Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 227 total)
  • Yesterdays shooting & todays protest.
  • somouk
    Free Member

You are all Ross Kemp and I claim my £5.

I saw Ross Kemp in an airport once. A lot shorter than he looks on TV I thought.

outofbreath
    Free Member

Lol. You go and stand in front of the car then.

+1

Funny how the never ending queue of people claiming they could take out violent armed scumbags without ever firing a shot never volunteer to be Firearms officers.

Pieface

I never said I was willing to do the job, just throwing an alternative perspective in to the mix.

Remember Mark Duggan / Hillsborough?

Whatever this guy’s background, shooting the guy should have been a last resort and given Bradford’s delicate relationships with the Police then big questions will be asked. The lack of body cameras is a West Yorkshire wide thing, though you’d have thought it might have been a wise exception in this case.

I expect that the findings from the IPCC will determine that it was a lawful shooting, with any evidence to the contrary being discredited. Accusations of a cover-up will be rife and who knows what after that.

Ferris-Beuller
    Free Member

Why is the relationship with the community and the Bradford constabulary delicate?

Ferris-Beuller
    Free Member

[/url]

Worth a read.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Why is the relationship with the community and the Bradford constabulary delicate?

At a ( probably seen as racist)guess..

Large Asian Population, with a largely Non- Asian Police Force?

Northwind

outofbreath – Member

Funny how the never ending queue of people claiming they could take out violent armed scumbags without ever firing a shot never volunteer to be Firearms officers.

Except Steven Seagal.

Ferris-Beuller
    Free Member

I don’t understand why that would make the relationship delicate.

It has to be more complicated than that.

Pieface

Years ago there were riots in Bradford (2001 & 1995) I expect that prior to, and since then relationships between a largely Asian youth and White Police force hasn’t been the greatest. Throw this in to the mix, with the back-drop of the Mark Duggan shooting and I can’t imagine its all nice as pie.

Edukator
    Free Member

When pulled over by armed police (one with a drawn handgun, one with a sub-machine gun and one bizarrely in riot gear with a baseball bat) I turned the engine off as I stopped and then sat perfectly still with both hands in view until one of the police signaled to wind the window down. Doing anything else would have been suicidal.

oomidamon

Ferris & Pigface – also, a police car was shot at outside a Bradford nightclub in the early hours of Christmas day.

jimbobo
    Free Member

I don’t really see why it’s anything to do with Bradford, what with it happening in Huddersfield, armed officers being based in Wakefield and the chap living in Huddersfield!

outofbreath
    Free Member

[/url]

Worth a read.

If even 10pc of that is true I can see why the rozzers might have needed to defend themselves in this way.

outofbreath
    Free Member

I don’t really see why it’s anything to do with Bradford

Perhaps he had a lot of customers in Bradford.

MoreCashThanDash

Come on Edukator, you need to carry on the story….

Pigface
    Free Member

That’s Pieface not me, the only knowledge I know is that shooting a gun in a car will really mess with your hearing and can be physically paiful

Edukator
    Free Member

There’s no more to tell, Morecashthandash, other than we were in the Spanish Basque country in a French registered van and ETA had been busy.

sbob
    Free Member

MoreCashThanDash – Member

Come on Edukator, you need to carry on the story….

Probably pulled by intertroll. 😉

epicsteve
    Free Member

How much of a threat would have have been shooting from inside the car?

Even if he had a gun, I imagine getting an accurate shot from the drivers seat would be very slim, and as the Police would most likely be wearing body armour, this could be seen as an over-reaction to an overall low-risk situation.

Definite candidate for the most idiotic post on here for a while.

outofbreath
    Free Member

It’s the post that keeps giving, the more I read it the more amusing stupidity I find in it.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Until someone comes up with the ‘shoot the gun out of his hand’ option.

Edukator
    Free Member

Until someone comes up with the ‘shoot the gun out of his hand’ option.

There’s a Youtube vid of an American cop doing just that to a “suicide by cop” bloke waving a gun at the police.

“Black lives matter” clearly have so justified grievances but there are equally criminals and people with mental health issues of all colours and creeds who do some very daft and provocative things when faced with armed police.

Ferris-Beuller
    Free Member

#drugdealerslivesmatter 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

Parents have given an interview. Apparently he was a “kind hearted boy” and they can’t understand why he was shot.

epicsteve
    Free Member

There’s a Youtube vid of an American cop doing just that to a “suicide by cop” bloke waving a gun at the police.

