Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You may say that I am a little organised but….
  • doratheexplorer
    Free Member

Christmas present..

Turbo Trainers….please do not redirect me to "check previous TT post" or enlighten me with tales of "they are a bag of w**k"

I know getting out riding is a whole lot better but sometimes, working away, grimmest of the grim weather, yeti's.?.?..can deter you from going out of an evening, weekend etc.

Anyhow – I want to get t'other half one for christmas.

I ride and would like to borrow it so please give me some nice STW reccomendations.

I know this is frightfully early for Christmas but I am out of the country with work for the best part of two months between now and December.

Or any ideas for a Christmas present for the man who has everything (and the girlfriend who is lacking is most things can borrow 🙂 )……

Oh, sorry if I have gone in the wrong forum section with this

Ishouldbeworking
    Free Member

I had no issues with my cyclops fluid 2 or something or other. Buying the proper tyre made a difference to the noise, but I never thought it was too bad before.

I would say the most important thing is to get a decent computer to see what you are doing and get maximum benefit. I bought a garmin edge 305 with the cadence sensor so I could see speed, distance, cadence and most importantly HR, I'm sure there is something that will do the same without the GPS.

I'm in oz now and left it behind, but I hear my mum is enjoying riding my old kaffenback on it in the conservatory.

Cheers, Dave

vinnyeh

How much you willing to spend?

I've got a Tacx i-magic (not the top of line Fortius) – bought it second hand, but it was a great buy- the training software is fine, but it's the Real Life Dvd's that make the turbo fun (almost). Much better to spend the money on something like this I think.

doratheexplorer
    Free Member

Thanks for the information so far.

Probably no more than GBP200 but it is not set in stone.

I did manage to ask him (hopefully discreetly)what the difference between all of them was and he mentioned some are incredibly noisy. All I have to go on is that noisy is bad 🙂

damion
    Free Member

I'd recommend getting something rim driven, will save a load of tyre issues. I've got an old version of:

http://www.rutlandcycling.com/2353/Minoura-E-RDA-850-Trainer-With-Remote.html?referrer=froogle1&utm_source=google&utm_medium=froogle&utm_campaign=pid2353

and ok, gotta go steady until everything has warmed up a bit or you do get slippage but i'm yet to smash my knackers.

HTH

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘You may say that I am a little organised but….’ is closed to new replies.