Viewing 40 posts - 1,321 through 1,360 (of 4,533 total)
  • Winters coming;all inclusive rugby thread.
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Superb stuff from England! Sounds like it was very well deserved!

Now, let’s see if Wales can hang on and make it a Northern Hemisphere sort of day…!

sputnik
    Free Member

Told you so… 8)

allthepies
    Free Member

😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

*Despair*

davidjones15
    Free Member

I can’t flipping, blinking bloody well believe it…

stevewhyte
    Free Member

What a bunch of fannies.

Tom-B
    Free Member

🙂 Today has been a good day!

Houns

Whhhhooooooooooopppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp!!!!!

anagallis_arvensis

Gutted! Well played england.

wrecker
    Free Member

Oh yes. Oh yes. Oh yes. Very very happy.

gordimhor

Well done England, sore one for Wales

davidjones15
    Free Member

Not a good way to end. Let’s hope it’s not too serious.
    A bloody good game for Ha’penny too.
    EDIT: Agree on the MOTM too. 😀

Pigface
    Free Member

FFS can my day get any worse 😥 just awful

sputnik
    Free Member

Big hangover waiting for Kryton!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I have been watching school sport but couldn’t resist looking at the scores as expected to get thumped. Then it became addictive. Roll on the highlights at 7:00! When we heard that the AB had scored tow quick tries it looked ominous. Heard Matt Dawnos say that England had a magic 15 mins.

Bad luck Wales, I thought you had got that too. Hope halfpenny is ok and you bounce back.

wrecker
    Free Member

Nz excuses coming in 3…..2…..1

boxfish
    Free Member

Welsh line out…WTF. They should be embarrassed.

Looking forward to highlights,of the England game later though. Great result.

Kryton57

Aw. Sorry for Wales.

Sputnik, I have an early morning & long drive so just the one.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

So England or West Ham 😉 which was the better result!!! 😉

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Well I predicted a 30-40pt hammering – and I was right.

Just got the teams wrong. 🙂

I somehow wasn’t surprised when Wales snatched defeat from the jaws of victory (again).

This doesn’t make England world beaters but at least they’ve finally made some progress. The forwards were pretty decent.

drewfus
    Free Member

well what a performance from eng… shame Wales couldnt match it. Could anyone explain why Eng weren’t as fierce in the tackle and breakdown in the previous two games? freddie looked v good tho, but can he do that when the 4wrds aren’t as dominant?

Houns

Time to watch the women

Kryton57

well what a performance from eng… shame Wales couldnt match it. Could anyone explain why Eng weren’t as fierce in the tackle and breakdown in the previous two games? freddie looked v good tho, but can he do that when the 4wrds aren’t as dominant?

Mu interpretation is that they were told to go an get the ball from the AB’s, rather than waiting for the ball to come to them. The AB’s can’t play with a ball they don’t have, although suprisingly the stats show pretty close on the possession front.

transapp
    Free Member

Very very pleased with that. Best ever margin against the all blacks. Senna I know as little about rugby as the rest of the pundits!
    What was good is that England actually worked hard and creates GE win, it wasn’t a lucky try (as per their loss last week), it was creating and taking the chances. Even Manus interception was due to NZ having to chase the game so trying passes that we’re never on.
    Really enjoyed, bring on the six nations.

wrecker
    Free Member

This doesn’t make England world beaters

Erm….

drewfus
    Free Member

in my experience surely “getting the ball” is vital as if you havent got it then you wont score? but they did seem more up for it today, intensity was more apparent. what needs to be realised was that they still gave away two tries, in my IMO the subs needed to come on 5 mins earlier.

anagallis_arvensis

Welsh line out…WTF. They should be embarrassed.

With a second row pairing of Ryan Jones and Lou Reed it wasnt suprising. Lack of bench and lack of composure killed Wales.

Dont forget our bet Wrecker!!!!

drewfus
    Free Member

cant wait for the highlights of eng.. is there any of the wales game as I didnt see it?

anagallis_arvensis

I see Welsh beat Irish so its not all bad!!

DanW
    Free Member

Watching Wales today was like watching the Scarlets, good work in the backs (like running the ball from your own try line under pressure) which fills you with false optimism but with little going on up front… plus you always have the feeling the game was 10-15 minutes too long for them. Perhaps not surprising given the number of Scarlets playing. Ospreys and Blues need to get some form in to strengthen Wales before the six nations and the doc really needs to find his best magic sponge

wrecker
    Free Member

Although Farrell and youngs did little wrong today, I’m smacking my lips at the thought of a care/burns axis. Launchberry and lawes in the horrible row is quite exciting too. Manu was brilliant today, the amount of defenders they committed to him…
    An honourable mention to mcaw, made no excuses. The mark of a true champion and a gentleman.
    Shame about Wales. So close.

anagallis_arvensis

DanW the list of forwards out injured/unavaialable means wales had no real pack. The injury to Charteris early on didnt help. Wales just dont have the strength in depth to cope.
    Hope 1/2p was ok that looked bad at the end. He has been the best welsh player of the autumn ( not saying much though!).

Kryton57

Burns looked exciting within 5 mins – accurate kicks to touch, and a couple of little taps over the heads of the defence. I got the immediate impression he was “faster” decision-wise than Farrell.

Hopefully SL will play him in the 6N a bit so we can get a proper look at international level.

Defense is looking strong, but we need to ensure 15/9 are sweeping for the kick over.

Scamper
    Free Member

Balls, we were hoping to keep Freddie’s skills out of the limelight and to ourselves just a little longer :mrgreen:

Pigface
    Free Member

Whats the news on 1/2p?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Now that’s what I call HIGHlights!!!!!

drewfus
    Free Member

Not really sure that parling can be dropped tho.. Plenty of carries and tackles today. Could launcbury and lawes organise he line out as well? Woods played like he always promised and seemed back to his best, Robshaw teamed up well with him. But still concernecd with the tries that were conceded.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Just seen the result, well done Eng cracking result. Kryton enjoy the drinks well deserved. Unlucky Wales and down in the third tier of international rugby. 🙁

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Whats the news on 1/2p?

Yep. Any news?

As said before, well done England! Still haven’t seen the highlights, but have read a little. Sounds excellent!

Tom-B
    Free Member

Woods was excellent. Corbisero has really sorted the scrum out in these past two games. Farrell was good-great at goal kicking, but still not accurate enough from hand. I thought that Young’s was OK, but Care is better in every single way (apart from being a knob) Tuilagi was awesome…,he’s the only player that I could see getting into pretty much any side in the world. Ashton is shit and a complete **** despite scoring. Barritt too is ****. Bring the kiwi psycho back at No. 2, Care starting at 9, Matthew Tait back to former glory at 12, Foden back at 15, decent wingers in place of the full backs/pikey that we currently have and we look like a pretty decent side.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,321 through 1,360 (of 4,533 total)

The topic ‘Winters coming;all inclusive rugby thread.’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM