Viewing 40 posts - 3,841 through 3,880 (of 4,533 total)
  • Winters coming;all inclusive rugby thread.
  • duckman

Rushes out for a lottery ticke….damn!

Hamilton won’t tour, he is immense in a game where you make teams play narrow channels,as much as it pains me to admit it, he is too slow for what I assume will be fast pitches. Where conversely Grey would excel.I think Kelly Brown will make the dirt trackers,dare I say it as a poss mid week skipper.Hogg also in with a shout of at least not booking ho;idays for a wee while yet.No other Scots,don’t think Beattie is good/unbreakable enough

Scamper
    Free Member

Gloucester is er, lets go to Cheltenham instead.

Bear
    Free Member

I just like seeing him shout at the opposition hooker from the front of the line out!

bigblackshed

Bear.

In fairness that is one of Hamilton’s special skills. And giving away stoopid penalties.

anagallis_arvensis

The funny thing is zokes on the last rugby thread you were racist and started being abusive. I called you a ****. You are a **** as far as i can tell. Yet again you have come on this thread and ruinied it. I havent read back to see what great insult someone made but it seems to just be you that gets some prissy. I talk about the rugby when england are crap i say they were crap same with wales, ireland and scotland.

You still havent come up with examples of my anti english views.

Ps you should not confuse me calling a spade a spade with an inability to hold my temper.

zokes
    Free Member

Christ sake give it a rest.

Bear
    Free Member

AA – same rules for you. Leave it now getting tedious. Move on.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Guys lets not get the thread locked!

Sleep well did you a_a? 🙂

anagallis_arvensis

I was woken up by a screaming kid and it immediatley reminded me of Zokes. Not a pleasant experirence.

anagallis_arvensis

Get a grip England and ‘man-up’ because this sour grapes against Steve Walsh is embarrassing and not good enoughGet a grip England and ‘man-up’ because this sour grapes is embarrassing and not good enough

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/international/england/9942673/Get-a-grip-England-and-man-up-because-this-sour-grapes-against-Steve-Walsh-is-embarrassing-and-not-good-enough.html

duckman

A strange about-face for the paper that broke the whole “clarification” issue.

Anyway…I am sure the Welsh will do the right thing and replay the game without the same front row just to make it fair…err and wingers…

Anyway,while we wait for that; when is it Hiney time again?

psling
    Free Member

…err and wingers…

At least the English scored the only two trys in the game, even though they lost 🙂

Right, I’m off to buy shares in Barbour and Guinness in anticipation of the great STW Rugby Union meet-up…

ijs445ra
    Free Member

6th/7th April Heine Cup is back

6th

Clermont Auvergne v Montpellier 15:40
    Saracens v Ulster 18:30

7th

Harlequins v Munster 14:00
    Toulon v Leicester 16:30

tinybits
    Free Member

Just as an add on to the Lions meet, I’m Bath based and would be happy to go for a few beers and shout at the telly!

And children, stop bloody fighting!

duckman

Usual English bias, what about Embra?

zokes
    Free Member

Too bloody far

Too bloody cold

How about Auckland? That’s neutral – might learn a thing or two about rugby there too 😉

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Seconded, handier for the Ulsterman! Actually you can all come to Belfast!

Right, I’m off to buy shares in….. Guinness in anticipation of the great STW Rugby Union meet-up…

You’ve heard I’m coming!

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Hadrians Wall

carry out of your favourite local tipple

effigies of Messers Walsh & Joubert (or your STW nemesis) to toast and keep everyone warm

and someone must have SkyGO to watch the match on

Kryton57

Good evening.

So what was the decision – A A’s house?

Lions centres eh? Mageechan’s calling for form players only in the squad, so that’s 36 and Roberts then?

Bear
    Free Member

AA’s would be good, specially as we now know he opened for Gil Scott Heron so he should be able to entertain us….

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Rugby Club on Sky Sports 4 at the moment. Talking lions selections

zokes
    Free Member

The ‘other’ sort of rugby, but this happened here last night, five seconds in 😯

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2gg7wW_-7E&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

stevewhyte
    Free Member

He knew what he was doing there.

zokes
    Free Member

I’d say so!

