Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Who's got a good plan for retirement / pension?
  • easygirl

Got 99 working days left before I retire at 52 😀
    Pretty good pension, but the last 25 years has taken its toll, so looking to have a rest for a year then to self employed doing a bit of gardening/ odd jbs

footflaps

then to self employed doing a bit of gardening/ odd jbs

I think that is the new reality, just scale back rather than completely retire. My parents generation, with fantastic final salary pensions, was an anomaly which won’t be repeated….

easygirl

I’ll have around £1500 a month, s will be able to manage, but worry about getting bored, we will have to see

piemonster

Easygirl, visited my partners grand dad out in rural Spain.

93, loves a glass of cheap whiskey. Goes out 5 days a week for restaurant meals. Still driving and constantly reading. Has a very well worn chair on the verandah. It’d be fine for me.

jd-boy
    Free Member

Im self employed started my pension when I was 21. (Im 50 next year) changed my pension from the norm several years ago to a stocks and shares pension plan, more risky but its earning me more money than the old system, if you have access to a finacial adviser go see them. 8)

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Who's got a good plan for retirement / pension?’ is closed to new replies.