TI
    77 Reef blue and white 2.0l Bay window Type 2 camper on 40IDF’s and custom interior
    Red 68 Mini in rally spec and with a vintage supercharger

oldtennisshoes

There is a distinct absence of German estate cars. 🤔

jamesoz

Jamesoz in the lead at the first corner

Left for dust by julians by the second.

Love that the windscreen is seen as unnecessary weight on the superlight.
    That’s ace! I’d love one.
    Mine is also my bike carrier, can get two in the back at a push.

If I need a load lugger we have an Astra G 1.6 estate, its the polar opposite in almost every way. It’s too dull to even bother with a photo. It was however £350 five years ago.

toby1

Not mine, but this spec

Not my specific car, but this colour and spec.

I miss some things about my Civic EP3 Type R, but the golf is a site more comfortable.

a11y

@fruitbat, need pic of the Busso – that’s glorious (or even better, video of the sound 🙂 )

Sandwich

20 year old Saab 9-3 Turbo S coupe. Any of my bikes are worth more than it cost me. Bought as a dog and bike ferrying machine with the occasional long distance trip to Brizzle as it’s comfier and quieter than the truly hateful 07 plate Note herself drives.

sharkattack

There’s some surprisingly not bad cars in here for a bunch of tree hugging Guardian readers 😗

With our Fiesta we needed a sensible daily which wasn’t miserably dull and it’s perfect.

However, my Mrs is now off work and is not going back. Daily driving is over for both of us. I could have had my Elise or Monaro VXR or JDM STi.

Nevermind, I’ll get back to my automotive bucket list when we’re done with the Mango Menace.

andybrad

Oooh RX8 – good ones of those have got to be on the rise price-wise?

nope, mine (in superb nick with 54k on it) is worth about £4k. thats the issue. Try finding anything remotely as good and its 10k+

jonjones262
    Free Member

I’m just getting shot of this pile of crap

Car

Been nothing but trouble in the 7 months I’ve owned it. All covered by warranty but 5 repairs isn’t good!

Getting a brand new C300 wagon in its place, boring diesel…

toby1

@a11y – ok, I’m out of touch, what actually is that?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 312 total)

The topic ‘Your Car – while we’re in a judging mood!! 🤣🤣’ is closed to new replies.