Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • XC-trail hardtail build – “progressive” geo frames
  • tomparkin

Sure, it’s not a ultra light XC racer on the traditional sense, but surely can be built as an efficient and fast bike. The BfeMax is the real downhill oriented frame on their range

It’s interesting, when the SolarisMAX first came out it was generally portrayed in the 140mm fork build and very much discussed as an enduro-ready radness machine (I remember Will’s video review of the black/gold sparkly one for example).

Since the BFEMax launched the SolarisMAX is much more marketed as a 120mm-SID-equipped lithe and nippy trail bike.

Which is fair enough of course, it’s always been able to do both!

I recently got a BFEMax which I chose over a SolarisMAX because:

* I’d sooner have the (slightly) radder geometry than not,
    * Price,
    * Aesthetics

I’ve found though that the BFEMax is a decent XC machine, not in a head-down Lycra way maybe, but in the sense of a comfy place to traverse the scenery. It’s a great climber as @cloggy says.

Anyway. Rambling a bit. Enjoy your SolarisMAX OP they look ace. What colour are you getting?

cloggy

Hardtale Party thought the BFEMAX slightly sharper and the Solaris more compliant. Cy’s said he prefers the Solaris cross country. I spend most of my time either climbing or descending, that’s just how it is here. Another member having both preferred the Scandal to his Solaris for it’s agility; so a lot comes down to preference and where you ride.
    We all get hung up on numbers, but tube profiles have a huge influence in how a bike feels and that’s probably the distinguishing difference between the BFE and Solaris. I don’t think Cy gets enough credit for that.
    I’m old. I have the reaction times of a tortoise so anything that gives me confidence is accepted. As everyone states Cotics are confidence inspiring downhill.

tomparkin

We all get hung up on numbers, but tube profiles have a huge influence in how a bike feels and that’s probably the distinguishing difference between the BFE and Solaris. I don’t think Cy gets enough credit for that.

I think there’s a lot to be said for that.

zezaskar
    Free Member

@tomparkin I went for the green one.

Hope it doesn’t get stuck in the customs for too long here in Switzerland. The rest of the kit is arriving this week and I can’t wait to ride it

tomparkin

@tomparkin I went for the green one.

It’s important that you post some pictures once it is in your possession and built up 🙂

zezaskar
    Free Member

@tomparkin will do, for sure.
    Not expecting it to be an absolute looker, as some of the kit will be mix and match with whats available, but hope its going to be a very functional build

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘XC-trail hardtail build – “progressive” geo frames’ is closed to new replies.