Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Why doesn't this work, Bluetooth adaptor dongle woes.
  • rockhopper70

My daughter has a Panasonic MW10 “multi-media” docking station, uses the 30-pin iPod connection.
    She also has a 2nd gen iPod that sits straight in and works fine through the docking station, remote controls all good.
    I was hoping to add to this the ability to stream her music from her windows phone/Spotify app to the docking station so bought a Bluetooth adaptor.
    This plugs in OK, lights up blue and the phone and adaptor pair.
    However, there is no output to the docking station.
    The same adaptor and phone and other iPods work perfect on a jbl dock and my Sony alarm clock dock.
    I can’t think what might be going wrong here, as surely the Bluetooth adaptor just behaves like a iPod, as far as the dock is concerned, receiving and sending signals through the 30 pin connector?

I’m lost for ideas aside from trying another adaptor.

Any thoughts?

CountZero

Could easily be talking out of my ass here, not for the first time, but I wonder if the dock doesn’t have the system architecture to be able to properly decode music that’s sent via a BT receiver; it doesn’t have native BT capability, and although the dongle is receiving a signal, I wonder if the dock just can’t ‘understand’ the information it’s being sent?
    I have an idea about why it’s not working, I don’t really have the technical ability to articulate it.

nickdavies

Different versions/ profiles isn’t it – the same way as older Bluetooth car kits can do hands free talking but not stream music. I thought 30pin Apple was purely analogue though, so that shouldn’t cause it. I’d be more inclined to go with a 3.5mm input one and keep it simple as there could be something on the apple adapted causing grief.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Why doesn't this work, Bluetooth adaptor dongle woes.’ is closed to new replies.