I suspect a lot of marksman would be willing to try if the guy was just threatening to shoot himself – less so if they were threatening to shoot anyone else though.

DrJ

Parents have given an interview. Apparently he was a “kind hearted boy” and they can’t understand why he was shot

I heard also that the father said he was “spoiled” and that he (the father) had bought all the fancy cars for him. Delusional.

slowoldman

Apparently he was a “kind hearted boy”

I believe Al Capone was good to his mother.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

There’s a Youtube vid

I’ve seen the video thanks yonks ago, and I knew it would be suggested by a troll. Bloke was sat down in the open, no immediate threat.

Ferris-Beuller
    Free Member

Apparently he was a “kind hearted boy”

He gave free hugs with each kilo of Heroin.

willard

The one in the US where the gun was shot out of the blokes hand was a one off I think. The marksman was relatively close, was prone, had a solid rest on the rifle and spotted a pattern with the way the subject was moving the pistol. I still say he was lucky (and a good shot).

I’m also not sure why you’d call a known drug dealer with a potential firearm going against people in body armour low risk. It’s not just the chance of the round striking the 10″x13″ plate (call it about 9% of your body’s surface area), you have head, arms, legs, other people downrange…

Any time there is a gun involved, it’s high risk.

ninfan
    Free Member

The one in the US where the gun was shot out of the blokes hand was a one off I think. The marksman was relatively close, was prone, had a solid rest on the rifle and spotted a pattern with the way the subject was moving the pistol. I still say he was lucky (and a good shot).

“I was aiming for his head” 😀

chewkw
    Free Member

Andy R – Member

chewkw – Member
    I just noticed one of the London force was using Ruger Mini-14 (5.56) in the past … niccee … one of my favourite if I were to own one.

“One of my favourites”?? Why would you ever want to own one ? [/quote]

Okay folks don’t get too excited coz I ain’t buying one in the UK. I repeat I ain’t going to get anything at all Okay.

Like any technology I just happen to like them things that can hurl projectile at fast speed, just like Ruger GP100 or Ruger GP100 Match Champion for sport competition … but does not mean I want to get one desperately.

The rules regarding firearm in the UK are so severely strict I doubt the police has a trigger happy “Quick Draw McGraw” approach to firearm incident.

slowoldman

Well the latest on the Beeb channel:
    “A man shot dead in a police operation off the M62 died from gunshot wounds to chest, post-mortem tests have shown”.

philxx1975
    Free Member

So if the rules were…

“Those found to be carrying illegal firearms will be shot without provocation upon confirmation of a firearm being present”

Do you think people would still break the law?

AFAIK wtf would a member of the public need a firearm for outside of recreation, you certainly don’t need one for pottering about on the m62?

bearnecessities

..you clearly don’t use J24 of the ’62; copper probably just lost his shit trying to figure out which exit off the roundabout to head north on the ‘629.

Seriously though, bravo everyone on talking this much bollocks on something nobody knows anything about 🙂

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

So the dead man was an office clerk by trade. I am clearly in the wrong job if an office clerk can afford super cars 🙁

The whole Bradford thing is odd and could start all kinds of racism calls on here.

However Bradford has the largest number of uninsured drivers in the U.K. and nothing appears to happen.

Many big legit businesses in Bradford have been built up on the proceeds of drug money.

Relations have always been strained in Bradford and it definitely feels like the Status Quo is just maintained to avoid trouble/the race card coming out.

Shooting a fellow drug dealer is not maintaining the status quo, hence why the local Bradfordians (with nice big farms in Pakistan) got a little upset

I’m glad there is one less person carrying a gun around…even if he was a nice lad, after all he never actually got done for attempted murder

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

AFAIK wtf would a member of the public need a firearm for outside of recreation, you certainly don’t need one for pottering about on the m62?

Unless you actually know who your’e going to ‘bump’ into off maybe?

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

You’re crapping me? Between middle lane hoggers, tail gaters and non-use of indicators/mirrors, I’d be able to pop a few caps into a few asses on a daily basis. 😛

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Take with a massive pinch of salt….

via Spotted Bradford

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 227 total)

The topic ‘Yesterdays shooting & todays protest.’ is closed to new replies.