Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Working in West London, cheap accomadation?
  • RestlessNative
    Free Member

My job is being transferred to London (White City) and I have to either work there or take a very small redundancy (2 years). Looks like I might have to work in London and come home weekends 🙁 Any suggestions as to where would be cheap accomadation not too far from there? I presume renting a room would be the best option

Feeling depressed just at the thought of it to be honest

aP
    Free Member

Perivale was traditionally the cheap BBC housing area

simon_g
    Hairychested
    Free Member

Perivale, Greenford, Hanwell, parts of Acton (might be dodgy) are all fine. Easy ride by bike. Do you need a flat/room? How big? My mate's just moved back to Hanwell W7 so it must be reasonable 😉

RestlessNative
    Free Member

thanks for the replies

I guess I'd be looking for the smallest cheapest room I could find and flying back home to the Mrs at weekends

Waiting to find out timescales for this from my boss who dropped this clanger then went on holiday for 2 weeks 🙁

aP
    Free Member

Look either places on the Central Line (or even the Hammersmith & City Line) if you're going to be using the tube as this will make your life easier whilst working. Ealing has some nice areas too, especially now that the IRA haven't bombed it recently.

RomanSahakov
    Free Member

Check out Flatshare, they have a lot of cheap flats…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Working in West London, cheap accomadation?’ is closed to new replies.