Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • whys my tubeless keep deflating ?
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

Joes no flats

Joes sealant

Rocket Ron evo tires

Was told they may do it till they been ridden … but they deflated mid race last night for the first time …. bit miffed … they were fine till i went to the race. Pumped them up last night after event + put more sealant in(but there was still loads of liquid in the tires pre addition) and went for a short ride to slosh about the sealant. they were flat again this morning.

Getting seriously pissed off with these tires , used to run kenda tires with no issues ….moved to schwalbe as they came with new bike and they are seriously close to getting the bullet ! 9 punctures in 3 rides and 2 of them have been tubeless

Have you tried leaving them horizonatally so the side walls absorb the sealant? That has worked for me previously. I always pump them up quite hard for the first few days.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i have kept them about 50psi when not using the bike…. not tired horizontally ….

Did the thing on als half tubes of holding the wheel and rotating it 30 degrees at a time and tilting it to the horizontal and a few audible leaks were plugged by that…

Smee
    Free Member

It’s because you are a cack handed muppet.

trail_rat
    Free Member

no its cause chuck norris is sat with his bb gun shooting out my tires george….

infuriating …. i can count the number of punctures had last season on one hand … and most of them were when the bike was sat in the shed …you know it goes away “inflated” and exits with a “puncture”

im nearly out of 2 hands already after 3 events !

Smee
    Free Member

You need sealant with bits in it. Schwalbe tyres are porous as anything, some of the holes might be too big for the sealant.

trail_rat
    Free Member

right kenda tires on order….its the obvious resolve !

Smee
    Free Member

What you doing with the rocket rons?

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

what rim, rimstrip, valve are you using the leak could be there?

foxylaydee
    Free Member

i had the same problem last week – was driving me nuts . I just stuck tubes in – the extra ‘weight’ will make me fitter grrrr 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

dt x1900 wheel set with narrow (set up on a merida FLX 3500D )

tubeless is nto a weight issue its a puncture issue …. sure jayne will appreciate the rocket rons on her bike shes lighter than me (im only 12 stone before you blame my extreme weight)

Paceman
    Free Member

Lay them level on their sides after sloshing around, 1 hour each side, that’ll seal the sidewalls – important with Schwalbe none-tubeless tyres. I had to do this with my Racing Ralph Evo’s, run with Stans. 8)

FuzzyWuzzy

Pump them up to 60 psi and slosh soapy water all over and see if they’re leaking through spokes or valve hole

dobo
    Free Member

I have the DT swiss X1800 and have had a similar mysterious deflation which i’ve now cured.

on mine it turned out to be air leaking out of some of the spoke holes!!

even though i had sealed mine with tape somehow air was still leaking and the sealant wasnt stoping it.

I’m not sure exactly why but sometimes theres an area of the rim/spoke/tyre/tape etc that sealant doesnt want to stick too which causes a leak (maybe a patch contaminted whith oil)

I scrubbed my wheels/tyres/strips with detergeant and tried again and no leaks since

i’ve used racing ralphs on my wheels sucesfully and they seal well after a leaving standing on a bucket both sides etc, so rons should work

put blobs of sealant on all your spoke nipples and see if they bubble with air

trail_rat
    Free Member

dobo . was leaking from the round the valve.

I have done the bucket trick and currently still have fully inflated wheels ….sealant started coming out the valve hole when i put em on the bucket …. and stopped soon after ….presume its sealed 😀 turned them over and have left them sat over night on the other side ….will check if still inflated in the morning

Northwind

It’s because you forgot the tubes. Schoolboy error, they keep the air in!

coolhandluke
    Free Member

very soapy water swished around the rims then leave for a bit and shake the wheel in the horizontal position back and forth whilst rotating a bit at a time. flip over and repeat with t’other side of the rim.

repeat until no more bubbles come out of the rim / tyre interface.

Vortexracing

Pump up to 60psi and put them in the bath.

that way you can the leaks. Then rotate the tyre and slosh the sealant around that area.

repeat until no leaks.

househusband

Porous, paper-thin sidewalls – typical Schwalbe. Schwalbe UST tyres, on the other hand, are superb.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘whys my tubeless keep deflating ?’ is closed to new replies.