• This topic has 14 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by jimw.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Who did the most 24 and 12 hr laps in 2009
  • numplumz
    Free Member

With the UK solo champs announced, got me wondering who did the most laps(or miles) if totalling up all those completed in UK 24 hour events of 2009, stake your claims.

what about 12 hrs too, just UK also.

list of 24hr events here just waiting for click 24 too.

will
    Free Member

SITS – 8 (As a pair) Think it was 8 anyway
    D2D – 11

Only did 2 last year 🙁

jedi

jack, knowing you i'd say you!!! 🙂

robdeanhove
    Free Member

Mayhem = 7 laps (7th Male Sport Team)
    TwentyFour12 = 9 laps (2nd Male Open Team & 1st Male Masters Team)
    SITS = 26 laps!!! (1st Male Solo)
    D2D = 7 laps (3rd Men's Pairs) yes, D2D is only 12hrs, but will just included it
    SDD = 1 "lap" (but it was 19hrs 59mins long and 202 miles!)

So, at roughly 8miles a lap that's 42laps (or 49 inc D2D) and 336miles (392 inc D2D, 592 inc SDD too). I think terrahawk did way more though with good solo results at SITS & Mayhem. So, disappointingly, it turns out that the mileage total's not that much for the huge amount of pain that was involved in earning those miles!

njee20
    Free Member

I reckon Ant White's up there if we're talking purely competitive laps in endurance events, 2nd at Mayhem with 25 and 1st at 24/12 with 26, he probably did others too.

Drac

I reckon Jack stands a chance to be one of the highest but I seem recall something an injury or was that last year?

jimmers
    Free Member

Mayhem (ss solo) = 16 laps (2nd singlespeed solo in the nichetastic sub class)
    Bonty 24/12 (12hr solo) = 11 laps (14th)
    D2D (pairs) = 7 laps (10th)

terrahawk
    Free Member

CLIC24 – 21 laps (2nd)
    Mayhem – ermmm 17 laps? 5th place anyway
    SITS – 23 laps (3rd)

EDIT: 20 at CLIC, 22 at MM.

terrahawk
    Free Member

oh yeh, I did a few at D2D as well.

numplumz
    Free Member

I've never finished a 24 hr and haven't done a 12 for years!

Ant White, you say well thats what got me thinking, winners like Ant and Matt do a few events and shine, but is there someone out there who does all the 24 hour races and is the real mileage king?

I seem to have seen Josh Ibbot everywhere this year and going really well, was hoping someone would wade through all the results and come up with an answer as I don't have time 😉

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Gotta be Ant. He seems to do more events than most (certainly more than I do) and does well in them all. One tough cookie!

2010 is already shaping up to be one hell of a year for 24hrs.
    Personally I'll be doing the UK and World 24hrs.

wonnyj
    Free Member

Josh Ibbot did the transwales as well – does that count as its really just one big lap of mid wales?

Chisel
    Free Member

No worries Jack i'll ask him tonight when I get home, he'll more likely be able to give you hours as opposed to laps though!!!

:O)

Rikoshea
    Free Member

BikeRadar Live – 29 laps, 3rd
    Mayhem – 17 laps, 16th
    Sits – 23 laps, 4th
    D2D – 12 laps, 11th
    81 laps i make it, this could be the first thing i win this year….
    Will i win a half eaten pork pie or summet Jack ;0)
    Rik

jimw
    Free Member

well, it certainlty wasn't me……

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Who did the most 24 and 12 hr laps in 2009’ is closed to new replies.