Home Forums Bike Forum World championship isn’t georestricted on Redbull tv

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • World championship isn’t georestricted on Redbull tv
  • stwhannah

I’m watching the red bull feed via the uci website embed! Couldn’t get it to work on red bull site itself or the app 🤷‍♀️

BoardinBob

Why have they not shown the majority of the men’s field? That was always the great part of the world’s, seeing every rider regardless.

desperatebicycle

The Italian coverage is awful. No drones for one thing. Rider just now was fully committed, obvious he was either going fastest or was going to bin it, so they cut to the 3 fellas sitting around in the hotseats! Next you see, the rider is covered in dust completing his run. Hopeless.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

yeah just switched to the UCI coverage, as the Eurosport commentator was awful.

wordnumb
    Free Member

cheers @kneebiscuit – wish I’d known about this earlier, good to be able watch now

Stiggy

@martinhutch Thanks for that 👍

mtbgecko

I rest my Fire stick and it’s allowing me to watch now!

sharkattack

I liked the part were Amaury Pieron left the start hut and the cameras immediately cut to someone polishing his helmet in the finish area.

Saw almost nothing of Brook Mcdonald either.

razorrazoo

Beeb commentary is shocking, didn’t even notice the front tyre hanging off Reece’s bike and can’t seem to work out that being in green means you’re doing better than the leader!

honourablegeorge

Ah, that’s a killer for Reece Wilson

wordnumb
    Free Member

Must’ve been like hitting quicksand for the last 100m for him, harsh luck.

disben

Just switched from GCN feed to the RedBull and so much more energy. Not sure who commentating on GCN – prob same feed as BBC, but poor and as said above, didn’t notice Reece Wilson’s puncture, even after replays….

mashr

Such a good race 😀

martinhutch

Brilliant stuff.

honourablegeorge

Minnaar is some boy. How does he keep going? There are lads half his age who are wrecked with injuries.

disben

GOAT

Stiggy

Watched the xc on BBC, no vibe on the commentary at all, the women’s DH on Eurosport, dull commentary too then mens DH on Redbull (thanks to @martinhutch)…omg Rob and Eliotts commentary was so good, much more exciting and Rob Warner singing at the end was the icing on the cake! Loved it.

branes
    Free Member

I connected a VPN to Norway which seemed to un-geo restrict Red Bull TV.

Deffo worth watching the DH it on RBTV – the XC on the iPlayer yesterday was OKish, but wouldn’t cut it for DH vs Rob Warner and Eliot Jackson (who was very good on comms today imo)

pictonroad

The red bull app is so unrelentingly unfriendly to use I’ve come round to thinking it’s done on purpose.

Despite the clear geo-restriction labelling if you clicked enough times on random identical looking buttons it took you to a live feed in the UK.

The chances of anyone from the UCI or BBC finding said feed were minimal.

Anyway The GOAT. Just amazing, what a race, going to watch that top ten again. 😎

chiefgrooveguru

“ The red bull app is so unrelentingly unfriendly to use I’ve come round to thinking it’s done on purpose.”

The app is useless but their website works fine, so I always just watch via a browser. Amazing race!

halifaxpete

Started watching on Iplayer but the commentary was terrible so ended up watching RB coverage on the phone (website way too laggy on my old laptop and couldnt figure out how to get round the geo restriction on the TV app) Chuffed for Minnaar.

desperatebicycle

Replay is available on iPlayer now. Commentary by some freelancer the bbc picked up cheap off LinkedIn, name of Matt Payne. Shameful really, bloke obviously knows nothing about MTB.
    But yeah, Minaar’s phenomenal! What a win.

wordnumb
    Free Member

bloke obviously knows nothing about MTB

How can you say that? In the five minutes I had a quick look at via Iplayer he used the phrase “dropping in” over twenty times, he established that several riders were from the same country and that at least one of them had a name.

desperatebicycle

“section of the course” is a great catchphrase though :lol:

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘World championship isn’t georestricted on Redbull tv’ is closed to new replies.