Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • Who’s riding on 25th December?
  • shedbrewed
    Free Member

@tall_martin wins 👍 good health and happiness to you all.

Little spin this evening at sunset. Turns out a full beef rib dinner with wine isn’t performance enhancing. Who knew.

anagallis_arvensis

25km to pub on road bike, quick pint then then 10km home

Onzadog
    Free Member

Ten miles around ladybower with the wife and the dog. Took turkey and stuffing sandwiches with us.

rickmeister

Linky Fail

rickmeister

And again…

molgrips
    Free Member

A 1h20 spin on probably the same roads as @mooman. Lovely, really glad I did it as I had quite a few excess carbs to burn off 🙂

rickmeister

Nothing to see here…

singletrackmind

50miles on the roads this morning
    So nice to cycle on deserted roads , bloomin chilly first thing but so nice once the sun got up
    Had to be carefull though as the sun was so low the glare was bad running south .
    Took the Roubaix down a small section of the SDW , on 28c tyres was ok but road spds probably a little too locked in for safety
    Then had a nice afternoon round neighbours , and won the quiz , just

chakaping
    Free Member

Ran 11km yesterday and 8km today in the end. Will most likely get out for a ride tomorrow.

Bigger question is do I take a bike down south to visit the folks? And if so which one, road or MTB?

Hmmm.

akira

Cheeky Box Hill ride, shakedown on wife’s new bike. Was great, weather amazing and roads dry.

boggie62
    Free Member

Sneaked out for a few hours in Grizedale while the sprouts were cooking

drnosh
    Free Member

15 miles late afternoon, needed full lights on for the return leg. Flatish roads, last bit of sunshine, very quiet out.
    Needed that.
    Same again tomorrow, probably.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Stayed up very late for me watching LOTR FOTR (limited time free access on Prime Video for all parts btw) on Xmas Eve, fell asleep towards end having been up since 0530, finally tried to nod off properly in bed at ~0000…

But then woke as normal for day off just past 0600, feeling like death on so little sleep, but couldn’t get back to sleep. Got up ~0630, with romantic notions of a ~2 hour ride to Old Winchester Hill and back, but chained coffees to try and wake up and couldn’t decide on a route, anxieties about ice as several weather stations were reporting close to 0C in the area etc. “Suddenly” it was almost 0900 and didn’t seem worth getting bike off turbo, getting ready and heading off, when we were expected up the MIL’s (tiny walk away) just after 1000.

Then felt completely out of the loop when we were about to leave MIL after pressies and croissant at ~1130, when I then discovered we weren’t expected back there until ~1730!

Still felt completely drained and everything felt like a world changing crisis, hit the caffeine again and the odd shower passed over Old Winchester Hill, which combined with a call from family in Prestatyn a bit later put the final nail in the outdoor ride coffin. 🙁

Ended up doing a 2x15min FTP training session on Zwift. Woke me up for a while, until the fatigue from the session caught up with me a while later!

“Big” get-together of better half’s family at MIL’s isn’t until 1300 today, which are nice to catch up with everyone but leave me so drained as I’m a social recluse, but it’s a miserable wet and windy day and I probably have better odds of winning the lottery than going out in that in the next four hours. :/

footflaps

Sunny ride in the Algarve, even found a cafe which was open…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2i5vnz8]Xmas day ride[/url] by Ben Freeman, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2i5ukBm]Xmas day ride[/url] by Ben Freeman, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2i5vnv5]Xmas day ride[/url] by Ben Freeman, on Flickr

fooman

I wasn’t expecting to go out on a bike but daughter was going to Zwift (only so she can justify extra cake) weather looked good so I said I’d go on a short road ride, then son decided to tag along which is good as it kept pace down. Empty roads at 9am busy by 10am… Only stopping for quick insta pose. Got back daughter announced her Garmin informs her she can have 700 calories (more) cake.

insta pose

anagallis_arvensis

Just done the local club Boxing Day 10. First TT for 15 years and third ever, on a gravel bike with full mud guards on a wet and windy course. 4mins and 5s off pb just sneaked under 30mins. Still I got to escape the inlaws!!

Wally

Boxing day seeing dawn very slowly rise in the forest, deer, two mates, cafe open (sausages and bacon) and 14 miles of mud and slippy roots. Fab.

crazy-legs

Didn’t ride today. Wet & windy and I was helping with stuff round the house anyway – the sort of high/heavy things that my Mum can’t do on her own.

This time last year I’d just done 80 miles and 12,000ft climbing in Gran Canaria!

chakaping
    Free Member

Very mucky couple of hours at Rivi this afternoon.

Still mostly fun, but some bits heading toward peak slop now.

georgesdad

Christmas night, 12 miles in pitch dark. Bloody brilliant. Ummed and ahhed all afternoon, bit the bullet, strapped on the magicshine about 7:30 and set out. Loving night rides ATM.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘Who’s riding on 25th December?’ is closed to new replies.