Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 263 total)
  • WTF – Naked rambler jailed for 5 months?
  • mt
    Free Member

wonder what happened to his girlfriend? exposure?

duckman

Are prisons in Scotland cold?

Perth; the Windsor group hotel he has been in for the last 5 years is roasting hot,however it stinks of poo and cabbage.

GrahamS

wonder what happened to his girlfriend?

Also from Teh Grauniad article:

He returned to Roberts’s native Bournemouth with court dates that meant he would have to go back to Scotland, and with a relationship that, away from the unique atmosphere of the walk, was no longer working. “She sensed the cause meant more to me than her,” Gough says.

“It was very sad,” Roberts recalls. “Steve knew he would be going to prison for a long time. We finished the relationship before he got on the plane. I worried for him, but I knew he’d suffer if he didn’t follow what he feels is true and right.”

jambalaya
    Free Member

As stated at the start of the thread this has been going on for years. The justice system has painted itself into a corner, he doesn’t care and they cannot back down.

The “near the kids playground” is not relevant and indeed IMO shows journalistic licence trying to make the story more interesting.

This whole thing is an epic waste of time and money, our money as tax payers.

Cougar

My 2.5yo daughter sees me and the missus naked pretty much every day and I’d have absolutely no problem with her seeing anybody else naked in a non-sexual context. I’m quite happy to take her into the gents if I have to for instance.

I never really understood this; that society deems it necessary to have segregated bathroom facilities but bringing opposite sex kids in is perfectly acceptable. Not that I’m overly fussed about it, but if I’m in a situation where I have to get my knob out in the presence of females then I’d probably be more comfortable with a mature audience than one comprised of curious three year olds.

I know it’s an unpopular opinion, but if a parent and child of differing sex need to use the facilities, it makes more sense to me for them to use the room which matches the gender of the child (who’s going to be the one using it) rather than the parent. But people don’t do that, because we’re all so bloody repressed and hung up about bodies that we can’t actually bring ourselves to walk into the opposing bathroom. Madness.

GrahamS

To be honest Cougar I’d always much rather take her to the Ladies, as if nothing else it tends to have slightly less pish on the floor and toilet seats.

Given the choice I usually take her into the disabled loo.

convert

Genuine question to Graham – if you bring your littleun into the gents changing room, do you expect the other occupants to modify their behaviour or carry on as they were? Not talking about wind milling here as you would normally save that for the comfort of your own living room (you all do that don’t you 😉 ) but unselfconscious moving around with knackers in full view.

It’s probably the teacher in me trained to desperately try and avoid the potential of putting myself in a position from which I could be accused but if a dad and girl combo pitch up on the bench right next to me I feel the pervometer needle flicker if I don’t contort myself in the opposite direction. My anxiety in this regard increased after I watched a kid brought into the changing room by her dad stumble and face planted a bystander’s groin. Dad could have laughed it off or maybe even apologised but instead looked at the poor old boy like he had just propositioned his daughter for some oral gratification.

mt
    Free Member

can they not just waterboard him till he begs for mercy? Then suggest that it would be a good idea to put some kit on. we’ed soon find out how commited he was. Alternatively could they not drop him off on Mingalay with a tent, he could live happily naked there.

GrahamS

Genuine question to Graham – if you bring your littleun into the gents changing room, do you expect the other occupants to modify their behaviour or carry on as they were?

Nah, carry on regardless. I’d rather you/they didn’t swear in front of her obviously, but naked-wise I’m honestly not bothered and she wouldn’t be either.

I accept I may be more relaxed about this than some though.

face planted a bystander’s groin

That, however, would cause even me to blush a little 😀

psling
    Free Member

Haven’t read through all of this (so this may already have been mentioned) but the law is different in Scotland which is why he keeps ending up in prison there. I don’t believe that ‘just being naked’ in England & Wales is a criminal offence as such.

So, my question is, being as he’s resident in England then why does he spend so much time being naked in Scotland?

