• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by IA.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Which ibook
  • turneround

my computer is on its last legs and im looking at moving over to an ibook… having not used one before couldi get some recommendations on which are the ones to look out for and which to avoid(refurbished???)

going to be used as a do-it-all puter

CaptJon
    Free Member

A secondhand iBook rather than a new MacBook (which replaced the iBook)?

What's your budget?

tomzo
    Free Member

as Captjon said, presume you mean the newer macbook? Wouldn't bother with the old ibook (which has a PPC processor and not the latest intel ones)

The white, cheapest macbook will do you perfectly well, its a very good laptop (exactly the same as the base macbook pro, apart from lack of SD card reader and the screens not quite as good albeit barely noticeable) and if you're in education or know someone, get them to buy it on the uni network, and you get approx 15% off! (you can buy it from home on the education website but the discount is less). refurb computers are also fine, you basically just dont get the fancy cardboard box, apart from that its fully functioning and has a full warranty.

http://store.apple.com/uk/product/FB990B/A?mco=MTA4MzIzMzA

Thats a good deal!

tomzo
    Free Member

double post.

turneround

budget wise i'll pay what is needed, although i'm not after all the bells and whistles as im not a full on computer user…. good you cleared up the ibook / macbook… i was looking at the ibook as they seemed really cheap for the refurb ones….

organic355
    Free Member

Why would you want an ibook when a spectrum 48k will do?, you have succumbed to apples cunning marketing you have!!! 😯

Bonj

IA

They're all good TBH. Given you don't know exactly what you want, any current model or official refurb will be fine. If you're buying secondhand, anything core 2 duo based is fine (avoid the 1st gen core duo ones).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Which ibook’ is closed to new replies.