Who’s riding on 25th December?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 100 total)
  • Who’s riding on 25th December?
  • Premier Icon hardtailonly
    Subscriber

Nope. Did a quick hour-and-a-bit on the road bike (gravel bike with road wheels) today. Will try and get half an hour’s run in tomorrow … Off work until 6 Jan so plenty of options for longer rides

No kids, no wife, no traffic, everything shut, sun is out, perfect

Premier Icon singlespeedstu
    Subscriber

What’s with all the running? I was under the impression this was a cycling forum.

Just trying to spice things up a bit, as you do in long term relationships.

Have you got Mrs chaka a Linford Christie outfit for christmas? 😉

P-Jay

I’ve got some new 5:10s for Xmas so I’ll use that as an excuse to have a spin around the block for a bit for a bit of quiet time.

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

Have you got Mrs chaka a Linford Christie outfit for christmas?

I’ve always been a sucker for a tasty lunchbox.

mboy

Just putting the finishing touches to my new Hardtail this evening, so all being well, will be out on that tomorrow somewhere. Possibly the Malverns, Maybe the Wyre Forest, but will hopefully have it all setup in time.

If not, will try and get a couple of hours in on the road bike instead.

Bustaspoke

I’ve only just finished work & I’m back in Boxing Day so I’ll be making the most of my day off tomorrow & fitting in a spin on the road bike tomorrow morning.
    The forecast looks pretty good for a December day in West Lancs.

Premier Icon singlespeedstu
    Subscriber

Everyone loves a well packed lunch box.

Premier Icon senor j
    Subscriber

Taking junior j out for a north London urban adventure, with lots of chocolate.

Premier Icon darkroomtim
    Subscriber

Will get a sneaky ride in tomorrow AM after presents and pre meal on the SS CX. Will then no doubt drink too much wine and end up going for my (now) traditional death walk to sober up.

Premier Icon duncancallum
    Subscriber

Me 5 ish miles to Rivy pike for booze early doors then to the inkaws on road/gravel bike so 20miles ish…

oreetmon

20mile loop to haigh hall in a bit.

Was supposed to be heading out at 5:30 before the chaos. Mini-mon woke early than usual excited for presents.

Premier Icon Sandwich
    Subscriber

Waiting for the sun to show and then a short ride to clear the head and set me up for the day.

What’s with all the running? I was under the impression this was a cycling forum.

Are you new here?

Premier Icon neila
    Subscriber

Just back home, quick 20 mile loop round the Berkeley Vale lanes. New cables fitted after yesterdays 45 wet miles so I now have working gears. First run out with a new light too, Exposure Strada RS from SDJ Sports, top service and top light. Happy Christmas all.

corroded

Had our Christmas dinner last night and since the sun is out I’m going for 60 miles on the gravel bike. Rest of the family is walking on the beach. We’re pretty chilled like that.

Premier Icon reluctantjumper
    Subscriber

Was going to be out today but one of the neighbours on the estate decided to have a very noisy party last night. Which ended up with a fight in the street and the police attending. Was gone 2am by the time I got to bed so having a lazy morning instead before going to my parents this afternoon.

Klunk

managed a quick hour and a bit on the road, busier than a typical sunday morning, beautiful morning 🙂

Premier Icon crazy-legs
    Subscriber

Went out to Richmond Park, met some RCC folk out there at 7.15am in the near pitch dark. Hardly anyone around so we set off and within a lap, the sunrise was amazing, people were coming into the park – loads of cyclists and then by about 8.45, loads of people for ParkRun.

Stunning morning – dry, great sunrise, lovely views and a nice few laps of the park plus some shared Christmas cake and brownies. 🙂

kerley

It seems to get busier each year. 10 years ago hardly saw a single person, today loads of people driving around, walking dogs etc,. Not really any better than an early Sunday morning.

Mister P

38 road miles on the singlespeed done. Now over to my parents house to eat all their food.

Premier Icon kayak23
    Subscriber

Nice little spin out this morning trying out my new Otter socks. Very muddy but good to get out.

Premier Icon eddiebaby
    Subscriber

Just cycling into town for a beer with the city folk, then back to local for beers and a Christmas meal with the village people.

luv2ride

20 miles on the singlespeed, back by 9.15 so not in any bad books either. Best weather I’ve seen in weeks too! Then opened a present to find this 2Tone Kapz lazer etched top cap. Genuine surprise and well chuffed…

scotroutes

Not long back. Thought I’d best at least make an effort before pigging out this afternoon.

Roads are lovely and quiet and I did part of the new Speyside Way extension so that I can add it to Openstreetmap later.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2i57BTe]DSC_0869[/url] by Colin Cadden, on Flickr

Premier Icon hairyscary
    Subscriber

I was riding before sunrise on Bennachie and managed to stay out for 3 hours. Rode 16 miles with 3,300ft of climbing. Lovely clear and crisp weather.

Premier Icon IvanMTB
    Subscriber

Turkey appetizer done this morning 😀
    The Strines nice an quiet. High-five to The Old Boy that caught me on Halifax Road.

null

Premier Icon kayak23
    Subscriber

back to local for beers and a Christmas meal with the village people.

Bustaspoke

I got out on the ‘Gravel Bike’ & did 41 miles around West Lancs,probably the nicest weather when I’ve been out on the bike since October.

So had an hour to kill, decided to visit the old dirt jumps round the corner from my parents place.

Not ridden there in 10+ years. Safe to say they’re bigger than I remember these days.

piemonster

10km cross country run with the dog, nice cloud inversion across the Firth of Forth with the Pentlands like little islands.

Rob Hilton

Pheasant/windscreen interface on the M4 this morning meant no chrimble din-dins with the folks for Rob.

A little pootle-ride done (my first in months) and I’m happy agen 🙂

corroded

Fabulous day out. No wind, blue skies, warm in the sun. 70 miles around the Downs so have earned a turkey sandwich or two.

Hob Nob

20 miles on the cross bikes this morning, after a big dog walk was a pleasant way to spend most of the morning outside, and went some way to mitigating the levels of food consumption this afternoon 😬

Premier Icon wheelie
    Subscriber

Quick 20 miles road ride timed to arrive at the Wykeham Arms for midday.Had to( as advised on these forums) rehydrate.🙄

Premier Icon johnny
    Subscriber

In the MTB no man’s land of NW Leicestershire for extended family Xmas, so 3 laps of Hick’s lodge, before home for scoffing.

Premier Icon slowoldman
    Subscriber

I didn’t intend to but Mrs. Slow said we were going for a ride, so a couple of hours on the road. Back for bucks fizz scrambled egg and smoked salmon.

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash
    Subscriber

Not ridden at Hicks since last February, always a fun loop 👍

mooman

Did just over an hour around the local lanes. Clear skies; not too cold … and completely empty roads; no cars and no other cyclists.

Could quite easily get back into it if every day was as nice.

2 miles to hospital to spend the day with my wife and 3 day old here 😀

Premier Icon bazhall
    Subscriber

Not me but LittlrMissHall was out riding her new bike

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 100 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.