Northwind

On at least one occasion, he’s had to return to scotland for court dates, which has resulted in him being arrested again. “Oy, naked bloke, come here” “OK” “Aargh, a naked bloke! Arrest him for being here!”

bencooper
    Free Member

Yeah, up here BoP is a criminal offence not a civil one.

GrahamS

So, my question is, being as he’s resident in England then why does he spend so much time being naked in Scotland?

Kinda hard to do a LEJoG without visiting Scotland at some point.

Also challenging the law is part of his cause.

(He has been arrested twice in England by the way)

GrahamS

he’s had to return to scotland for court dates, which has resulted in him being arrested again.

And he has been released, walked out naked, and been arrested again immediately. 😆

Northwind

Yup- think this is covered earlier in the thread, but apparently in England, you need to have a complaint from a member of the public to have committed BoP, whereas in Scotland you don’t.

AlexSimon

I agree with those saying that the school angle is irrelevant and designed to manipulate.

If his actions are designed to show up the absurdities of modern life, then he’s succeeded imo.

mu3266
    Free Member

He is just partaking in a favourite bootneck pastime. If its not naked roll mat fighting, it’s naked rambling. If its not naked rambling, it’s naked bar. We bootnecks will find any old excuse to get naked.

jambalaya
    Free Member

CougarI never really understood this; that society deems it necessary to have segregated bathroom facilities

Our society has mainly segregated facilities. Quite common to have mixed bathrooms in France for example, urinals and stalls as it were. I’ve been at a number of sporting events/concerts where the queue for the ladies is very long so they start using the gents too.

mt
    Free Member

did I get the 100?

rogerthecat
    Free Member

@zimbo – may I thank you. Until the Rosa Parks I was an unnoticed person it the doctors waiting room. Afterwards I am the object of dozens of beady pensioner stares for having the temerity to burst into fits of giggles.

Back on topic, seeing more naked bodies in all their variety might just readjust the view of a normal physique. I have no problem with nudity, we are naked under the clothes. As long as there is no intention to harm others the leave him be.

GrahamS

Quite common to have mixed bathrooms in France for example, urinals and stalls as it were.

Last time I was in France we were in a pub where the loo was just at the end of the bar and had a saloon style door, so you could still chat to people sat at the bar whilst you were taking a piss.

Junkyard
    Free Member

We really are ridiculously uptight in this country sometimes.

THIS

it nudity nothing more ..the only thing that offend me about naked bodies is when they are ugly or flabby; for this reason I have never proposed a STW naked ride

If you think it is sexual have a word with yourself not him

That said he doe seem to court controversy for whatever reason.

FWIW my kids would probably point at his winky and then laugh

paddy0091
    Free Member

maybe the stupid git should grow up and put some clothes on?

druidh
    Free Member

Because he is trying to make a point. This isn’t about him liking being naked, it’s about him protesting about his right to be naked. That’s why he wore clothes to board a flight at Southampton and removed them before landing in Edinburgh.

The last time he was released (naked), the police just let him saunter off. They even gave him advice on where he might not want to go in order not to be arrested, but 3 days later he went there anyway.

Agree or disagree, society at the moment doesn’t seem to want to see naked folk wandering around the streets “willy”-nilly. He knows this and is deliberately challenging folk/setting out to offend.

Does anyone on here really think that this is such a worthwhile cause that you’d give up any prospect of being with your own children?

totalshell

give the guy a break..
    people refusing to follow the common standard are what sets us apart
    other than outraging public decency what has he done.. nothing.. stole nothing.. hurt nobody.. said nothing.. all he does is wear nothing..
    sure he’s taking the point further than most would be thats his choice.

hes not waving his tickle tackle at kids.. grandmas… or even smirking

perhaps if more people were more accepting and open minded to the differences between us all we might all live in a better place..

besides which its mid sept you can bet he wont be wanting to go very far naked at the mo.

Edukator
    Free Member

A loin cloth to walk free, not much to ask of him is it? In my local town centre I have to wear a T-shirt, when in Rome… . It strikes me that the locals are pretty open-minded/accomodating/tolerant but he’s being bloody-minded.

