Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Why is this a bad idea?
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I found a spare front wheel hanging from the garage roof. It was from a mates 29er that I was going to use on my Carver 96er but bought a matching pair of wheels. Anyway, I nipped down the shop and bought a 700×35 cross tyre and have stuck this on the front of my Scott Strike.

I now have the first 27speed full suss carbon fibre 67er.

I quick blast around the sports centre and it seemed fine. Would it be a really bad idea to attempt the SPAM on Sunday with the bike set up like this and why?

peteimpreza

You should be able to the 50km now with that set up. What could possibly go wrong?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

What could possibly go wrong?

Don’t care what could go wrong, I never have 😉

Just wondered if anyone here could see any reason it would be a bad idea.

Peter
    Free Member

Do we really have to explain why you doing ANYTHING MECHANICAL at all is generally a very very poor idea indeed? Especially any sort of ‘modification’ or ‘construction’…..

😯

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

but it works!

I didn’t even use zip ties to hold the discs on this time although my tubeless attempt was an unsuccessful mess.

pk-ripper
    Free Member

It’s an idea on a par with cleaning your willy with concentrated nitric acid.

Peter
    Free Member

Or making wooden lights!

😉

Retrodirect
    Free Member

Geometry will be pretty similar to what it was before, just with a narrower tyre contact patch ont’ front wheel.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

pk – acetic is more fun. Leaves a nice lemony taste too apparently.
    peter – nowt wrong with wooden lights that a fire extinguisher can’t deal with.
    retro – so, same as before but with a bit more front end slide?

Sounds good to me.

Brainflex

I would check that the wheel doesnt catch anything if you use all the travel. If it touches the bottom of the fork it could mean instant face plant.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Why is this a bad idea?’ is closed to new replies.