DanW
    Free Member

I believe it is coached. Theres no real reason to be running in to a foot anyway- surely you would have to be very early in and be taking the man in the air…

Edit: just watched with sound, sorry for stating the obvious!

duckman

That’s a sore one,and intentional.

Wife away on a course,so catching up with dozen or so super 40 (or whatever it is this year)Just watched Pocock go off with what we now know is a serious injury, not a bad reserve they had to bring on. I am delighted to see George Smith back at the Brumbies. (I mean Highlanders are still the greatest team in the world; fact)But Smith along with Back in the NH single-handedly ensured wee boys could still have a job in the pro game.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Off to Edinburgh v Ulster tonight, think it is going to be a bit on the chilly side. New coaches for Edinburgh and good to see Ross Rennie making his first start in months.

Not the strongest sides from either but hopefully get a decent match.

Edinburgh: G Tonks, L Jones, D Fife, B Atiga, T Brown, P Francis, S Kennedy; A Jacobsen, S Lawrie, W Nel, G Gilchrist, S Cox (cpt), S McInally, R Rennie, N Talei.

Replacements: R Ford, J Yapp, G Cross, P Parker, H Watson, R Rees, H Leonard, T Visser.

Ulster: J Payne, A Trimble, D Cave, S Olding, M Allen, P Jackson, P Marshall; T Court, R Herring, J Afoa, J Muller, L Stevenson, D Tuohy, M McComish, R Diack.

Replacements: N Annett, C Black, R Lutton, N Williams, A Birch, M Heaney, R Andrew, P Nelson.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Hope you enjoy it ijs but Ulster win!

TBH its the strongest side we can put out, injuries to Wallace, Marshall, Bowe, Pienaar, Henderson, Fez, Wilson and Henry as well as Gilroy and Best excluded due to the IRFU management programme. Watch out for Nick Williams if he comes off the bench, explosive power at its best! Ulster have been poor in their past three games so need a big performance. SUFTUM!

surfer
    Free Member

Sale versus Bath this evening at the SCS. Colder than a Penguins chuff!! 😯

Conditions should suit us

duckman

You may need the points surfer, is the LW verdict not due today?

wrecker
    Free Member

What are the odds that the RFU un-suspend the other 5 points?

surfer
    Free Member

Their defence seems based upon their claim he was a “rogue employee” pretty much a defense for anything really!

Hopefully it will be academic and Sale will stay up on merit.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Is it Spreys v Dragons on scrum v tonight?

duckman

I saw the defence, “Got a wage slip each month did he?” would be the obvious answer to that one.

IdleJon

Bear – Member

AA’s would be good, specially as we now know he opened for Gil Scott Heron so he should be able to entertain us….

Huh? Where did Gil Scott-Heron slip into this thread?

Tom B – Member

Is it Spreys v Dragons on scrum v tonight?

It is. I haven’t used my season ticket for many weeks and I’m sitting here watching the torrential rain, feeling sore with bruised ribs (and a possibly pneumothorax thing, it seems!) and wondering whether I can be bothered.

Duckman, you’ve got some good games to watch then. I’m enjoying S15 this year and annoyed that there isn’t a game on this morning when I’m stuck in the house.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Chiefs are looking good in the S15 again this year and playing some really nice rugby.

Leinster v Glasgow on Saturday has potential to be a decent match depending on the what the weather does.

wrecker
    Free Member

ESPN showing Chiefs/Tigers and Sarries/Quins tomorrow. Should both be good games.

toys19
    Free Member

Can anyone point me to a list that shows what lions/arg tour games are on what channels, sky is ruddy useless at this..

Tom-B
    Free Member

Who’s watching what then? Embra v Ulster here on 301 for some reason…reasonably entertaining game given the pretty low standard that has been displayed at times! Whom is the usually kicker for Embra? Not the guy on show tonight I’m guessing?…he’s 2 from 2 but seems to need to be dead straight and within 30 metres to contemplate a shot!

Pigface
    Free Member

Lydiate back for the Dragons and Ospreys have all the big guns back

Get better soon Idle Jon

Viewing 40 posts - 3,841 through 3,880 (of 4,533 total)

The topic ‘Winters coming;all inclusive rugby thread.’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM