Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Who was out in Hexham tonight?
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

Just wondering who the group of 4(?) we saw in Dukes Woods in Hexham a few hours ago was.
    Anyone from here?
    Good ride, albeit super gloopy – mud just the wrong side of frozen. 🙂

paul4stones

I was out. Oh, but I was running in the dark and snow along Hadrian's Wall above Newbrough. Mud was the same tho' Must be filthy in Dukeswood.

Jammy111
    Free Member

are there many hexham riders about? would be interesting to know of any decent spots anyone knows of…

BillyBull
    Free Member

Go take a map to the Hexham Bike Shop. Sure he would show you.

Jammy111
    Free Member

ive asked him before, didnt seem to know/want to divulge his secret spots. also didn't have the tools to re tap a bottom bracket which was odd….

boxelder

didn't have the tools to re tap a bottom bracket which was odd….

Perhaps no-ones ever asked him before. If I ran a bike shop I'd hold off buying tools 'til they were needed.
    Plenmellor (though it's not exactly doorstep)

nonk
    Free Member

plenmellor? halty?

BillyBull
    Free Member

Maybe it was because I bought a frame off him. Said he would.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Jammy (and others), are you local then?
    There's a few of us who head out at 8pm every wednesday – meet by Natwest at the top of Back Street. Sometimes just around Dukeswood, sometimes further afield. Often to a pub 🙂
    You're welcome to join us – we know quite a few of the various legal, cheeky, and non-mapped trails around here.
    My email address is in my profile if you want to get in touch.

Jammy111
    Free Member

bandito- i am am hexham lad indeed. currently at university in durham though. would definitely be up for some rides over summer/easter holidays though!

Davy
    Free Member

Jammy, if you want somehting a bit closer, give us a try.

paul4stones

I'm local. You can probably guess where from my username. Usually out with mates running or cycling or climbing on a wednesday (20yr habit hard to break). I'll look out for you if I'm stuck for some friends 🙂

paul4stones

Sorry, that sounded very rude. I mean thanks for the invitation – I might give you a shout if I'm free!

ir_bandito
    Free Member

no worries Paul. And Jammy (when you're back)

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Jammy – just put 2 and 2 together and realised it was your Dad I bought the THE fender off. It all becomes clearer…

willy
    Free Member

waay im from hexham but in uni in aberdeen.
    seems like you have plenty of new friends and they seems to know lots of routes!
    in my experience the fella at the bike shop is a bit hot and cold, mostly hes nice (the younger one) sometimes a bit grumpy, doesnt like to divulge his knowledge or ride with you (a few people have said this), theres another guy who is his dad whos a big grump and knows nowt i reccommend not asking him for advice if possible

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Who was out in Hexham tonight?’ is closed to new replies.