Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Worth sticking some carbon forks on this…?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Sold off my MTB through lack of use and now built this up which should do me for most uses and gentle off road stuff, only thing left to upgrade really would be to stick some carbon forks on it, would there be much of a weight saving and any difference in ride? Am I better off just leaving as is?

globalti
    Free Member

Looks a nice bike. TBH I wouldn’t bother with a carbon fork; it won’t make much difference.

xyeti
    Free Member

I’d bob some carbon forks on that purely for cosmetic reasons, it might look better it might even save some weight it might take the sting out of the pot holes, all these variables might or might not work? I might know where there are some Kinesis Pure CX Forks as well,

Just Sayin

proutster
    Free Member

I should change them because they look like they’re on the wrong way round to me!!

xyeti
    Free Member

Oh yeah, well spotted 😯

That’s clearly a deliberate mistake,,,,,,

ebennett

Thought the brake calipers looked a bit odd!

v666ern
    Free Member

also pretty sure they are fitted correctly, seem to remember a post from cy explaining why they were that way round

http://www.cotic.co.uk/geek/page/archive

trail_rat
    Free Member

they are absolutely 100% fitted the correct way round.

xyeti
    Free Member

In that case and in answer to the initial question, Yes, get some fitted.

the-muffin-man

You’d save about a one pound in weight and they’d look nice. But the ride won’t be much different – rigid is rigid!

proutster
    Free Member

OK, I apologise – but why do all of the photos here show forks the “normal” way round? Are they different forks?

trail_rat
    Free Member

its a different fork.

if you turn the roadhog fork on the bike above below the tyre would sit somewhere between your cranks as it would have a negative rake……

trail_rat
    Free Member

bike suites the steel forks btw IMO it looks gash with carbon forks – the transition at the headtube just looks shit.

Skinny steel frame really wants some curved unicrowns imo 😀

dovebiker

Some steel forks can be 1kg+ and hugely overbuilt and pretty harsh – so you could save as much as 500g and get a smoother ride, but depends on how the Cotic forks ride and how much they weigh. I have some Pace RC31 carbon forks which are quite ‘soft’ in comparison.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Worth sticking some carbon forks on this…?’ is closed to new replies.