Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Who’s been complaining about the Duffy ad then?
  • mrsflash
    Free Member

people complain becuase Duffy’s not wearing reflective clothing & bike lights do people not have anything better to think about??

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Jeeeeeeeezus.
    🙁

Harry_the_Spider

You just can’t win. I once rode through a supermarket (after a glass or two of sherry) and got some complaints… and I had lights and was wearing a helmet!

mogrim

After investigating, the ASA did not uphold the complaints, noting the “fantasy context” and deciding that older children would understand cycling round a supermarket was not a realistic situation.

I get this image in my head of a panel of grey haired experts, taking expert advice about what the youth of today consider normal, and then sagely coming to a wise decision…

thomthumb
    Free Member

i complained because i find her face offensive!!

Olly
    Free Member

duffys got cracking legs.

that is all i have to contribute

MrAgreeable

Sounds like there is scope for an educational parody. She could knock down a few pedestrians because she can’t stop her stupid fixie properly, get sideswiped by a bus for not having lights, suffer a debilitating head injury from not wearing a helmet and then all her teeth fall out from drinking Coke.

nickc

Can I complain to the ASA about Duffy, not because of anything, just because it’s her, y’know?

plant
    Free Member

To think I pay for these muppetts to take these complaints seriously enough to investigate – a few more the dole queue, in my opinion.

xcstu
    Free Member
    soobalias
    Free Member

were any of the complainants cyclists?

i dont recall her cycling on a public highway in the ad so lights are not required. that said should she be riding on footways/underpasses and most importantly IN through the OUT door of a supermarket?

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Only thing i looked at on that advert was her HUUUUGE bottom when cycling in them jeans. I mean, shes a pretty looking lady and not in too bad shape. Why did someone not say “yes your arse does look big in those”

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I bet it was some of the helmet nazis on here

Olly
    Free Member

love it, xcstu

jon1973
    Free Member

They should be given speed cameras and high vis jackets. That would keep ’em busy.

terrahawk
    Free Member

no hand signals either. I mean, it’s a disgrace isn’t it?

IanMunro
    Free Member

To think I pay for these muppetts to take these complaints seriously enough to investigate – a few more the dole queue, in my opinion.

You don’t. The ASA isn’t government funded.

dooosuk
    Free Member

xcstu – Member

I prefer this advert of her

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9gSZfINUFU&feature=related

Blimey, that was filmed just down the road from where I live!

jon1973
    Free Member

To think I pay for these muppetts to take these complaints seriously enough to investigate – few more the dole queue, in my opinion.

Ah! the dole queue. And the tax payer won’t be paying for that then?

headfirst
    Free Member

what tyres for Tesco Express?

coffeeking
    Free Member

duffys got cracking legs.

Really? Either you have low standards or I have unrealistically high ones!?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Only thing i looked at on that advert was her HUUUUGE bottom when cycling in them jeans. I mean, shes a pretty looking lady and not in too bad shape. Why did someone not say “yes your arse does look big in those”

She wasn’t wearing jeans? And you rarely, if ever, get a shot of her rear, which is actually fairly small if you look at the last scene of the ad?

hora
    Free Member

I bet it was some of the helmet nazis on here

Beat me to it.

sofatester
    Free Member

Hands up who would kick her out of bed though! 😆

coffeeking
    Free Member

Hands up who would kick her out of bed though!

<raises hand and walks away shaking head>

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

Singlespeed, fixie courier type bike. She would fit in here then.

Speshpaul

Duffy’s alright, she’s a good looking girl in the real world sense, not some twiglet.
    I like what she does as well except for that ad, its sounds like fingernails down a black board to me.
    I would and i’d buy her a pint and chips as well!

hora
    Free Member

“Hands up who would kick her out of bed though!”

You dont need to ask me that. Im not known as hungryHorace for nothing 8)

longweight
    Free Member

Am I the only one that is offended by her singing?

kimbers

whos duffy?

miketually
    Free Member

She could knock down a few pedestrians because she can’t stop her stupid fixie properly, get sideswiped by a bus for not having lights, suffer a debilitating head injury from not wearing a helmet and then all her teeth fall out from drinking Coke.

1. It had brakes
    2. It had lights
    3. Unlikely
    4. It was Diet Coke

coffeeking
    Free Member

IT doesnt appear to be a fixie, at one point she clearly freewheels (22 seconds in) for several seconds.

Duffy’s alright, she’s a good looking girl in the real world sense, not some twiglet.

Granted, she’s “normally sized”, but that doesnt mean she’s good looking. She looks like a man in drag 😯

This is about the most flattering picture there is of her in the world i think:

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Sounds like a 9 year old with laryngitis – after 10 mins I feel an urge to tear my ears off.

Looks ok and if you think her bum looks big you need to get out more!!

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Shocked by this – I hope it wasn’t cyclists who complained!!!

Nothing better than seeing cycling’s profile raised in the media.

TBH I let me 5yr old cycle round our local Co-op, but she does wear a helmet and reflectors.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Miketually – no lights and her brain will rot from the Aspatame.

MrAgreeable

Thanks Rogerthecat, I was beginning to wilt under the heat of Miketually’s fact-ray. 😉

rogerthecat
    Free Member

IanMunro – Member
    You don’t. The ASA isn’t government funded.

And the government is funded by whom?

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Sorry talking bollocks ^^^ please ignore!!

Speshpaul

No Rogerwe won’t! we don’t ignore all the bollocks on here, so you’re not going to start with you:-)

zaskar
    Free Member

coffeeking – Member
    She looks like a man in drag

Holy crap he’s right! 😯

Oh well… 😈

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Who’s been complaining about the Duffy ad then?’ is closed to new replies.