Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Winter build content, Troof
  • paulo6624
    Free Member

IMG_4821 by ps6175, on Flickr
    I have read a few threads asking about these bikes over the last few months but it seems not many have yet been built up, so i thought id post a pic of my new build.

I have not had a proper ride yet just local but feels great and despite the burley build its still reasonably light at 28.6 lb with the dropper post.
    Im still undecided whether to apply the decals or leave it in stealth red, your thoughts?

wwaswas

your thoughts

you need to sort the bottom of your garage doors out – they’ll rot through soon.

paulo6624
    Free Member

That’s what I’m waiting for I’ve lost the key 😆

wwaswas

some sort of stickerage on the downtube might look nice if they’re white?

Bagstard
    Free Member

Nice, but nicer with a black stem IMO.

paulo6624
    Free Member

Yep stickers are white, lol I bought a selection of stems I’ll probably change stem etc over the course of the next week or so

godzilla
    Free Member

Forks arrived in the end then 🙂

paulo6624
    Free Member

Hey Godzilla, yep 20 days from order to delivery bit longer than expected but arrived safe

Northwind

paulo6624 – Member

stealth red

Well, red is extremely stealthy so I’d run with that.

brant
    Free Member

Came out nice those 🙂

wrecker
    Free Member

Very nice but DO NOT put any silly cartoon graphics on it.
    That pic made me smile instantly, I think it’s knowing that the bike is going to get you into sooooo much trouble. Enjoy.

paulo6624
    Free Member

No cartoony stickers going on,
    Yep credit where it’s due brant they look wicked (IMO) hope it rides half as well and I’ll be a happy bunny.

brant
    Free Member

It was a bike that was designed around a top tube, then a downtube.

I love that top tube.

Blower
    Free Member

hmm like it

wunt mind one of them over mi new blue pig!

bigshep
    Free Member

Are you still selling the Nano’s in the picture?
    The build looks sweet, i’d keep it stealthy to keep people guessing.

vorlich
    Free Member

It was a bike that was designed around a top tube, then a downtube.

What’s the deal with the seatstays? I’ve seen a few bikes with that style of seatstays, the Jones Diamond frameset springs to mind. Is it purely aesthetic, or is there some other thinking behind it?

paulo6624
    Free Member

I don’t know, clearly brant is the man to ask, however it manuals like no bike ive ever ridden so I presume the short stays have sOmething to do with that.
    Im no expert but I do think shedfire whether it be for on one or ragley or whoever understand something about geo that other designers do not .
    Pig mmbop, troof (summer season correct me if I’m wrong but br/shedfire are behind that too) all have something different about them and they all ride amazIngly particuarly dh.
    For me the fact you can get such a low slung heavy hitting long tt and slack ha Frame that weighs under 29ln fully kitted with dropper and burley build is amazing.
    I first saw this frame on google after following the blue pig.
    As soon as i saw it I thought wow can’t wait till they are released then I saw the price £350 for an alli Frame, steep ? I thought so. I waited and waited for a price reduction but it didnt happen so I took the plunge I thought of the bfe, soul, bagger and hx1 but the troof just looked like my kinda bike so I hit the button

At first the seat angle seems odd but it begs to be used with a dropper post, I have done no serious clImbing on it yet
    but I can tell it will be fine.

The great thing for me is when the post is dropped the bike is super low which is obviuosley a good thing

Only time will tell but I suspect this bike to be the finest ht I have owned/ridden

accu
    Free Member

paulo6624..
    please, is that an 18 frame…?

paulo6624
    Free Member

Yes it’s an 18″

accu
    Free Member

thanks !

z1ppy

Winter build content

Isn’t it a bit late for that… more a spring build?

paulo6624
    Free Member

Good point there zippy,

Bernaard
    Free Member

No likey, no lighty.

Sorry

paulo6624
    Free Member

Each to there own and all that

float
    Free Member

looks great, leave the stickers off as well.

is this pretty much just a blue pig, but in aluminium?

_tom_
    Free Member

Looks quite nice actually, I almost didn’t notice the gash looking seatstays.

paulo6624
    Free Member

Cheers float, its different geo to the pig, mainly the sloping top tube which is the main reason I bought it as I like a long bike but tend to find that the standover height ends up being to much for me so this was perfect.

paulo6624
    Free Member

Cheers tom

rotten
    Free Member

A friend has one, same colour. Looks awsome.

paulo6624
    Free Member

Accu just a point to note, I’m 5.11 ish and I like a long Tt but if i was a tad shorter this frame would be to big, just thought it was worth mentioning if your planning on getting one.

accu
    Free Member

paulo..thanks !!

I´m 6.1 and tried a blue pig in 18..was perfect..
    really like the troof, especially because of the sloping top tube..

paulo6624
    Free Member

If an 18″ pig suits you an 18″ troof will be fine only you will have a inch or so extra standover

themightymowgli
    Free Member

Really really liking that. As for stickers, so long as it has the head stock badge on leave the rest covert

paulo6624
    Free Member

Cheers mowgli

paulo6624
    Free Member

Has any one else got one of these built up If so lets see some pics

messiah
    Free Member

Thanks for sharing, I really like that 8)

I’m seriously considering one of these. I’ve reached the limitations of the “stop-gap” mmmbop I bought last year and I think one of these would be a fitting replacement.

My Mmmbop is an 18 and I’m thinking of dropping a size as I’m just shy of 6ft and the Mmmbop feels a bit big.

One question… is the seatpost size 31.6″ or 30.9″ as depending on where you look both dimensions are given?

messiah
    Free Member

Button pushed… 😳

paulo6624
    Free Member

sorry messiah i only just picked this up im running a 30.9 post in mine quite happily, be sure to post when you get it

messiah
    Free Member

Argh… I need a frame with 31.6!

woody2000

OP – are you selling this bike on eBay? If not, someone’s nicked your picture and/or is up to no good 🙂

eBay Link

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Winter build content, Troof’ is closed to new replies.