• This topic has 165 replies, 88 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by kilo.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 166 total)
  • Woman tries to trip jogger and falls in front of a bus
  • sbob
    Free Member

scuttler – Member

ITS A SHADOW!!!

Surely it’s a camel? 😉

sbob
    Free Member

Context:

mickmcd
    Free Member

They remind me of those obnoxious ‘lycra lout’ bikers who cause havoc by whizzing through the byways and highways at the weekend with not a care in the world apart from beating their fastest time.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health-fitness/body/jogger-rage-runners-getting-aggressive1/

oh

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Bus driver’s reactions are amazing. I reckon he’s in on it. FAKE NEWS.

CountZero

One thing someone picked up on on Fb is the jogger passes a bloke just before the woman and shows no reaction, the pedestrian is in almost exactly the same position on the path, but as soon as the jogger approaches the woman, he clearly moves across towards her then brings his arm up, hitting her, and pushing her with his other hand,
    Watching the video full screen on my pad, pausing it just before he hits her, then scrubbing forward frame by frame, it’s as clear as anything it’s deliberate and he barely breaks stride as he does it, it’s almost as if he’s practiced it, it’s so smooth.

rOcKeTdOg

bullheart – Member
    Looked like roleplay to me. Bit of flirting perhaps? The missus and I regularly participate in ‘Friday night rough and tumble’ – this week it’s supposed to be prison warden vs lag, but I might dig my Lycra and her pencil skirt out…

How do you find walking in a pencil skirt?

rogermoore

How do you find walking in a pencil skirt?

Auto-correct?
    RM.

wwaswas

Every time this thread comes back to the top I look at the title and think ‘Did the OP watch a different video to everyone else?’.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Anyway….what knee pads for walking to work 😉

Mister-P
    Free Member

Every time this thread comes back to the top I look at the title and think ‘Did the OP watch a different video to everyone else?’.

I assumed it was an attempt at humour.

rocketman
    Free Member

I reckon the two of them pass frequently

As they approach, the jogger is on the left and you can see that he was heading towards the woman who moves to her left so as to avoid him. At the same moment, the jogger moves to his right to avoid her.

Anyone who uses busy pavements will know this happens all the time it’s just being aware of other people. The decision you have to make is whether to stay on course or move over, and often the other person will do the same thing so you end up doing a ridiculous shimmy on the pavement. The Germans have the best technique – they simply stop and the other person goes around them.

In this video the jogger decides to stay where he is, the woman does the same thing and they collide.

martinhutch

Can’t see how they’d get a conviction for anything over this. Rocketman’s version will be the one put forward. Can’t and won’t prove the necessary intent for any kind of assault charge.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

In this video the jogger decides to stay where he is, the woman does the same thing and they collide.

still failing to see how anyone can not see his change of direction and his deliberate push shown by how his arm furthest away is involved.

If he had just bumped into her it would just have been a clash of shoulders, or at most one of his arms being raised.

The pavement was not busy – there was plenty of room to his left for him to make the same degree of change of direction as he made but to his left and he would have been nowhere near her.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

These days the court in which he will be tried most severely, will be that of social media.

His name will come out and I wonder if he will have a job in a months time

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

~75-100Kg man jogging knocks down woman on pavement, huge public outcry on the internet.

People driving cars with ~10-20x the mass at typically ~5x (or more) the speed, hit cyclists who are then badly injured or dead, the silence is deafening.

ferrals
    Free Member

still failing to see how anyone can not see his change of direction and his deliberate push shown by how his arm furthest away is involved.

Agreed. re-watcehd the footage and can’t see it as anything other than deliberate.

Would love to know why.

Thing is, if he really did want to push her under the bus, surely its just random chance that he was passing her at exactly the right time a bus happened to be about to pass?

Junkyard
    Free Member

the main sign its deliberate is that he does not even stop after knowing he has just “accidentally knocked ” someone into the road

No one who does this by accident just carries on jogging they stop for obvious reasons.

TBH its getting harder to tell who is a troll on here v who is just utterly deranged

outofbreath
    Free Member

Can’t see how they’d get a conviction for anything over this. Rocketman’s version will be the one put forward. Can’t and won’t prove the necessary intent for any kind of assault charge.

Agree.

I’m an unfit jogger – I veer and lurch a bit and could easily swerve the way he did and clout someone, instinctively raising my hands as a buffer then gasping my appologies and carrying on without properly looking back.

Occams razor says accident. If it isn’t then someone out jogging decided to assault a stranger for no reason which seems even less likely.

A jogger bumped into David Cameron a while back. Joggers fall under cars. it’s not exactly rare.

Maybe he had an inner ear disorder, maybe he’s got some kind of motor control issue. There are all kind of explanations for veering into someone.

As stoatsbrother has said, the jury of public opinion has already cast its verdict.

outofbreath
    Free Member

knowing he has just “accidentally knocked ” someone into the road

Failure to stop is totally inconclusive. If you did get your kicks deliberately pushing women under buses then you’d *definitely* stop and profusely apologise to make it look like an accident.

All not stopping shows is that he didn’t know she’d hit the deck in a big way. It tells us nothing about intent.

DezB
    Free Member

“the incident, which happened on 5 May”

Dunno about fake news, but it is OLD news!

outofbreath
    Free Member

Thing is, if he really did want to push her under the bus, surely its just random chance that he was passing her at exactly the right time a bus happened to be about to pass?

Indeed, and if your plan to assault someone involved pretending to be out jogging and accidently clouting them wouldn’t you a) Veer gradually rather than at the last minute b) Stop and pretend to be concerned. c) Not come back the way you went 15 minutes later.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Suspect now arrested
    Regardless of any past history, which I don’t see, it’s pretty much a dick move.

DezB
    Free Member

What’s the usual sentence for the crime of being an utter bastard?

Junkyard
    Free Member

All not stopping shows is that he didn’t know she’d hit the deck in a big way

I know when i run into someone i only check if they “Hit the deck in a big way” when its accidental – i then also ignore them when I return and they are still being treated for their injuries – this is what we all do at accidents surely 🙄

It tells us nothing about intent.

As i said i cannot tell who is trolling and who is dense on this thread
    He has been arrested; you are free to continue to ignore the evidence to your hearts content

Pieface

I think the push was deliberate, the fact that she almost fell under a bus coincidental.

I had thought that they had previous, BUT having looked at it again, I think its a simple case of him being in the zone a nob and noticed something about her, maybe she was texting whilst walking and not looking where she was going. He’s clearly had enough of this sort of nonsense so decides to teach her a lesson and ‘accidentally’ bumps in to her, shouting something like ‘watch where you’re going’. Whether or not at this point he knows he nearly killed her I’m not sure, however he realizes how much of a plonker he’s been and tries to carry on regardless.

I’ve heard the term ‘Joggers rage’ mentioned in relation to this, where people act weirdly due to low blood sugar levels.

Tallpaul
    Free Member

I think you might need to look up the definition of coincidence…

taxi25
    Free Member

Well I’m assuming the woman feels she’s been assaulted, and I’ve just repeatedly watched a video that seems to confirm the assault. The arrested man will have his say I’m sure. But if I was on a jury he’d need a bloody good reason to explain his actions and avoid a conviction.
    To speculate as to why he pushed the woman, I’d guess pure and simple meanness, maybe just having a bad day and wanted to take it out on someone.

fasthaggis

It also looks like it could have been a defensive shove,maybe he thought she had bumped/shouldered him and pushed her away.

Pieface

I can’t see from the footage but it doesn’t look like he’d know for sure there was a bus there.

outofbreath
    Free Member

I can’t see from the footage but it doesn’t look like he’d know for sure there was a bus there.

If it was deliberate he’d certainly know there was traffic there, obviously he wouldn’t know the next vehicle was a bus. If it was accidental who knows what he was aware of, not much by the looks of it.

ferrals
    Free Member

Plausible from PieFace.

I’ve heard the term ‘Joggers rage’ mentioned in relation to this, where people act weirdly due to low blood sugar levels.

Interesting. I had a bizarre experience when on a ride a year or two back, big group of runners coming towards me, slow right down and get to one side, yet one of them still goes nuts, screams at me to get out the way and tries to push me off my bike. Turned out they were on the last day of some three day running event. The joggers rage kind of explains it.

Pieface

On second thoughts he does look to be trying to keep pace with the bus…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Pieface – Member

He’d know there was a road there. He’d know it’s a very busy road. He’d know that there may have been moving traffic on said road.

johndoh
    Free Member

Joggers rage

Nobbers rage

binners

Joggers rage

Has anyone ever seen a happy jogger?

One who looks like they’re actually enjoying the experience?

Jus’ sayin’

Stoner
    Free Member

BBC news website seems all over the place with this story. Initially it said a 41yr old man had been arrested in Chelsea and then held in custody. Now it’s a 50yr old man who was held at his home and then released.

ctk
    Free Member

Man needs locking up! He pushes her looks at where she falls and carries on.

Accident and he’d stop. Defensive shove and he’d look back.

footflaps

BBC news website seems all over the place with this story. Initially it said a 41yr old man had been arrested in Chelsea and then held in custody. Now it’s a 50yr old man who was held at his home and then released.

The Mail / Express will soon clear this all up, he will be an illegal immigrant who thought the pedestrian looked like Diana, so pushed he under the bus because he hates the Royal family…..

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 166 total)

The topic ‘Woman tries to trip jogger and falls in front of a bus’ is closed to new replies.