If you don’t like wearing clothes then choose to live in a naturist village, Link to Cap d’Agde which is on the limit of work safeif you are prudish in the extreme then I suggest Saudi.

druidh
    Free Member

Edukator – he has already been allowed to walk free, unclothed. He simply chose to take on society/the authorities again.

I reckon they will keep him locked up until 2015 and then deport him to England 🙂

taxi25
    Free Member

In the end though he was jailed for a breach of the peace. Right or wrong I can think of loads if people who wouldn’t want him walking past their kids naked. The police know this aswell, they also know someone might have more than a quite word with him. It seems they bent over backwards to prevent a BOTP but he refused to cooperate. Prison seems stupid, but how stupid would the authorites be if they had to lock someone up for assaulting him.

dirtdiggler
    Free Member

The guys clearly got a screw loose, the justice and prison system need to fire him over the border and let his native justice system deal with his mental issues. The fact he likes kicking about kids play areas with his knob out speaks volumes about him.

crikey
    Free Member

The fact he likes kicking about kids play areas with his knob out speaks volumes about him.

The real actual fact is that you’ve chosen to make this up about him, and that speaks volumes about you.

GrahamS

The guys clearly got a screw loose

Yet he has cruised through every psych evaluation.

The fact he likes kicking about kids play areas with his knob out speaks volumes about him.

Reading Comprehension: D- 😀

Perhaps put the pitchfork down and actually read the thread?

zimbo
    Free Member

I think he was probably flaccid though, so does that make him not a paedophile, or merely an impotent paedophile? Which volume is that in?

qwerty
    Free Member

The former marine, from Eastleigh in Hampshire, was sentenced at Kirkcaldy Sheriff Court, where he appeared naked in the dock.

Ha ha, that’s funny. Core till the end.

Cougar

sentenced at Kirkcaldy Sheriff Court, where he appeared naked in the dock.

I’ve been to Kirkcaldy. That explains a lot. It’s a random place.

A devilishly attractive and seemingly naturally bald(*) woman working in McD’s asked me where I was from, as it appeared she’d never heard an English accent before. I told her and she replied, “oh, down south.”

A Chinese bloke passed us in the street wearing a shockingly lurid pink puffa jacket. My mate Dave and I struggled to keep a straight face and avoid catching each other’s eye for fear of losing it. As he passed, Dave said sotto voice, “bloody hell, it’s Jacket Chan.” I had to have a sit down.

Many, many more random events in the same vein. Odd place.

(* – on her head)

MoreCashThanDash

Not read all the posts, but I can’t help wondering that he has got himself locked up again just as the weather starts to get chilly…..?

He’s not as daft as some of us think.

hora
    Free Member

Around my way we see a lot of naked female hikers. Shocking and the Police wont do anything about it. The officers simply reply that theyll observe the situation to ensure theres no breach of the peace. Simply disgusting.

Cougar

The officers simply reply that theyll observe the situation

Can’t say as I blame them.

GrahamS

Have you formed a one-man Neighbourhood Watch to observe them at close quarters hora?

zokes
    Free Member

It really doesn’t, mostly because that’s not what he does.

Look; I realise that you take not only yourself but everything on the internet very seriously

As the owners of this forum keep reminding everyone, play nice or don’t play at all. As I said – criticise the argument, not the poster. Or don’t, but that’s a pretty good way to demonstrate that you’ve already lost the argument.

You actually realise very little about me, but that’s not the point.

And you don’t actually(as usual,)have an argument I give a toss about.TBH I think they should let TJ back just for you to have somebody to play with.

So why bother at all then? Why negatively attack a poster if you have not a jot of care about what they say? Why not save your efforts for something more worthwhile in life, like cracking offensive jokes about male rape in prison, you like doing that don’t you? 🙄

sweepy
    Free Member

There have been a lot of wildlife camera traps set up round here lately, and apparently they have spotted a surprising amount of naked runners in the early hours.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 263 total)

The topic ‘WTF – Naked rambler jailed for 5 months?’ is closed to new replies.