• This topic has 49 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by uwe-r.
Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Work gone bust
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Focus on who is paying you for next week rather than chasing after who didn’t pay you for last week.

martinhutch

I have someone contacting me with a potential job offer tomorrow and I have got no idea what to say to them regarding when I can start because I don’t bloody know.

+1 to take the offer and start immediately.

Speeder

What would stop you taking on the new job?

In the event that it does go bust, you’ll be made redundant and will get statutory.

IF the company gets taken on by the new party and they just take the stock and you’ll get statutory from the crash of the original company.

In the unlikely event they take it on as a going concern and you do get TUPE’d across, you will lose out on the possibility of any redundancy but they’ll probably wheedle out of paying you a redundancy somehow.

Take the job

stevextc
    Free Member

Everything Speeder said but someone else said You don’t owe them anything … I’d just point out even if you THOUGHT you did THEM isn’t THEM anyway… so IMHO you owed them nothing and you own whomever may take over less than nothing… you seem unlikely to get a redundancy payment worth jack but as someone else already said A bird in the hand… and on balance.. one pays the bills, the other might but probably won’t get you a small cash bonus…

Sandwich

If the job offer falls through there’s shed loads of temp supermarket jobs up for grabs just now to cope with the panic. Also Royal Mail require delivery drivers for Easter pays good at £11 an hour plus benefits.

Good luck

FB-ATB

Royal Mail require delivery drivers for Easter pays good at £11 an hour plus benefits

Such as tenners that fall out of cards?

northernmatt

New job = still no news, they have just started work from home for their entire workforce so everything is a bit up in the air with them at the moment. I have had a phone conversation with someone today, he has a meeting lined up with their high ups tomorrow about it so I should hear something after that.

The loyalty thing, I have no loyalty to old/current employer whatsoever. It’s been a shit place to work for over a year to the verge of me nearly walking out a few times. I have a deep seated loathing for the MD, I wouldn’t piss on him if he was on fire. The only reason I stayed is because I have bills to pay, I could have gone elsewhere but I was looking for a way out of the industry.

The only thing I am worried about is any potential (statutory) redundancy payment, if I quit and go for the new job immediately I would be walking away from just over £2.5k. I have spoken to the administrators personally and they are no gearing up to get full details out to everyone. I know it sounds shit but I hope the potential buyer falls through, they’ll only want to strip the assets and close it down anyway.

Should hopefully be fully clued up on exactly what is happening early next week.

Speeder

Just because you’ve started a new job doesn’t mean you’ve quit the first one. Who are you going to send a resignation letter to anyway?

kayla1
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that OP, it’s a bit shit.

uwe-r
    Free Member

I would also take the new job and start as soon as all the paperwork is in place i.e. get a contract and get it signed, then agree start date and hand in notice with effect from new start date. Your old employer might even be gratefull you have left – if there not they have much bigger problems in any event.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Work gone bust’ is closed to new replies.